Official PC thread.

annoying as hell. 4070 price is just dumbfounding. I'd only get it if it drops to $499. Nvidia is practically pricing more for their AI feature. not sure if AMD will release a midtier 7xxx card.
Now they got the 4060ti which is equivalent to the 3070ti.

Folks would be okay with the prices if the performance matched. This has just been a putrid generation and the competition is lagging. I’m hoping and praying Intel and AMD can get their acts together. Or a Chinese company comes on the scene.

Now they got the 4060ti which is equivalent to the 3070ti.

Folks would be okay with the prices if the performance matched. This has just been a putrid generation and the competition is lagging. I’m hoping and praying Intel and AMD can get their acts together. Or a Chinese company comes on the scene.
I believe Chinese brands are still far behind in gpus so I'm not that too enthusiastic about that. Just about to try out that Chinese nvme if it's good as advertised. Also read an article today regarding the 7800xt. If rumors hold true regarding the specs, I would get that one as it seems to compete the 4070 ti. The 7700xt seems to be a direct competitor to the 4070. So I might get that instead of the 6750xt. I'm going team red this time as nvidia management annoys me alot with their pricing and business tactics.

I believe Chinese brands are still far behind in gpus so I'm not that too enthusiastic about that. Just about to try out that Chinese nvme if it's good as advertised. Also read an article today regarding the 7800xt. If rumors hold true regarding the specs, I would get that one as it seems to compete the 4070 ti. The 7700xt seems to be a direct competitor to the 4070. So I might get that instead of the 6750xt. I'm going team red this time as nvidia management annoys me alot with their pricing and business tactics.
I'm not hugely impressed with AMD this generation, especially in ray tracing performance. The XTX is almost comparable to the RTX 4080. It's $100 cheaper. They probably should have priced that at $899 and the XT at $799.
Yeah I thought these joints would be smoking a 3070 or 6750 xt, not so much. Better, but not by the margin I would think.
The only "value" is the RTX 4090!!!!!

I'm not hugely impressed with AMD this generation, especially in ray tracing performance. The XTX is almost comparable to the RTX 4080. It's $100 cheaper. They probably should have priced that at $899 and the XT at $799.

The only "value" is the RTX 4090!!!!!
I felt the same about pricing although I prefer the XTX more than the 4080 considering the price point and what we are not getting from it. Nvidia's selling point right now is the features, not the performance aspect of the gpu. even the last gen card from Nvidia is still selling like msrp eventhough it's 3 years old. it's just insane. atleast with AMD, there is a performance uplift in rasterized performance from last their last gen. gpu mining definitely screwed up everything and made these manufacturers play monopoly.

value and overvalued.
It was literally a niche enthusiast product. Who wants to spend $1,600 on a video card?

Folks really want the performance of the RTX 3080 RTX and RTX 3070. There's not really a comparable product. And I'm sure if we looked generation over generation, more often than not, the new generation eclipsed the old one.

It was literally a niche enthusiast product. Who wants to spend $1,600 on a video card?

Folks really want the performance of the RTX 3080 RTX and RTX 3070. There's not really a comparable product. And I'm sure if we looked generation over generation, more often than not, the new generation eclipsed the old one.
it's the first time that a new generation Nvidia has failed to deliver in terms of performance from the last generation. it is really as dumb as it goes as the only increase we see are in power usage and price. if only had Intel released an upper midrange card which is better supported, I would have invested in one. but sadly, the best they could do right now is to match a 6600XT performance with better RT capability. Intel is practically showing us how overpriced Nvidia cards are right now.

looking at the 4070 benchmarks is quite disappointing. yeah it's a very good 1440p gaming gpu, but it's not like we don't have those from the previous 2 generations for a cheaper cost.

I did.

I paid $1600 for an evga 3080ti, $1900 for evga 3090, and $2200 for a asus strix 3090.

I have only played 30 minutes of cyberpunk so far and 5 minutes of Harry Pottler
(In Obama Voice) let me be clear, I am not pocket watching or have an issue if someone wants the Mclaren, Bugatti, or high end lambo/rari of video cards. There’s a market for it. Just like there’s a market for HeDT processors. Or those who want massive RAID arrays.

It’s that we could always rely on the 60, 70, and 80 to deliver great performance from the last generation. Like Sneeker said…mo power, mo money.

looking at the 4070 benchmarks is quite disappointing. yeah it's a very good 1440p gaming gpu, but it's not like we don't have those from the previous 2 generations for a cheaper cost.
For the Nvidia options, it's tough to find 3080s and 3070s for reasonable prices. You can get the 6800XT and 6950XTs for fair prices. But in comparison to the 4070, the 6800XT is the cheapest, price to performance option.

For the Nvidia options, it's tough to find 3080s and 3070s for reasonable prices. You can get the 6800XT and 6950XTs for fair prices. But in comparison to the 4070, the 6800XT is the cheapest, price to performance option.
it is indeed the cheapest. I would have gotten the 6900XT when it went down to $699 last year at microcenter if I knew this year would be much crazier than the gpu mining boom. but anyways, I'm glad I didn't and would still be saving some money and how dlss 3 and fsr support breathe new life to the RTX2000/RX5000 series cards. we'll see this summer on how things will turn up as I'm keeping the remaining mad money for now.

Ended up getting the Sapphire 7900XT for 800. New egg had a 20 off deal so. I jumped on it. Pretty sure it will carry me through the next few years. Officially all Team Red! Been awhile since a Radeon Card. 3060 TI was almost a waste of time and money.

last time I had an AMD was with the HD5870 which was a powerful gpu, from the year it launched it 2009, it took til 2015 before it showed it's age. biggest mistake was getting the GTX 980 2 months before the GTX 1080 launched. I guess skipping one gen is safe now considering the performance difference except for Nvidia. I don't have a budget for the 7900XT atm so I'm going for either the 7700XT or 7800XT depending on what I need. I'm still gaming at 1080p.

Last AMD for me was a HD 4890. It was pretty good 2 months later exchanged it for a 1070 ti. To me 10 series was the last great cards from Nvidia imo.
I would still be using one if I waited 2 more months, the 1080Ti was amazing and could still hold it til this day, if not for ray tracing and dlss support. rasterized performance though is still amazing.

pc items just arrived later today and currently installed it. so far, the PCIe Nvme adapter 3.0 x16 does work. the 3rd party chinese Nvme also works. currently transferring some files on it before I format the SN770 drive on the PCIe card and use it as a main boot drive. the old WD 3D nand drive I have for 5 years will be formatted and to be used as a secondary back-up storage.

installed the 7900XT I have to admit this is pretty damn nice! This sucker is kinda chunky though but games running silky.
I'm worried about the clearance though since my case is a mid tower. So probably it won't fit. Hopefully the 7700xt or 7800xt would be around the 4070 size.

fighting a strong urge to pick-up a RX6950XT today. so difficult. Nvidia can kiss my bottom.

Back
Top Bottom