Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

say your piece nicely then. no need to go in on dude.

& please don't call me a fool . . you don't even know me . .

eyes.gif

did u not see me share all my lighting setups? camera settings? and even a photo of my rig?

i didnt say anyone here taking anything from me.

did u not see some fool called me salty? people just started saying im salty so if thats how NT sees me, then so be it.

and btw. i make more than $100 per photoshoots......but im no pro. youre right.

if i was a pro, id have all the gear i need but i dont. i could get all the gear i want/need but then id lose my house.

what the hell does NT want from me? when i always say my piece someone takes it as me being salty or watever.

You're corny dude.

1. Just because you have all the gear doesn't make you a pro. You know, kinda like if you goto the basketball court with arm,ankle,knee braces, two wristbands and a mouthguard. You're still not an NBA player.

2.YOU yourself said and I quote:

a lot of effort goes into my photoshoots and when someone takes those photos from me, it just pisses me off.

So don't contradict yourself by saying you didn't say that no one was taking things from you.

3. What does NT want from you? The same things they want from me when I get PMs and Emails. They want to get better.

4. Me saying $100 is sarcasm. IDGAF if you make $2000, you still rely heavily on photoshop for your work and to me that symbolizes not mastering your camera.Once again, its not a bad thing, but not something where you have to hide it, because its quite evident to a person that shoots regularly. Your talent as aphotographer goes to your aesthetic choices not craft based things like techniques.

I've PM'ed you before asking about the filters you use and it was like pulling teeth.

My-T.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

thats why i be salty. son. a lot of effort goes into my photoshoots and when someone takes those photos from me, it just pisses me off.

eyes.gif

Taking from you and learning from you are two different things.

You're a good photographer, but a good photoshop guy as well. But NO ONE on this site is a pro and too good to not share tips with other people.

Guys can know your technique and not know how to execute.

No need to be salty either, no one is gonna take your $100 from your photoshoots.

My-T.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here and rather let dude just do him specially cause it seems like any slight comment directed his way hetakes serious offense to it and it isn't even that serious... but I wanted to respond to him last night but didn't bother... but not to be on MyT(nuts) but he said everything I was pretty much going to say...

I'll just add the following... like I didn't understand why you mention being salty when all I said was that I don't recall you sharing tips andtherefore I tried helping by providing a useful link. Also, like T said, you can share your tips, I like educating people at work, personal life, hobby, etc -sharing knowledge but it's up to the individual to take advantage of it and apply it AND for the most part they won't! You can go as far as takingsomeone to your shoot and they still won't apply it. So even if you shared how you was doing the rig shots, no one is going to take your jobs ornothing... some folks might find out its too much involved (time and money purchasing rigs) and not even bother. Which by the way, you have big ones forplacing all that expensive equipment on those rigs but it pays off in the shots... see something I'm not too sure I could do.

You did share some lighting tips/set-up, shared a picture of your rig (I don't recall seeing it before but this is a 600+ pg thread) but it seem like youdid after I said you wouldn't answer his questions... like after I "called you out" if I didn't bet you wouldn't have posted thosetips.... BUT I'm glad I did and Glad you did too! Someone already commented, "thanks on the lesson", so you know its appreciated and Iappreciated too. Like T said, no one is a Pro here but the funny thing is even the Pro's (McNally, Peterson, Kelby, folks on strobist, Arias, etc) Ifollow share mad tips/secrets for free.
happy.gif

Really no need to be salty, specially with me... because I didn't call you salty AND who is taking your stuff??? I mean if that's true, I be salty toobut I don't think anyone on here is taking your stuff and more importantly NOT EVERYONE so you don't need to be just a bitter person on here (w/everyone). By the way, I like this picture... look like it could be a book cover:

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

2 more skate photos

3717456082_dbb3e33070_o.jpg

And since this is our Photography Thread let me share something from my stream...

I plan to update the flickr sometime this week w/ some new stuff. OH, AND WHERE IS THEWITCH/WIZARD toy???
roll.gif

Damn didn't know T just responded to him again, dude seriously going to be in his feeling when he see's two post directed at him. Wasn't myintention to add on but hey, guess he had something to say and I did too.

