Official PC thread.

:wow: :wow: :wow: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
[h1]SimCity modded so it can be played offline indefinitely[/h1]
The controversy around SimCity looks set to continue: a modder has tweaked the always-online game so it can be played offline indefinitely.

UKAzzer published a video to YouTube (via Reddit) that shows him playing around in the game's debug mode.

From there, he was able to edit the highways that connect cities together outside of the city boundaries. The game's city sizes have been criticised by some for being too small.

"You can edit the highways ANYWHERE - even outside of your city boundary," UKAzzer said, "and even if you quit the game and log back in later, it's all saved safely on the server.

"This shows that highway editing will be easily possible, AND that editing outside of the artificially small city boundaries should be very viable too."

Meanwhile, UKAzzer modded out the "fluffed population count" so the game shows the real population count - a disparity players have complained about since launch.

Most importantly, UKAzzer was able to disable SimCity's disconnection timer, thus setting it to unlimited. Tests have shown SimCity kicks you out after around 20 minutes of offline play.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-14-simcity-modded-so-it-can-be-played-offline-indefinitely

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

EA and there BS ....

this whole game is a ******g joke at this point.
cant even imagine the bull they'll pull when the sims 4 comes out.

can anyone recommend a wireless headset? it's going to be for gaming and it's gonna be right next to my router since it sits on top of my desktop. i'm not sure if the frequencies will interfere with each other.

^Just try to avoid the 2.4 GHz frequency so it doesn't interfere with any other wireless devices. Heard the Turtle Beach stuff has interference, so you might want to avoid those.

Personally I use the MixAmp 5.8 system from Astro Gaming, which I carried over from my console days. Uses a 5.8 GHz frequency. It works well, but is fairly expensive.

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm thinking of purchasing a new graphics card and was thinking of the GTX 650 TI Boost, any good reviews on it?

Alright, I have another question.

If you guys ever played a COD on PC, you guys know how every time the game starts that you're in a loading screen with a white bar on the bottom loading up right?

I've never had problems with MW2 or MW3, but I've had problems with the loading screen in BO2.  It doesn't take 5-7 mins like some others, but mine usually takes like 40 seconds to around a minute to load and I noticed it isn't normal because I would here my friends talking to cap something in the background and notice when I start playing they already have started long ago.

I just wanted to know what is this problem that I have!?!  Is it the GPU?  Because I'm thinking of getting a new one, but I don't think that will solve the problem.

Any help thanks!!

Got 8gb of ram free with this ASRock mobo I got to replace my Maximus IV Extreme. It crapped out on me. Now I'm at 16gb of ram. I'm in the market for a new router now because the one I have no is crapping out as well.

Back
Top Bottom