Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

canont1i.jpg

nerd.gif

Tomorrow shall be the day I decide on a new DSLR. Be it Nikon or Canon...

oh man - 500D with flip live view? the gimmick .. With my 5D I dont even look at the lcd .. the viewfinder is godly ....

to think the camera is how many years old and it still produces better picture than newer camera is crazy ....

P.S. Still bored .. open photoshop again and kept on with my extreme makeover .. he he he

3383245301_ee93eb8b8c.jpg

a combo of the two above ..

^ And it costs like... double as much. eek! Your 5D doesn't shoot video either. I don't think the Articulating LCD is for taking photos... who usesLiveview to shoot still anyway?

yeah dude .. it does cost double and there's a reason why .... its superior

I bought into the ohh its old oh it cost so much oh this is newer, better features, awesome lcd, etc etc etc and bought a 50D and after I put the 5D on myhands the 5D hasnt seen daylight ...

Video? Well, I'm not into shooting right now so I dont think I will be doing that anytime soon ....

So yeah, I will reserve my comments for when that camera comes out but if they just added a few extras ... I would rather buy a used discontinue outdated 5Dfor about 1100 rather than spending 700-900 for something with more gimmicks

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Nikon D200, does anybody on here use one?
as far as i know for the regulars who post in here.. no

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Is CMOS really that much better than APS-c ????

i NEED a truthful answer on this. Im looking at an a700 sony to replace my already sold a300. I sold the a300 with a flash + 28mm prime lens for 700, and a camera I found
nerd.gif
for another 135 to use for this purchase.

I could just buy another a300 for like 385 on ebay then a flash for 200 with my discount and have this money left over..but I wanna know if CMOS is worth it for real ? The a700 also has DOF preview and 5fps, plus is weathersealed
buy a Nikon instead
happy.gif
.. better choices of lenses
You sure ? Keep in mind quality >> quantity, and Minolta's classic G/AF macro lenses are cheap and offer exceptional IQ. I don'tcare about IS since I use a flash in lowlight usually.

Plus I'm too cheap to RE-buy a crew of lenses
laugh.gif
mad.gif

^ thats a good deal considering it comes with two great lenses... but you can get brand new kit (minus the 55-200vr from that auction) for $410... not thatmuch more than the final bid on that auction

If the Rebel T1i is around the same Price as the D90... It's Gonna be hard to chose.

I can't believe I am saying this.......NIKON!!! Haha!

I've used live view a hand full of times, especially when just shooting like paparazzi shots when raising my camera in the sky. But I am not sure if it islike this with Canon's but there is a little delay in the shooting in live view that makes it very annoying to use.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

^ And it costs like... double as much. eek! Your 5D doesn't shoot video either. I don't think the Articulating LCD is for taking photos... who uses Liveview to shoot still anyway?

I don't know man, but Liveview, especially with an articulating lcd, sure comes in handy for low-to-the-ground shots and over-peoples-heads-in a crowd typeof shots.But for general purpose shooting, you're right. OVF ftw.

Holy! That Rebel looks dope and 1080! This is going to be so standard in the near future. If this came out at the same time as the D90, I think I would havestill stuck with the D90 only cause of the fisheye lens.....but that Rebel looks dope.

i NEED a truthful answer on this. Im looking at an a700 sony to replace my already sold a300. I sold the a300 with a flash + 28mm prime lens for 700, and a camera I found
nerd.gif

I could just buy another a300 for like 385 on ebay then a flash for 200 with my discount and have this money left over..but I wanna know if CMOS is worth it for real ? The a700 also has DOF preview and 5fps, plus is weathersealed
Wait for the update to the A700, A800 maybe, that's probably coming later this year. Lots of rumors floating around the sony alpha forums. Youmight be able to get even better deals on the A700 at that time.

I have an A300 right now and will probably keep it until I get done with grad school in 2011. Then it's on to full-frame. I might switch to Nikon/Canon,but who knows what Sony will have come up with by 2011.

Here's the T1i with a new Speed light. This flash is going to be great for the G10.

bk_40_eur.jpg

Rebel T1i:

Features at a glance:

* 15.1 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
* Full HD movie recording with HDMI connection for viewing and playback on an HDTV
* ISO 100-3200 (expandable to 12800)
* 3.4 frames per second continuous shooting
* Max. 170 large JPEG images in a single burst
* 3.0" ClearView LCD with Live View mode
* 9-point wide area AF with cross type centre point
* High speed DIGIC 4 performance and superb image quality
* EOS Integrated Cleaning System
* Full compatibility with Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites, including new Speedlite 270EX, TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II

D90 got its competition. Now all we do is wait for reviews.

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Extreme Makeover LOL

shadows
ohwell.gif

nose area, and on the flag.

strobe was placed to the right and low?

u said u have a reflector so try using strobe high right and put the reflector low left

Please HELP!!! i just got my tax return and I'm finally upgrading from the XTI kit lens. What would be the best walk around lens for the money? I wasthinking the 17-85mm IS or the 28-135mm IS, but I noticed that the 17-85 goes for a little bit more money but I don't know why? thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by pullupj8

nerd.gif

Wait for the update to the A700, A800 maybe, that's probably coming later this year. Lots of rumors floating around the sony alpha forums. You might be able to get even better deals on the A700 at that time.

I have an A300 right now and will probably keep it until I get done with grad school in 2011. Then it's on to full-frame. I might switch to Nikon/Canon, but who knows what Sony will have come up with by 2011.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Im figuring that.. I swear to GOD if Sony messes up and stops their alpha line Ima run somebody over
sick.gif
They need to hurry up for real though. If a800 comes out and it has video modeI'll pray we have a corp. discount at work, thats how i got 35% off on my a300. $390 new
pimp.gif
. Any idea about pricing?

Speaking of a700 I coulda bought one with a Vertical grip for like 875 on ebay
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I got a BUNCH of maxxum lenses for sale bruh..

3 50mm f1.7s and 2 70-210mm beercans...Buyin in bulk off ebay and reselling so hit me up.

hai gaiz.

its been a while since I last posted here Im about 40 damn pages behind. lol

Santi...thanks for posting that info on the Rebel T1...looks tempting but I already have a couple of lenses for the Nikon. Oh well D90 here I come. I should bepicking mine up the first week of April.

Back
Top Bottom