Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Could have bought the T1i kit for $816 US, but I'm an idiot.

where?
nerd.gif
Customer appreciation sale at FutureShop Canada.
damn, good deal

I'm looking for a point and shoot with a wide angle lens. I'm trying not to spend over $300 but are the Canon G10 and the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3K somuch better than the rest? Any suggestions or resources that I should check out? What's the best photography website? Thanks.

Originally Posted by norcalballgirl23

nice stuff everyone. dont think ive shared these yet...

3460997242_cb92657930.jpg

i really like this pic. houses built that way intrigue me in general.

edit:
happy.gif
i just got the email from adorama. expected delivery date of 5/4

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

i really like this pic. houses built that way intrigue me in general.

edit:
happy.gif
i just got the email from adorama. expected delivery date of 5/4
I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU haha

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

3460997242_cb92657930.jpg
Judging from the second shot (In SF), I'm assuming these houses are in the Sunset district (or around there)?

And if I'm way off...errr, nice shots nonetheless.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

I'm looking for a point and shoot with a wide angle lens. I'm trying not to spend over $300 but are the Canon G10 and the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3K so much better than the rest? Any suggestions or resources that I should check out? What's the best photography website? Thanks.
Ricoh GX200, Canon G10, Panasonic Lumix LX3... these are the cameras at the top of the niche wide-angle point and shoot market.

Anyone know anything about the tamron 18-200?

Also I am trying to sell my D40. Comes with the stock 18-55 lens, a nikkor 55-200 vr lens, bower fisheye extension lens, small tripod, big tripod, 2 lenshoods, 2 sets of filters (PL,FD,UV), hand strap, charger, nikon neck strap, a few lens adapters (various sizes), and ill even throw in a few more goodies. $600OBO.

I want to upgrade to a Dslr with HD video, is it worth it?

yo BayEST, you tryin to hook it up with a Zion I autographed cd? hahaah jk. i love your stuff bro. how do you get to scan the film like that? the film scanner?

Some of you guys that are looking for some deals and or are breaking into the DSLR world, you all might want to hit Ritz/Wolfs Camera .. I keep reading threadabout people getting D60 for $325 XSi for under $500 etc etc etc ...

I also heard a few people say they found the Nikon and Canon 70-200 2.8 for $1100

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Some of you guys that are looking for some deals and or are breaking into the DSLR world, you all might want to hit Ritz/Wolfs Camera .. I keep reading thread about people getting D60 for $325 XSi for under $500 etc etc etc ...

I also heard a few people say they found the Nikon and Canon 70-200 2.8 for $1100

I go to Wolfs and Ritz all the time and they don't have no kind of sale. Is this online or in store? I would even buy a 50mm Nikkor if the price is rightsince the 35mm is so hard to get.

ritz doesn't carry primes in store.

HORRAAAYYYYYYY!!! my local shop here has the 35mm!!!!!!! but $225 + tax instead of $208 shipped from b&h or adorama. haha i think i just might do it.

Can anyone recommend me a lens that I can use for indoor parties and also a lens for all-around use as well, please and thank you

I'm using a Canon XSi

Originally Posted by mjbetch

HORRAAAYYYYYYY!!! my local shop here has the 35mm!!!!!!! but $225 + tax instead of $208 shipped from b&h or adorama. haha i think i just might do it.

I bought my Canon Nifty-FIfty at the Ritz in my area. We actually it's a Ritz mega store in SF though.....so maybe that is why they had it.

^wordd.

yeah i called about 5 ritz in my area and visited 3, they all said they didnt carry primes (at least nikon anyway)

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by mjbetch

I bought my Canon Nifty-FIfty at the Ritz in my area. We actually it's a Ritz mega store in SF though.....so maybe that is why they had it.
Fong maybe the Ritz you are going to aint closing ... I'm not sure how they are handling the liquidation, but the I didnt mentioned any primesjust bodies and zoom lenses .....

I have read a few on the web .. I havent gone to any ritz because I dont need anything right now .. hell not for a while ...

solemunchies wrote:

Can anyone recommend me a lens that I can use for indoor parties and also a lens for all-around use as well, please and thank you

I'm using a Canon XSi

I suggest you get a Kit lens with a flash .. even 1.2 prime and high ISO will not be enough .. some people do it butthat's not my taste and more often than not a flash is needed ... so if you want to continue with the kit lens which is 18-55 IS and spend a few bucks fora flash - I think you will be find .. Hell everytime I shoot indoors at parties have been with 10-22 and a flash ... everything else is just to long to capturethe mood of the clubs .. just a bunch of head shoots if that .. expecially on a crop!

yesterday I went out to test some shoots and wide open most shoots where off when at a distance - up close or stomp down it was hardly noticeble .. backfocusing issue that is ...

I will start posting pictures anyways .. a least the ones that came out ok ..

here's ODB - if you know who that is ... lol

3485882397_9e923e7ab1_o.jpg

P.S. ISO1600

solemunchies wrote:

I'm using a Canon XSi

I suggest you get a Kit lens with a flash .. even 1.2 prime and high ISO will not be enough .. some people do it but that's not my tasteand more often than not a flash is needed ... so if you want to continue with the kit lens which is 18-55 IS and spend a few bucks for a flash - I think youwill be find .. Hell everytime I shoot indoors at parties have been with 10-22 and a flash ... everything else is just to long to capture the mood of the clubs.. just a bunch of head shoots if that .. expecially on a crop!

Alright cool thanks, I actually just got a 430EXII. Do you think a diffuser would be necessary? I've been shooting with an OLD 28-70...it's decent, Iguess.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom