Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Backtotheknown- i like the second pic, nice angle/crop
Offline LoveForTheAir23- love the tone arm, i would of put a black vinyl or black slipmat tho, none the less, well done

Decided to re-create a Flickr account and upgrade it to pro (check sig). Here are some recent shots (I know I said I hate posting pics of my friends on herebut meh...what the hell).

3326099337_0fbb00f8d6_o.jpg

3326098171_7ebb825c22_o.jpg

3326932406_6d2696c8e5_o.jpg

3326932114_90f7e314c8_o.jpg

3326874701_70d6250ecc_o.jpg

3327713952_55c9092b8f_o.jpg

3327446732_b92660e5d2_o.jpg

3326609711_a14369a2f4_o.jpg

Originally Posted by Derrtay

I'm not exactly an expert on anything..and I just picked up a D60 a month ago and I took it to take some pics at this ice skating social

but how do i capture clear shots at like fast moving objects?

n1031160031_30122613_1451983.jpg

i tried focusing on my friend but she didn't come out as clear...

any help?

sorry if I don't make any sense..
What you need to do is called panning. You basically follow the subject with the camera at the same speed so that they're in focus, buteverything in the background is blurred/in motion. That's what homie with the car pics was doing, that's why his are spectacular and yours could becleaner. I haven't personally tried it, but apparently it's not terribly easy. Hope that helps!

A couple days ago I posted about buying a D90 used for $850. Well, I didn't do it BUT I did get the D90, new off BHphoto. Figure I was spending so muchmoney might as well go all out and the safe route, so I cop'd it new. NOW my questions... two of them:

Lens - 50mm 1.8 OR 35mm for the D90?

Also, my cam should arrive today but before I open it any news from PMA (specifically from Nikon, regarding a rumor new entry level dslr to replace theD40/60). As of now the blogs I usually read haven't reported anything major besides somethings expected (like a list of P&S) and the new PanasonicDMC-GH1. Let me know...

Ohh, the ice skating, definitely try panning, I don't find it to hard, place the camera on burst mode and follow your subject before they get to youthrough the view finder and all the way until they are out of view... if that makes any sense. I found videos on youtube, try keywords: photography panning

^I've seen ya pics often and even checked out the Flickr, I enjoy it. Question, when taking pictures of strangers do yo be sooooo far away they don'teven see you, do you ask for permission, perhaps shooting from waist level or in a discreet fashion, or you just dont give a sugar... how do you make it work.

One thing I haven't been able to build is being bold and just shooting at a stranger in his/her face! LOL You ever get the "hey did you just take apicture of me?" (perhaps followed by a seen).

Good stuff!

In case it was missed (last post on previous page), 35mm or 50mm on a D90? Nothing major drop from Nikon at PMA I guess?

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

A couple days ago I posted about buying a D90 used for $850. Well, I didn't do it BUT I did get the D90, new off BHphoto. Figure I was spending so much money might as well go all out and the safe route, so I cop'd it new. NOW my questions... two of them:

Lens - 50mm 1.8 OR 35mm for the D90?

Also, my cam should arrive today but before I open it any news from PMA (specifically from Nikon, regarding a rumor new entry level dslr to replace the D40/60). As of now the blogs I usually read haven't reported anything major besides somethings expected (like a list of P&S) and the new Panasonic DMC-GH1. Let me know...

Ohh, the ice skating, definitely try panning, I don't find it to hard, place the camera on burst mode and follow your subject before they get to you through the view finder and all the way until they are out of view... if that makes any sense. I found videos on youtube, try keywords: photography panning

I don't know the details on the D90, but if it's a cropped body, I would get the 35mm as it should really have the effect of a 50mm lens (52mm,actually). 50mm comes out to roughly 65mm or something like that on a cropped sensor camera. It's ultimately up to you.

35mm f/2 with a D90: http://www.pixel-peeper.c...p;exp_max=none&res=3

50mm f/1.8 with a D90: http://www.pixel-peeper.c...p;exp_max=none&res=3

MAFA 09 - Midwest Association of Filipino Americans...an event where Filipino student organizations from midwest universities attend workshops, network andthen party after. The dance one is from Battle of the Bamboo...a dance competition between the same organizations. It's usually a separate event butbecause the school that hosts the competition coincidentally was this year's host for MAFA they combined the two in one weekend.

A friend of mine said he would five me his d50 kit for my d40 kit plus $100. Good deal?

Also he has a d70 kit for my d40 kit plus 200.

Which is the better deal?

Originally Posted by PONRinthisWGM

A friend of mine said he would five me his d50 kit for my d40 kit plus $100. Good deal?

Also he has a d70 kit for my d40 kit plus 200.

Which is the better deal?
d50 kit for d40 kit straight up.

d40 d50 d60 I think is all the same crap .. I can be wrong

Rap - Whats good man .. no answer .. does this mean NO or LEAVE ME THE F ALONE? lol

D50/ D70 > D40.

D50/D70 has a flash sync speed up to 1/500
Both D50 and D70 has auto focus for older lens.

Get the D50 or D70 plus the cash and get some accessories.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Legal piece? You don't have the end result?
Fong, it was a benefit for a local writer and the walls were provided by "Undisputed" Training Center. You can see the finish pieces ifyou search for WSTECH's photostream on flickr. No need for me to repost the images. He did a good job taking pictures of the final pieces.

Back
Top Bottom