Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by 2o4

any places selling some cheap sata hd?
or are they all like doubled the price everywhere?

nope, everywhere i've checked is marked up
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i lol'd @ 320GB for $100
although Amazon has the Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB hybrid drives for $130.49 which is only $30 bucks more than regular retail price if you really need something quick.

Anyone have any experience with IPS displays, just ordered one to replace my TN Panel Display and I was wondering is the difference was that noticeable after switching?

Anyone have any experience with IPS displays, just ordered one to replace my TN Panel Display and I was wondering is the difference was that noticeable after switching?

Originally Posted by xsourdieselx

i just bought a logitech g400 today at bestbuy.
ive  i played dc uni, ava and tf2
dc plays alot better but still kinda iffy
and ava tf2 i still get my a$s handed to me
is it a give it some time thing or is it more than buying a mouse?
Here's some nice tips for TF2.

First buy a gaming mousepad. Steelseries, Razer, Ulti-Mat etc...

Second buy yourself some new mouseskates (Logitech G400 comes with some really bad ones) http://www.hyperglide.net/ or some other brand.

Now you have yourself a solid mouse setup. 3 steps = Mouse, Pad and Feet/Skates.

For TF2 just lower your sensitivity and use m_rawinput 1 (takes all of the data straight from your mouse and doesn't use Windows #$+$%* mouse configs) You can also locate it from the menu under Mouse --> "Use Raw Input"

Low sensitivity is better for aiming, I used to play scout with 50cm/360 (try out 10-20cm/360)

For the Logitech MX518 and G400, I don't recommend to Install the Logitech SetPoint w/e... The mouse will have more latency when using SetPoint.

Hope this helps... It's 4am so there must be a lot of typos so don't bother ppl... <3

(If some1 want's to learn more just add me @ Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/jackieboy/)

Originally Posted by xsourdieselx

i just bought a logitech g400 today at bestbuy.
ive  i played dc uni, ava and tf2
dc plays alot better but still kinda iffy
and ava tf2 i still get my a$s handed to me
is it a give it some time thing or is it more than buying a mouse?
Here's some nice tips for TF2.

First buy a gaming mousepad. Steelseries, Razer, Ulti-Mat etc...

Second buy yourself some new mouseskates (Logitech G400 comes with some really bad ones) http://www.hyperglide.net/ or some other brand.

Now you have yourself a solid mouse setup. 3 steps = Mouse, Pad and Feet/Skates.

For TF2 just lower your sensitivity and use m_rawinput 1 (takes all of the data straight from your mouse and doesn't use Windows #$+$%* mouse configs) You can also locate it from the menu under Mouse --> "Use Raw Input"

Low sensitivity is better for aiming, I used to play scout with 50cm/360 (try out 10-20cm/360)

For the Logitech MX518 and G400, I don't recommend to Install the Logitech SetPoint w/e... The mouse will have more latency when using SetPoint.

Hope this helps... It's 4am so there must be a lot of typos so don't bother ppl... <3

(If some1 want's to learn more just add me @ Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/jackieboy/)

how do you get a toolbar to go back to the bottom, my buddys is currently on the right side, any tips would help

how do you get a toolbar to go back to the bottom, my buddys is currently on the right side, any tips would help

Doesn't seem that much better than the 2k series sandybridge cpus, which are extremely good for the price. It's better off waiting for ivybridge

Doesn't seem that much better than the 2k series sandybridge cpus, which are extremely good for the price. It's better off waiting for ivybridge

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Seagate: HDD Production Won't Return to Normal For 1 Year[/h3]
Hard drive production may be back to pre-flood levels by the end of 2012, claims Seagate's CEO.

[img]http://media.bestofmicro.com/barracuda,E-I-283050-1.jpg[/img]

Wednesday Seagate Chief Executive Officer Stephen J. Luczo said that Wall Street analysts are talking nonsense when they say that hard drive production will be back to pre-flood levels by next summer. In fact, he's predicting a difficult road ahead for the industry given that many of Seagate's own 130 or so suppliers are still under three feet of water.

"This is going to take a lot longer than people are assuming, until the end of 2012 at least," he admitted. "And by then, demand will have gone up."

The flooding in Thailand is currently affecting an infrastructure that produces around 40-percent of the world's hard drives sold by Seagate, Western Digital and Toshiba, thus pushing average hard drive prices up by 20-percent. That said, industry production this quarter is expected to be 50 million drives shy of the 180 million target.

"It’s going to be very interesting to see who gets drives and who doesn’t," Luczo said, adding that customers are suddenly eager to stockpile some of Seagate's load of drives already manufactured even though they sport higher prices.

"Some have offered $250 million upfront," he told Bloomberg.