BUT ANYWAYS, WHILE WE ON IT... T, I once PM you to ask you about a DIY lightbox set-up (a whhhile ago and some other time about something else) and got noresponse either!!!
smh.gif
laugh.gif

The one thing I do want to say to those learning, really like if we could share information (and most do) to improve our skills, that's great! That'swhat the "community" is about or so I thought. BUT honestly, if you don't get an answer here, nothing a quick Google Search or a search inFlickr groups that can't answer as it relates to this stuff.

Oh and T, thought you shoot with a Canon... no big deal, I'm not into this whole Canon vs. Apple I mean Nikon hahaha you know what I meant, hell one of myfirst camera was a Canon and now I use a D90... just wondering was there a reason for the change?

Oh and T, thought you shoot with a Canon... no big deal, I'm not into this whole Canon vs. Apple I mean Nikon hahaha you know what I meant, hell one of my first camera was a Canon and now I use a D90... just wondering was there a reason for the change?

I needed a 70-200.

Pops owned a Nikon with a 70-200.

Used the Nikon.

Its still bass akwards though.
laugh.gif

And I checked my msgs, never got a DIY inbox. I can show the screencap to you.

My-T.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

a lot of effort goes into my photoshoots and when someone takes those photos from me, it just pisses me off.

So don't contradict yourself by saying you didn't say that no one was taking things from you.

i didnt say anyone from NT took anything from me....but when i see someones photo getting used by someone else, that annoys me.

i said that the situation has happened to me before. not once, twice but 3 times..

this photo was used by someone in another forum(not iss) and said it was their collection and even said that they took the damn photo. even erased my tag onthe top left.
2167729917_325c1453cd_b.jpg

who the hell wouldnt get mad? luckily i had multiple angles of the photo to prove that it was my photo / collection.

used by someone on sneakerplay. again...they cropped the photo so my tag doesnt show.
2190777357_05d13a23ea_o.jpg

used on another forum sayin that the sunset looked like this on their area a week after i took this shot.
2715830638_7c578c9268_o.jpg

so now you think i rely heavily on PHOTOSHOP?? not mastering my camera? what the hell do u think i did with a rebel XT and kit lens for almost 2.5 yrs? iwanted to know my camera in and out before i upgraded to something else. and finally when my level of skills caught up to me....thats when i finally upgradedto 40D. and even then i didnt do HEAVY POST PROCESSING. dark room is post processing when youre shooting film, photoshop/LR etc is post processing when youreshooting digital.

you know what since you called me out, show me some photos that i took that you think i used heavy photoshop on? ive showed many people what i do on photoshop and they couldnt believe that i do VERY minimaladjustments on my photos.

only on my RIG SHOTS i do quite extensive photoshop work since it is about the ONLY way of eliminating the RIG from the photo.

before (unedited - just resize)

after
3703422924_e238da1700_o.jpg

heres some setup shots
3329744245_9a1d5b4e46_o.jpg

result
3325555214_0a903eeaba_o.jpg

setup
3331938005_3ea3e60a59_o.jpg

result
3331940685_63fa299bf8_o.jpg

before (unedited - just resized)

after
3332237076_ff053ef049_o.jpg

after
2505172800_ee445bd29f_o.jpg

2692877279_1cb5921abf_o.jpg

after
3355178021_1399f6c092_o.jpg

setup

result
3624478374_a78ef6a49b_o.jpg

i know for a fact that I DONT HEAVILY PROCESS MY PHOTOS. i adjust them to my liking.

a lot of these famous photographers use photoshop / lightroom in one form or another. even magazine photographers that i know of, use COMPOSITE images to getthe look they want.

scott dukes - an automotive photographer that i really admire

here is a sample of his work.....

finished product
1.jpg

orig shots
2.jpg

finished product
1.jpg

ground was pulled from this
2.jpg

sky
3.jpg

bldg/ tree
4.jpg

im not very good at photoshop, i never even try to attempt these things. and how you gonna call me out that i RELY ONPHOTOSHOP? u got me all twisted my dude.

