=Official PES 2011 Thread | PC DEMO LINK INSIDE | US RELEASE PS3/XBOX/PC 10/19=

So the US version of the game comes out November 1st.

I have has the EU PC version for about a week now and I can say this game is by far the best PES to date. 08 was trash, 09 was a trash but better, and 10 was bad but showed flashes. Konami finally got it right with PES 2010.

Carlos Tevez, I don't know how you can say the formations menu is trash, it's miles ahead of the FIFA system which only lets you pick certain formations and set pieces, while PES' lets you put players anywhere you want and just about any position the player can play. There is a team style menu to make your team play with a high backline that pressures like Barca or be as defensive as Bolton. There's a gameplan menu that lets your team play different tactics at different times and situations (i.e. Leading, Level, Trailing) during the game.

The gameplay itself is better than PES 10 as the AI not only defends well they also attack very well and will build up play. Passing is very well implemented now and they added, better manual passing button placing. I tried getting into FIFA but I feel like the players are wearing cement shoes, the AI doesn't give you any time on the ball and the game flow just feels different. Maybe it's because I've been playing PES for a long time but unlike FIFA, a few well made dribbles and turns can beat a defender without having to use tricks, the goal variety is very fresh and the players move more fluently across the pitch.

If anyone here is a PC gamer and has a gamepad I suggest trying out the game for a few hours.

I feel like PES is to FIFA as NFL 2K is to Madden in terms of gameplay.

So the US version of the game comes out November 1st.

I have has the EU PC version for about a week now and I can say this game is by far the best PES to date. 08 was trash, 09 was a trash but better, and 10 was bad but showed flashes. Konami finally got it right with PES 2010.

Carlos Tevez, I don't know how you can say the formations menu is trash, it's miles ahead of the FIFA system which only lets you pick certain formations and set pieces, while PES' lets you put players anywhere you want and just about any position the player can play. There is a team style menu to make your team play with a high backline that pressures like Barca or be as defensive as Bolton. There's a gameplan menu that lets your team play different tactics at different times and situations (i.e. Leading, Level, Trailing) during the game.

The gameplay itself is better than PES 10 as the AI not only defends well they also attack very well and will build up play. Passing is very well implemented now and they added, better manual passing button placing. I tried getting into FIFA but I feel like the players are wearing cement shoes, the AI doesn't give you any time on the ball and the game flow just feels different. Maybe it's because I've been playing PES for a long time but unlike FIFA, a few well made dribbles and turns can beat a defender without having to use tricks, the goal variety is very fresh and the players move more fluently across the pitch.

If anyone here is a PC gamer and has a gamepad I suggest trying out the game for a few hours.

I feel like PES is to FIFA as NFL 2K is to Madden in terms of gameplay.

Been playing the demo on 360 for the past few weeks (had to make a euro account), will cop. Still a bit stiff/robotic and the backline AI is iffy, but it's a hell of an upgrade since 2010 was trash. The penalty system is... weird. Definitely not the perfect game, but it's fun and plays like footy. The dribbling, turns, and passing are great this year. Looking forward to ML and BAL.
pimp.gif

Been playing the demo on 360 for the past few weeks (had to make a euro account), will cop. Still a bit stiff/robotic and the backline AI is iffy, but it's a hell of an upgrade since 2010 was trash. The penalty system is... weird. Definitely not the perfect game, but it's fun and plays like footy. The dribbling, turns, and passing are great this year. Looking forward to ML and BAL.
pimp.gif

Eb Games has it slated for October 19 shipping date?

I hope that's the case i am going to pre order it next week.

But after having played the demo about 8 or 9 times I really enjoy it here are my only gripes so far:

The penalty kick system. I hope its fixed in the real game. Iv gotten 4 penalties so far. Made 1. Hit two down the middle at the goalie and one over the bar.

The Trick System. I think i just haven't got the hang of it yet. But i have yet to be able to do a step over or anything and get around a defender.

Holding some one off the ball. More then likely when i am dribbling next to a player i will get boddied off the ball even when its Zlaten vs Ribery. Maybe its just me.

But other then that i have no real problems. Shooting is difficult for me so far but i like it that way. Now when i score a goal i really get the sense that everything went right. The first goal i scored on a perfect through ball from messi to Ibra and one timed it on the ground past the on coming keeper, i jumped off my couch and started running around my family room screaming at my dog as if he was Bastian Schweinsteiger. I love the game and can't wait for it to release.

Eb Games has it slated for October 19 shipping date?

I hope that's the case i am going to pre order it next week.

But after having played the demo about 8 or 9 times I really enjoy it here are my only gripes so far:

The penalty kick system. I hope its fixed in the real game. Iv gotten 4 penalties so far. Made 1. Hit two down the middle at the goalie and one over the bar.

The Trick System. I think i just haven't got the hang of it yet. But i have yet to be able to do a step over or anything and get around a defender.

Holding some one off the ball. More then likely when i am dribbling next to a player i will get boddied off the ball even when its Zlaten vs Ribery. Maybe its just me.

But other then that i have no real problems. Shooting is difficult for me so far but i like it that way. Now when i score a goal i really get the sense that everything went right. The first goal i scored on a perfect through ball from messi to Ibra and one timed it on the ground past the on coming keeper, i jumped off my couch and started running around my family room screaming at my dog as if he was Bastian Schweinsteiger. I love the game and can't wait for it to release.

Penalties are hard as hell in this game, mainly because of the cam view but because it's timing based as well. Here's tutorials for Penalties and Fients.

Penalties are hard as hell in this game, mainly because of the cam view but because it's timing based as well. Here's tutorials for Penalties and Fients.

I really hate to say this about a game that has been so close to my heart for nearly a decade but PES 2011 is a disgrace. It is broken and so is my belief in the team that gave us classic game after classic game for a long time. I'm not saying people should get FIFA, but definitely don't pay for this.

I really hate to say this about a game that has been so close to my heart for nearly a decade but PES 2011 is a disgrace. It is broken and so is my belief in the team that gave us classic game after classic game for a long time. I'm not saying people should get FIFA, but definitely don't pay for this.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

I don't know what game you're playing because PES 2011 is the best current-gen version of the game, makes 08-10 look like amateur releases. This game has a learning curve to it again, the passing and the shooting take a while to get accustomed to. Like every game it has it's flaws but the positives surely outweigh it. PES isn't a pick-up-and-play game like FIFA, it takes a while.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

I don't know what game you're playing because PES 2011 is the best current-gen version of the game, makes 08-10 look like amateur releases. This game has a learning curve to it again, the passing and the shooting take a while to get accustomed to. Like every game it has it's flaws but the positives surely outweigh it. PES isn't a pick-up-and-play game like FIFA, it takes a while.

My problem with PES is the lack of licenses. I used to look past this back on PS2 because it was the vastly superior game, but now its just not. I understand those who prefer the gameplay because it is different, but to me its no better than FIFA, just different.

My problem with PES is the lack of licenses. I used to look past this back on PS2 because it was the vastly superior game, but now its just not. I understand those who prefer the gameplay because it is different, but to me its no better than FIFA, just different.

Back
Top Bottom