OFFICIAL PATRICK EWING/ EWING ATHLETICS THREAD. VOL. THEY ARE OFFICIALLY BACK!

Vote on the Ewing Model you would like to see return!

• Asphalt

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Boomer

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Concept

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Eclipse

• Extreme

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Key

• Kross

• Orion

• Prizm

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Street New York City

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Swatt

• Total voters
Gotta go to training on my day off for work in Jersey tomorrow. Going to stop on the way home down on South Street to pick up the Images. Can't wait to get these tomorrow.

So I went down to South St in Philly today after my seminar in Jersey. Picked up the Images! These are super comfy! The Huarache-type bootie is sweet! They fit TTS but are roomy width-wise. I wouldn't be able to size down or they would be too short & my toe would be against the end of the inside of the shoe. Quality is nice!

The only thing I hate, is the shop I got them from! Guy brought them out, told me they released last week. Told him I saw that and wanted to come down to try on before buying. Once I finished trying them on, I confirmed the price with him.."These are $120 right"? He says to me, in a surprised tone, "oh you know these"?! Told him I have 7 other pairs of Ewing's at home. Wondered why he said it that way. Once he scanned the box, I got my answer...$130!

Other guy behind the counter asked him "$120"? He said Yeah, like he was bummed. Marking up Ewings now? Give me a break! Check out the pics (with an on-foot) now that my rant is over. I really like them! Worth grabbing a pair. :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks buddy. I'm loving these. So comfy. Sort of a Flight Huarache long lost cousin :smile: Next up, the Eclipse in the "Dream Team" colorway come summer when they release (per Ewing Athletics email to me). :pimp:

Last edited:
So I went down to South St in Philly today after my seminar in Jersey. Picked up the Images! These are super comfy! The Huarache-type bootie is sweet! They fit TTS but are roomy width-wise. I wouldn't be able to size down or they would be too short & my toe would be against the end of the inside of the shoe. Quality is nice!

The only thing I hate, is the shop I got them from! Guy brought them out, told me they released last week. Told him I saw that and wanted to come down to try on before buying. Once I finished trying them on, I confirmed the price with him.."These are $120 right"? He says to me, in a surprised tone, "oh you know these"?! Told him I have 7 other pairs of Ewing's at home. Wondered why he said it that way. Once he scanned the box, I got my answer...$130!

Other guy behind the counter asked him "$120"? He said Yeah, like he was bummed. Marking up Ewings now? Give me a break! Check out the pics (with an on-foot) now that my rant is over. I really like them! Worth grabbing a pair. :smile:

Bro these are sick. Nice pick up. Any news on the home colorway dropping?

Bro these are sick. Nice pick up. Any news on the home colorway dropping?

Thanks buddy. When I emailed Ewing Athletics about the fit, I didn't think to ask if there will be a home colorway. Did Ewing even wear a white based version of the Images back in the day? I really don't remember seeing them. They did tell me though that the Eclipse is coming this summer as I asked if we would see a Dream Team colorway as it would be awesome to see.
They said I would be excited about the Eclipse release come summer. So we have that to look forward to. I think they are going to include the mini replica gold medal with them instead of the mini basketball. That would be sick. :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks buddy. When I emailed Ewing Athletics about the fit, I didn't think to ask if there will be a home colorway. Did Ewing even wear a white based version of the Images back in the day? I really don't remember seeing them. They did tell me though that the Eclipse is coming this summer as I asked if we would see a Dream Team colorway as it would be awesome to see.
They said I would be excited about the Eclipse release come summer. So we have that to look forward to. I think they are going to include the mini replica gold medal with them instead of the mini basketball. That would be sick. :smile:

Not sure if they were a PE back then.

Nonetheless that's great news the Ewing Eclipse are getting retroed. Thanks bro.

Last edited:

Not sure if they were a PE back then.

Nonetheless that's great news the Ewing Eclipse are getting retroed. Thanks bro.
No problem bud. Glad to help out fellow NTers. Just take what they told me with a bit of optimism. They didn't say the Dream Team colorway is coming, but when I asked they said I would be very excited in the summer when the Eclipse releases. 2+2=4 to me. :smile:

BTW, that's an awesome pic you posted. The 3 shoes alone in that pic shows just why the 90s were the best time for sneakers. Gotta love the Pippen red Maestro 2, the Image and the LA Gear Hakeem was wearing. I kinda wish somehow LA Gear would retro the Catapult. It was corny tech but they were cool looking back them! :smile:

Last edited:
They said I would be excited about the Eclipse release come summer. So we have that to look forward to. I think they are going to include the mini replica gold medal with them instead of the mini basketball. That would be sick.
smile.gif
Yeah, Patrick Ewing also wore the Images in a White, Blue, Orange colorway. Here goes some pics that I have posted on here before of Patrick Ewing wearing them.

In all there's only a total of 3 OG colorways of the Images the black pair, white pair and the one that he wore in the 1994 All-Star Game.

Last edited:
So I see that the April Retro Collection is going to have the Image in a Red & Black Suede Colorway. I have to say not bad at all, but I wish they would of retroed first the Image in the OG White, Blue & Orange Colorway. Oh yeah, I was thinking that the Image would also look sick in a Miami Dolphins Colorway.

Last edited:
This is my first pair of 33 hi's, copped for $87 shipped, the translucent purple outsole is insane!  Not to mention the glow in the dark toe box.  Now I just need to find the OG colorway for a good price.

@KingJay718

Nope, I had to go a full size up. My TTS is 12 and they don't make a 12 1/2 so 13 was my only option. Going TTS would've been way too snug for me, I prefer to have extra room over a snug fit. They're perfect in my opinion.

Last edited:
Me being into the whole kicks matching with a hat thing. Here's this very rare Vintage Portland Trail Blazers Snapback Hat w Tags Unworn by AJD for $34.99. I would of scooped it up myself, but I rather share this dope find. This snapback perfectly matches with both the Ewing 33 HI Black/White/Red & the Ewing IMAGE in Red Suede/ Black releasing on 04/20/16. If you want to check out the hat and probably purchase it here goes the link http://www.etsy.com/listing/275573200/rare-portland-blazers-vintage-90s-nba?ref=shop_home_active_3

The only thing I get out of this is the satisfaction of knowing that I shared a dope find with someone else and knowing they'll look fresh/exclusive and look like a million buck$$$$$$$$$$$, without breaking the bank, that's all. The price on this hat is at a steal price in my opinion cause its Rare and still has the tags on it, a lot of those type of hats cost more. Staying fresh & unique is my specialty! C Flyness

In this episode of My Brother and Me it looks to me like Goo is rocking the Ewing Anode Low. Check it out starting at 4:42

If Goo is actually wearing the Ewing Anode Low, this means that would make him the second tv kid actor who wears some Ewings with Shawn Hunter of Boys Meets World being the first with the Ewing Street.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom