Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Screenshot_20210326-101832_Google.jpg

RJs improvement as the season goes on is beautiful. Was calling for his alien head to get traded when the season began.

The Jimmy Butler draft comps seem very real.

RJ's a hard worker so even if his natural gifts are limited he would find a way to be a contributor. He might not ever be a 1st option but he can be a factor in the team becoming a legit playoff mainstay.

Before this would be the perfect game for him to **** the bed. Hed end up with like 7-5-1 on terrible percentages.

Him still somehow finishing with that stat line and leading a comeback shows major growth.

I'd really like to see more action with him as the primary ball handler, even if it's just simple high pick & roll

I'd really like to see more action with him as the primary ball handler, even if it's just simple high pick & roll

Burks has that role right now. Primary ball handler needs to be able to shoot off the dribble or pull up.Once RJ starts hitting those paint fadeaways or dribble pull ups, absolutely gotta have him in that role.

I got a weird comparison for RJ... I hope his ceiling is higher then this, but Luol Deng. Jack of all trades, great team guy, can score, can pass, can defend. Maybe just sub-all star level but a solid decade plus starter for a winning team.

He could end up taking a leap beyond that too but that’s a guy that came to mind.

Deng was a really good player, operated heavily in the mid range though. I like the Butler comp bc they both prefer to just bully themselves into the paint. Awkward slower game that’s super effective.

Atleast we know Obi aint it. Idk what he's doing out there anymore.

Mitch needs to s t f u and take the money they're offering him too. If the Drummond rumor of 4/64 is true, idk how much Mitch is getting.

Mitch needs to s t f u and take the money they're offering him too. If the Drummond rumor of 4/64 is true, idk how much Mitch is getting.
I wouldn’t be mad if we signed Drummond for that as long as we have a trade for a Legit SG or PG and obviously Mitch would be involved.

I don't want to tie up big money into a big that'll demand the ball but is terrible at actually finishing. It's not a good fit at all.

Mitch and Noel are perfect for the current make up of this team. Give that money to an actual position of need (Lonzo, Powell, etc).

Idk how ppl didn’t think RJ would be good :lol:

I think it was sportscenter induced panic. The Knicks fans that didn't think RJ had a bright future were watching ESPN last season and saw Zion with his highlight dunks and Ja cooking nightly and RJ was solid but didn't wow anyone.

But like anything in life, you can't compare what you have to what others have. Just bc Zion and Ja got it rolling before RJ didn't mean he won't be good. This is only year 2. By year 3-4 I can see RJ as a 25/8/6 type player.

Don’t understand the interest in Drummond at all and don’t want any part of it

Ball stopping, non-efficient finisher that doesn’t address any needs

Mitch is finally getting back into rhythm, Noel has been beasting for us and even Taj is legitimately contributing in limited minutes

No thanks

FAC2542C-C9A4-421D-91A2-D23547EAF298.jpeg

i've been enjoying the minutes thibs has giving some of these young, inexperienced players as a way to prove themselves. they may be on a short leash, but he's giving them a shot. wasn't so much the case even a month ago, so that's an improvement for everyone

obi was in the mix last night during the most crucial moments in the fourth and handled it well. even contributed with an important steal. glad thibs gave him a shot. fans should too. be a little more patient and let him unfold

Yeah I still am gonna give obi time. Y’all writing son off wayyyyyy to fast

what is he above average at? I'm not even gonna ask what's he good at. Defense? No. Handling? No. Playmaking? No. Jump shooting? Hell no.

If he could do any of those things at a decent rate I'd give him time but he's bad at all those aspects. Some rookies have a few moves in their arsenal but their shot just isn't falling yet. Obi's only move is trying to post up someone smaller than him and not being able to move them at all then taking a one handed floater or passing out for a 3

Back
Top Bottom