Official PC thread.

^Nice! still on the hunt for a 480 since i have a freesync monitor, but 1060s have been popping back in stock. im tempted.

My build is finally up and running. Just waiting on a few parts to have it fully complete. A little overkill on some stuff like the RAM, or the GPU, but I built this all for a fairly good price.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Case: EVGA Hadron Mini ITX Tower Case w/500W Power Supply
SSD: Crucial MX100 512 x2 (I already had these)
CPU Fan: Cryorig C1 (on the way)
GPU: XFX 8GB RX480 (finally scored one arriving next week)

Really happy with it. It is TINY. It does the gaming I need, but most importantly, gets my work done. Mainly CAD work and database work.

:smokin

love the hadron and really love how it looks with the Cryorig C1.

that's originally the cooler I wanted but for some reason Amazon wouldn't ship it to Hawaii.

:smokin

love the hadron and really love how it looks with the Cryorig C1.

that's originally the cooler I wanted but for some reason Amazon wouldn't ship it to Hawaii.

Really? That's a bummer. And to correct myself I got the C7, since I wont be overclocking.

But yea loving this case so far, thanks for all the tips. So far it's super quiet. I know a lot of people complain about the PSU fan. I will find out more once I get my GPU since it'll drawing much more power.

How did changing the case fans do? These are quiet, but then again they haven't had to work too hard.

case fans are about the same, feels like it's moving a lot more air.

was playing american truck simulator last night and my gpu and psu fans were screaming tho.

case fans are about the same, feels like it's moving a lot more air.

was playing american truck simulator last night and my gpu and psu fans were screaming tho.

They were screaming "why are you playing this"

my current desk/set up

My build is finally up and running. Just waiting on a few parts to have it fully complete. A little overkill on some stuff like the RAM, or the GPU, but I built this all for a fairly good price.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Case: EVGA Hadron Mini ITX Tower Case w/500W Power Supply
SSD: Crucial MX100 512 x2 (I already had these)
CPU Fan: Cryorig C1 (on the way)
GPU: XFX 8GB RX480 (finally scored one arriving next week)

Really happy with it. It is TINY. It does the gaming I need, but most importantly, gets my work done. Mainly CAD work and database work.

Let me know how you like that CPU.

I have a 2500k but want a new MOBO. Unfortunately they're hard as hell to find so just thinking about getting a new CPU.

^ Dam thats awesome. Just installed my RX480. Going to buy a DP cable so I can enable freesync on my monitor.

Any games I should try? I am def copping DOOM. Also how do you guys get the stats on the top right to show how your rig is performing?

^ Dam thats awesome. Just installed my RX480. Going to buy a DP cable so I can enable freesync on my monitor.

Any games I should try? I am def copping DOOM. Also how do you guys get the stats on the top right to show how your rig is performing?
Doom has it's own benchmarking tool.

I use FRAPS to monitor the fps.

http://www.fraps.com/

Steam has it's own fps counter, but I've not used it personally.

(settings>in-game>in-game fps counter)

I also use speccy for basic info.

https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Games:

Must-Buys:

witcher 3

mad max

dark souls 3

dying light

dragon age inquisiton

battlefield 4

fallout 4

gta 5

5/5s:

resident evil 5-6

batman arkham city-knight

shadow of mordor

dead island remasters

crysis 2-3

just cause 3(this game gave me a LOT of problems, until I installed 16gb of ram, it didn't work well with 8gb of ram for me)

far cry 3-4-blood dragon

Doom has it's own benchmarking tool.
I use FRAPS to monitor the fps.
http://www.fraps.com/

Steam has it's own fps counter, but I've not used it personally.
(settings>in-game>in-game fps counter)

I also use speccy for basic info.
https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Games:

Must-Buys:
witcher 3
mad max
dark souls 3
dying light
dragon age inquisiton
battlefield 4
fallout 4
gta 5

5/5s:
resident evil 5-6
batman arkham city-knight
shadow of mordor
dead island remasters
crysis 2-3
just cause 3(this game gave me a LOT of problems, until I installed 16gb of ram, it didn't work well with 8gb of ram for me)
far cry 3-4-blood dragon

Thanks for the quick breakdown!

Anyways here are pics of my build. Nothing spectacular, not really a case with great cable management. I broke the plastic tab on my mobo for the PCIE :smh: but that piece seems to be useless anyway. Could not get that USB 3.0 front panel cable to go anywhere else lol. Otherwise love the setup, its a tiny powerhouse. My first build in like 4-5 years, since my last computer lasted that long. Still alive, just wanted to upgrade.

Everything works as it should. I think its the case airflow, but the RX480 idle temps have been in the mid to high 30s. Not too worried.

I haven't. I played Riptide once and it was enough to keep me away forever
Dead island 1 on 360 was trash. The dead island remaster uses the dying light engine, so it's like eating somwthing you don't like by a really good chef.

Thanks for the quick breakdown!

Anyways here are pics of my build. Nothing spectacular, not really a case with great cable management. I broke the plastic tab on my mobo for the PCIE
mean.gif
but that piece seems to be useless anyway. Could not get that USB 3.0 front panel cable to go anywhere else lol. Otherwise love the setup, its a tiny powerhouse. My first build in like 4-5 years, since my last computer lasted that long. Still alive, just wanted to upgrade.

Everything works as it should. I think its the case airflow, but the RX480 idle temps have been in the mid to high 30s. Not too worried.
the usb 3.0 cable is the worst 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Sup guise

Headed back to school in the Spring and instead of buying a MacBook Pro -_- I am going to build a PC. I am a huge gamer and want to use the PC for school (grad school :pimp:) and gaming. I just wanna play single player games on PC (besides league) cause I will not abandon my PS4 :pimp:.

How much money is enough? I am planning on 1k-1200

Sup guise

Headed back to school in the Spring and instead of buying a MacBook Pro -_- I am going to build a PC. I am a huge gamer and want to use the PC for school (grad school
pimp.gif
) and gaming. I just wanna play single player games on PC (besides league) cause I will not abandon my PS4
pimp.gif

How much money is enough? I am planning on 1k-1200
I was able to assemble a pc for under 1200. 

This is a great tool to see what price is worth paying for each component.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

But it totally depends on your needs/budget. 

I opted for 1440p gaming, but there are some drawbacks. My monitor doesn't have freesync.

If you don't care for 1440p, you could spend maybe 800-1000 for the best 1080p experience. 

For a bit more you could get an amd gpu that's capable of 4k like the r9 fury, which I've seen on sale for $300.

Back
Top Bottom