Official OVO x JB Thread

Nike should just keep actual designers and let go of the celebs. They don’t add anything.

They can save money and just make a limited Jordan and tell people it’s limited by numbering it and booM same sales without the money it cost to pay a celeb. Could have literally did this with these ovo’s and called it something stupid like “Gold Star Jordan’s”

Get designers and have them put spins on there existing models. Off white was great. Boom justifies the money you spending.

Want celeb backing seed them free sneakers from said designers.

nike doesn’t see these celebs the same way we do. just because we eat them up and they sell out in seconds doesn’t mean much to nike.

nike’s all about athletics, sports contracts, “futbol” it literally makes billions from that stuff.

an ovo collab or off white. that’s like change in the tip jar for them.

if adidas is willing to pay these guys to promote the brand then nike is gonna have less than a zero problem letting them walk

with that being said. and having the 8s in hand. i wouldn’t be surprise if nike/jordan just has excess materials from a model that didn’t sell well and just put an owl on it, so they don’t have to take a loss on fabric. these white ovo 8s are literally a blank shoe with 3 strokes of gold paint and an owl.

Yeah, certain collaborations doesn't make sense to me. I understand trying to reach out to all demographics but JB's influence in the pop culture and athletic department is so massive, every celebrity (from A listers- down to D) all wear it and promote the brand at any imaginable social events.

But that's the uneducated sneaker head talking in me...

Athletic gear are being sold to consumers that don’t even use it for athletic purposes. That entry point is so compelling and so massive to a bigger audience of non-athletes. Nike will not ignore that to appease a small portion of it's purists.

apparently ovo 8s are available in store now at both toronto stores
might be the same in NY

prolly people who didnt collect raffle wins

So most people haven’t gotten their pairs for the raffle or are just getting them? Am I following correctly?

Really wanting to grab a pair of blacks, and the price right now is good... but just like anyone else, I would like to buy on the low end rather than mid point.

What is eveyones thoughts as to how cheap they will go? Should I wait to try and save another 20-30 bucks or pull trigger now?

These aren’t must haves or I wouldn’t be asking these questions and would just hurry up and buy, but they would be a nice addition to my collection for winter usage.

So most people haven’t gotten their pairs for the raffle or are just getting them? Am I following correctly?

Really wanting to grab a pair of blacks, and the price right now is good... but just like anyone else, I would like to buy on the low end rather than mid point.

What is eveyones thoughts as to how cheap they will go? Should I wait to try and save another 20-30 bucks or pull trigger now?

These aren’t must haves or I wouldn’t be asking these questions and would just hurry up and buy, but they would be a nice addition to my collection for winter usage.

Hard to say man. Market can be predictable. I'd probably wait for another week or two once most people receives their pair, you'll probably get a few more with buyers remorse.

TBH, as stated before, it's underwhelming in hand (as far as design) but quality wise, it's a notch higher than your usual JB release. It's a great winter and fall shoe and I can imagine it aging well because of the materials and execution on this release.

Hard to say man. Market can be predictable. I'd probably wait for another week or two once most people receives their pair, you'll probably get a few more with buyers remorse.

TBH, as stated before, it's underwhelming in hand (as far as design) but quality wise, it's a notch higher than your usual JB release. It's a great winter and fall shoe and I can imagine it aging well because of the materials and execution on this release.
Thanks for your insight. Glad to hear from someone who has a pair in hand. I think I’m sitting out until I see them go lower. Call me nuts, but the way the release seems to be going, I think these could dip as low as retail with possible restock happening caused by all the returns from failed quickflippers.

Nah below retail isn’t possible very very doubtful.

Yall be saying yeezys under retail too I’m like bruh stop

Maybe 25 to 30 to cover the 10% middle man coat sites charge. Sooo 280 ish.

Nike pairs will just be returned before they waste time online with stock x and goat.

Now the ovo folks will be the quick flippers. Most them probably pre sold.

The stragglers will sell for 280 and be done with it

Hopefully I can just catch a nike restock then, unlikely though assuming the window for it would be very small

Well I'll consider that as a W for money saved on the whites then lol

I think I would still like them, but it's all good

These will gain value down the line, once those who bought them with their last dime ,strictly to make a few bucks off em flip em , after that the market will dry up.
Ill just hang on to em til the value rises above 400 or near it.

Just saw the white pair in person and all I can say is Jordan got folks with these. Basic as a mutha! Some folk will be able to cop under retail soon as the buyers start to receive and see this in person.

No way these are going under retail dude. It's an OVO collab. No one cares what the shoe looks like, just all that it says and who it promotes. Yeezys aren't worth what they sell for, but Kanye has clout. Drake has it too.

Last edited:
Well since no one wants to post any on foot pics, can we at least see some shoe pics before you ship the shoes to stockx.....

Back
Top Bottom