Official PC thread.

Anyone seen this graphic card shortage going on?

Literally any store I walk into that normal sells mid-tier to high-tier GPUs, literally empty shelves :smh:

Anyone seen this graphic card shortage going on?

Literally any store I walk into that normal sells mid-tier to high-tier GPUs, literally empty shelves :smh:

cause of **** like this

2MicBLi.jpg

news is that ram prices will drop this year.

praying it does so i can do my ryzen build.

Yea bigjny88 bigjny88 It's been like a yr and a half of this. Check prices online most are over msrp. PC parts all went up. Also part of the NAND memory storage in part due to smart phones. Check the RAM prices. Some egregious price fixing also. Samsung I believe is supposed to be opening a new facility which could help but it's a wait and see.

PC been pricing folks out for over a yr now. I'm tryna upgrade MOBO/CPU/RAM, and maybe GPU

I havent built a PC since 2011, and the moment I start considering.........everything is gone.

I dont wanna hunt down PC parts like I do a pair of Retro OG 1s, **** sakes

uninstalled after 3 minutes.

Thought the ugandan knuckles videos were kind of funny, first room I loaded into was just people repeating the n word with the -er.

What headsets yall rockin??
I got a Rift

None, I tried VR Chat at a friend's house.........who had a Rift.

But man, not kidding on Top Boy Top Boy 's experience.........no ******* filter in that environment. You'd think it'd be ****s and giggles with a constant barrage of people dressing up in "meme avatars" and Ugandan Knuckles......but a ton of un-necessary **** being spurted out of people's mouths with no remorse.

Can any of you guys recommend me a good quality compact printer/scanner combo? My fam is currently using an Epson Stylus NX330 and it's reliability has been on the decline these past few months.

Alright fambs. I'm in the market for a desktop for graphic design, video editing, etc. Any recommendations? Trying to stay under 450 or 500 if possible. I do want to have dual monitors eventually too.

Also, I picked up the Logitech G613 Lightspeed wireless mechanical keyboard. I was looking for a wireless mechanical keyboard back when I bought my last PC a few years ago but there were only a few and they were of the mini variety. Glad they finally have full sized wireless keyboards with only 1ms response rate. My old bluetooth keyboard used to lag out all the time and it was frustrating. Now I just have to get used to typing with an old school keyboard again.

Well I am officially pissed off. Updated the BIOS on my PC yesterday via the HP site and it completely bricked my motherboard, and this, my entire computer is now useless. $2,000 down the drain. Of course it's 2 years old and out if warranty so HP refuses to to anything with out me paying them more money... which I refuse to do because even when it was under warranty they never actually took care of any issues. Had to replace the power supply myself. I am tempted to just buy a new one and swap the motherboard, but none of the current models have liquid cooling like mine.

I'm probably gonna have to buy a new case, mobo and CPU. I'm probably better off just selling the components and waiting for the new line of GPUs to come out and buy a whole new system, but all of the PC manufacturers are garbage, God awful customer support, but none are worse than HP.

Well I am officially pissed off. Updated the BIOS on my PC yesterday via the HP site and it completely bricked my motherboard, and this, my entire computer is now useless. $2,000 down the drain. Of course it's 2 years old and out if warranty so HP refuses to to anything with out me paying them more money... which I refuse to do because even when it was under warranty they never actually took care of any issues. Had to replace the power supply myself. I am tempted to just buy a new one and swap the motherboard, but none of the current models have liquid cooling like mine.

I'm probably gonna have to buy a new case, mobo and CPU. I'm probably better off just selling the components and waiting for the new line of GPUs to come out and buy a whole new system, but all of the PC manufacturers are garbage, God awful customer support, but none are worse than HP.

Why not just replace your mobo with one that works with all your components and fits into your case? Plus the one you’ll buy will probably be better than the barebones one.

sounds like he's only looking at prebuilt?

Yea, but it’s fairly easy to replace a mobo yourself and chances are there’s ones that should work with all his components without issue. May need to re route some of the water cooling if the layout doesn’t match spot on but nothing a little time and effort can’t fix. May end up with a better rig overall as well.

I want a bigger case, I hate how cramped the case is. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it. I would like to built a smaller HTPC, but I want a much more organized case than the rats nest that this HP is.

I want a bigger case, I hate how cramped the case is. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it. I would like to built a smaller HTPC, but I want a much more organized case than the rats nest that this HP is.

So you want to build an HTPC? Or a desktop PC?

Yea definitely two different spectrum's. If you want a small build I would look into Mini-ITX small form factor cases. I built one with an i7/32GB RAM/1TB/AMD RX480. Decent cable management and great temps and speed.

Back
Top Bottom