Originally Posted by 165kicks

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Top notch is

D3 or D1s

Medium format

H3D 50 or DL33
You can't go wrong with any of these..
wink.gif

ok uh..maybe i should have been more specific. im not trying to spend more than 1000 bucks...which camera gives me the best bang for my buck. i have a canon powershot sx10is right now and i just really want a better camera. im using it for all sorts of shots, and i also want fisheye, wideangle lens and all that other jazz....just a great allaround camera. thanks for all the feedback so far though..
You want all that for under $1k?

Originally Posted by KingZarus1

Top notch is

D3 or D1s

Medium format

H3D 50 or DL33
wink.gif

ok uh..maybe i should have been more specific. im not trying to spend more than 1000 bucks...which camera gives me the best bang for my buck. i have a canon powershot sx10is right now and i just really want a better camera. im using it for all sorts of shots, and i also want fisheye, wideangle lens and all that other jazz....just a great allaround camera. thanks for all the feedback so far though..

DSLR arent like point and shoot cameras ... The Body and Lens are two different entities ..

I suggest you buy yourself a beginners camera like a XSi w/ Kit lens since they went down in price because of the new T1i and you might be able to find a usedfish eye and that will roughly be around 1K .....

P.S. you will see a big difference between your current setup and the setup I mentioned .. you be thinking you a pro ..
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by KingZarus1

Top notch is

D3 or D1s

Medium format

H3D 50 or DL33
wink.gif

DSLR arent like point and shoot cameras ... The Body and Lens are two different entities ..

I suggest you buy yourself a beginners camera like a XSi w/ Kit lens since they went down in price because of the new T1i and you might be able to find a used fish eye and that will roughly be around 1K .....

P.S. you will see a big difference between your current setup and the setup I mentioned .. you be thinking you a pro ..
tongue.gif

I've been looking at the nikon d40 and the canon rebel xsi...are these ok? and which lenses are good for them to start with? ebay has them and they comewith some lenses as well. Thanks for all the support...

^^ No offense but I already answered your question before you asked .. please read .. but .....

Yes and kit lens to start with .. You are trying to spend 1K or less so there you have it .. if not buy a Canon XSi with a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 still will comeunder 1K if not stay with the kit lens and buy a fisheye like you want to ...

There you go ..

^^ No offense but I already answered your question before you asked .. please read .. but .....

Yes and kit lens to start with .. You are trying to spend 1K or less so there you have it .. if not buy a Canon XSi with a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 still will come under 1K if not stay with the kit lens and buy a fisheye like you want to ...

There you go ..

damn i looked right over that. thanks for the input. i might just do that... but are there any other camera's in that price range that are better or isthat camera like the best for my price range?

yes but you will have to spend more for lenses ... as the cameras alone will be 1k ....

for your budget and to get what you want which is a body and a couple of lenses .. Im pretty confident that everyone will agree with my above statement unlessthey are Canon head in which they'll probably recommend a anywhere from a D40-D90 with one or two lenses ...

XSi w/Kit and Fisheye 1K or there about
T1i w/Kit 1K or there about
D5000 w/Kit 1K or there about (Im not sure though)
D90 w/Kit under 1K but more money for Fisheye
50D New Body no lens 1k (Newest Body)
5D used if lucky 1K no lens (Few Years OLD but still by far better than all the ones I mentioned at least IMO)

Since Im not a Nikon head Ill end it there ...

P.S. I still can add to the list but Imma stop because that would be the only ones I would by myself

yes but you will have to spend more for lenses ... as the cameras alone will be 1k ....

for your budget and to get what you want which is a body and a couple of lenses .. Im pretty confident that everyone will agree with my above statement unless they are Canon head in which they'll probably recommend a anywhere from a D40-D90 with one or two lenses ...

5D used if lucky 1K no lens (Few Years OLD but still by far better than all the ones I mentioned at least IMO)

P.S. I still can add to the list but Imma stop because that would be the only ones I would by myself
I think if you want to go Nikon you should do the D50 with the fisheye and kit lens. Yes, the D50 has 6.1mp compared to the 10.1mp of the D40X,but you'll be able to use more lenses and you really don't need 10.1mp unless you're printing full sized high quality posters.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

for your budget and to get what you want which is a body and a couple of lenses .. Im pretty confident that everyone will agree with my above statement unless they are Canon head in which they'll probably recommend a anywhere from a D40-D90 with one or two lenses ...