But there may be a positive side to the story... at least for hard drive manufacturers. Luczo indicated that the flood has seemingly made the industry a bit more appreciative of hard drive manufacturers. The floods have even given Luczo more leverage on prices, but he's willing to settle on a 20-percent hike for those who commit to one- to three-year contracts rather than raise prices 40-percent across the board.

"People are going to appreciate the complexity of this business," he said.

Link

oh joy
pimp.gif

frown.gif
tired.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Seagate: HDD Production Won't Return to Normal For 1 Year[/h3]
Hard drive production may be back to pre-flood levels by the end of 2012, claims Seagate's CEO.

[img]http://media.bestofmicro.com/barracuda,E-I-283050-1.jpg[/img]

Wednesday Seagate Chief Executive Officer Stephen J. Luczo said that Wall Street analysts are talking nonsense when they say that hard drive production will be back to pre-flood levels by next summer. In fact, he's predicting a difficult road ahead for the industry given that many of Seagate's own 130 or so suppliers are still under three feet of water.

"This is going to take a lot longer than people are assuming, until the end of 2012 at least," he admitted. "And by then, demand will have gone up."

The flooding in Thailand is currently affecting an infrastructure that produces around 40-percent of the world's hard drives sold by Seagate, Western Digital and Toshiba, thus pushing average hard drive prices up by 20-percent. That said, industry production this quarter is expected to be 50 million drives shy of the 180 million target.

"It’s going to be very interesting to see who gets drives and who doesn’t," Luczo said, adding that customers are suddenly eager to stockpile some of Seagate's load of drives already manufactured even though they sport higher prices.

"Some have offered $250 million upfront," he told Bloomberg.

But there may be a positive side to the story... at least for hard drive manufacturers. Luczo indicated that the flood has seemingly made the industry a bit more appreciative of hard drive manufacturers. The floods have even given Luczo more leverage on prices, but he's willing to settle on a 20-percent hike for those who commit to one- to three-year contracts rather than raise prices 40-percent across the board.

"People are going to appreciate the complexity of this business," he said.

Link

oh joy
pimp.gif

frown.gif
tired.gif

Anyone looking for Windows 7 Ultimate? I've got a couple legit copies of it that i'm trying to sell but before i ebay them i thought i'd try here first. Comes with both 32 and 64 bit versions with one product key. PM me if interested.

Anyone looking for Windows 7 Ultimate? I've got a couple legit copies of it that i'm trying to sell but before i ebay them i thought i'd try here first. Comes with both 32 and 64 bit versions with one product key. PM me if interested.

.......still working on building my own desk for my studio setup, I'd like two monitors and plan on buying a stand to hold em both and not take up desk space
51TyOKmUVzL.jpg

So difficult in finding a drawer (with door) that can hide my NZXT Phantom PC Tower (specs: 24.53" x 8.74" x 21.26") smh

.......still working on building my own desk for my studio setup, I'd like two monitors and plan on buying a stand to hold em both and not take up desk space
51TyOKmUVzL.jpg

So difficult in finding a drawer (with door) that can hide my NZXT Phantom PC Tower (specs: 24.53" x 8.74" x 21.26") smh

aren't you afraid you're PC will get too hot hidden? especially when you start using it for audio?

aren't you afraid you're PC will get too hot hidden? especially when you start using it for audio?

wow @ hard drive prices now.......##!+@#% ridiculous 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
im mad as hell

i was going to get a couple 1TB samsung spinpoints too when they were $60 but didnt have the money to waste. in theory i wouldve been better off "wasting" money on them
tired.gif
looks like im gonna have to make do with 1TB for a long time, theres no way im paying those prices. no FLAC and 1080p vids
frown.gif

what about SSDs? will they spike in price too? i need an SSD anyways but was waiting for faster/cheaper drives. i want a PCI-E SSD but theyre $$$$$

wow @ hard drive prices now.......##!+@#% ridiculous 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
im mad as hell

i was going to get a couple 1TB samsung spinpoints too when they were $60 but didnt have the money to waste. in theory i wouldve been better off "wasting" money on them
tired.gif
looks like im gonna have to make do with 1TB for a long time, theres no way im paying those prices. no FLAC and 1080p vids
frown.gif

what about SSDs? will they spike in price too? i need an SSD anyways but was waiting for faster/cheaper drives. i want a PCI-E SSD but theyre $$$$$

haven't seen them spike in prices yet. but there too expensive for me to be paying a lot of attention to anyway 
ohwell.gif

Staples has a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 3TB External Hard Drive for $110 which is cheap compared to what else is available:

Link

$85 if you use a $25 off $100 coupon that you can find online.

haven't seen them spike in prices yet. but there too expensive for me to be paying a lot of attention to anyway 
ohwell.gif

Staples has a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 3TB External Hard Drive for $110 which is cheap compared to what else is available:

Link

$85 if you use a $25 off $100 coupon that you can find online.

Back
Top Bottom