I think if you want to go Nikon you should do the D50 with the fisheye and kit lens. Yes, the D50 has 6.1mp compared to the 10.1mp of the D40X, but you'll be able to use more lenses and you really don't need 10.1mp unless you're printing full sized high quality posters.
i have the D50 and the 10.5mm fisheye (not the kit with extension) and it's a sick combo. and you can get both for about 1K. also, i believethe D50 is the most under rated nikon out there....

Yo Santi?.......with Flickr, did you have to pay anything to utilize the player to play in full HD? I use Vimeo and yo embed in HD, you have to pay for it. Andnot even that, you pay for only a limited amount of viewing in HD. It's pretty weak but honestly even in HD with my D90, it doesn't look that goodcause of the frame rate. Example:

My Rooftop from Fongstarr on Vimeo.

I made this a while back on my roof. Just a tad sloppy in the framerate but I guess it doesn't matter since I am not making feature films.

^ Fong, vid looks good to me. Only reason it seems skippy is cause you didn't lock the exposure, so it kinda freezes when the camera compensates. Thefisheye is sick too.

I bought a 1 year subscription to flickr. I can upload as many pics whatever size and videos. The only thing is that videos cant be longer than 90 seconds, andthey cant be larger than 500MB. No other restrictions that I know of.

ok so i need some help. haha

so my girlfriend's brother asked me to take some pics at their wedding with my fisheye haha. like of course nothing professional but just something coolfor that day i guess.

any tips?

anyone proficient with the fisheye? haha

i guess i'm just gonna flicker the terms "fisheye" and "wedding" to get some ideas

oh yeah with the flash, i'm gonna be using an SB-800, what kind of diffuser should i buy? the circle one? i forgot what it's called haha

edit: lightsphere?

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

^ Fong, vid looks good to me. Only reason it seems skippy is cause you didn't lock the exposure, so it kinda freezes when the camera compensates. The fisheye is sick too.

I bought a 1 year subscription to flickr. I can upload as many pics whatever size and videos. The only thing is that videos cant be longer than 90 seconds, and they cant be larger than 500MB. No other restrictions that I know of.

Wow....I had no idea. That means I have to hold my thumb on the exposure lock button the whole time! I just tried it and it does run a little nicer but seemskind of a crazy position to hold just to film some shots. Thanks for the info though....

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

^ Fong, vid looks good to me. Only reason it seems skippy is cause you didn't lock the exposure, so it kinda freezes when the camera compensates. The fisheye is sick too.

I bought a 1 year subscription to flickr. I can upload as many pics whatever size and videos. The only thing is that videos cant be longer than 90 seconds, and they cant be larger than 500MB. No other restrictions that I know of.

Wow....I had no idea. That means I have to hold my thumb on the exposure lock button the whole time! I just tried it and it does run a little nicer but seems kind of a crazy position to hold just to film some shots. Thanks for the info though....
Nah man. In the menu, there is a section where you set the AF-L button to hold. that way you just press it, and it stays for however long you wantit.
.1. AE-L (HOLD): By now you should know how to enable the AE-L (HOLD) function so
....that you only have to press it to stop the camera from misbehaving. Once you do this,
....the Auto Shutter and ISO adjustment stops, and you can no longer adjust anything.
....To set your camera for AE-L (hold):
Menu > Custom Settings (Pencil Icon) > f (controls) >> Assign AE-L/AF-L Button > Ae lock (hold) > Ok

Haha.........wow dude. I have my camera in my hand in front of my computer and am reading your instructions like I just found a treasure map. Damn!.......I amshooting video in my room and you can totally tell the difference with the exposure lock on. I still don't know how to use my camera.......haha. Thankshomie.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Haha.........wow dude. I have my camera in my hand in front of my computer and am reading your instructions like I just found a treasure map. Damn!.......I am shooting video in my room and you can totally tell the difference with the exposure lock on. I still don't know how to use my camera.......haha. Thanks homie.
No prob, dude. You should peep this forum. most of these guys are pro/amateur filmmakers and they make some dope stuff with the D90. They alsohave tutorials and tips. http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?f=143

Originally Posted by mjbetch

ok so i need some help. haha

so my girlfriend's brother asked me to take some pics at their wedding with my fisheye haha. like of course nothing professional but just something cool for that day i guess.

any tips?

anyone proficient with the fisheye? haha

i guess i'm just gonna flicker the terms "fisheye" and "wedding" to get some ideas

oh yeah with the flash, i'm gonna be using an SB-800, what kind of diffuser should i buy? the circle one? i forgot what it's called haha

edit: lightsphere?

Back
Top Bottom