my usual process is get to a good location , get the perfect lighting, get all the SHOTS i want, and adjust accordingly on photoshop.

and francis - same goes for you dude, u dont kno me either so dont go around callin me salty and !$#%.

jpay - i get your point man. i appreciate the words. actually my rig only cost me $100 to make. others spend about $300 and up.

so NT .. keep hatin on me i guess.

oh and bonus

my ghetto ring light

result

my wife
2469807924_b517717819_o.jpg

my wife / me
2472515511_639c23cd23.jpg
2455680695_21372a7036.jpg

Quick- Your flickr is impressive, fam. Also, that light ring is ingenious. Did you come up with that yourself? It's pretty clever with the tin foil.

Hey watup NT photography fam...

I have a question: I'm about to get a D90 but I just wanted to know if it's worth it to pay for warranty which is about $120 for 1 year, $160 for 3years, or some number like that.

The reason I ask if it's worth it, is because I paid a lot for my extended warranty on my MacBook and the years went by with no problems on it and theextended warranty was not necessary.

Is it the same w/ cameras or should I get the warranty?

Originally Posted by WHPH10

Hey watup NT photography fam...

I have a question: I'm about to get a D90 but I just wanted to know if it's worth it to pay for warranty which is about $120 for 1 year, $160 for 3 years, or some number like that.

The reason I ask if it's worth it, is because I paid a lot for my extended warranty on my MacBook and the years went by with no problems on it and the extended warranty was not necessary.

Is it the same w/ cameras or should I get the warranty?

Well......I only speak for myself but I have a D90 and I haven't had any issues at all after having it for 7 months now. I am talking about mechanicallyand cosmetically. I am not sure how mid range Canon's hold up but my Canon XTi looked like crap after a year of using it with little scratches here andthere and my Nikon has literally been flawless (knock on wood). But i am sure there will be people that is out there that will tell you another side to thewhole story.

If you got the money, I would say get the 3 year warranty cause the year just doesn't seem worth it.

And oddly enough, I am a loyal Apple owner that never really had any issues with my products (iPhone, iPods, Powerbook) but my 24" iMac is taking a turnfor the worse and it is all jacked up now. Kind of wished I ponied up the dough to get the warranty....but thank god I know someone that knows someone thatfixes Macs for cheap.

Originally Posted by you right

hey guys i plan on picking up a p90, and was wondering is there a better camera for the price???? thanks

If you mean D90, then the whole competitor to that is the Canon 40D or the T1i. The D90 is the best price you will get with the most current technology...whichI am sure will be obsolete in the near future. But it's a great camera but just choose which company you want to invest you money in on lenses.....causeonce you buy an extra lens over $500, you feel obligate to stick with that brand for a while.....

....unless you want to sell all your stuff and get a full frame Canon camera.....kind of like how I want too. Thank god I have no money.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by you right

hey guys i plan on picking up a p90, and was wondering is there a better camera for the price???? thanks

If you mean D90, then the whole competitor to that is the Canon 40D or the T1i. The D90 is the best price you will get with the most current technology...which I am sure will be obsolete in the near future. But it's a great camera but just choose which company you want to invest you money in on lenses.....cause once you buy an extra lens over $500, you feel obligate to stick with that brand for a while.....

....unless you want to sell all your stuff and get a full frame Canon camera.....kind of like how I want too. Thank god I have no money.

lol naw im talking bout the p90 is that the best camera for the $300-$500 range.....

^^^ I was really excited about the last assignment, but after the results i'm not sure if the rest of NT will be as excited this time around.
I understand your situation last time and hopefully you are able to stay true to your word and keep this thread updated frequently.

As far as all the arguing going on in here, though not appreciated a lot of good work has been posted lately
and it's always nice seeing people post old work that are good photos rather than seeing random, highly saturated, horribly composed macros around thehouse.

Hopefully this could set a trend and inspire more people to post their work...
I sure know I would post more if I was able to.

quick, good !@%$ bruh.

smh @ people calling out heads because they actually take their time & learn their camera inside out, then learn their lighting, .I've gotten calledout on other forums as well. Quick I can relate to you.

These are 100% unedited out the camera (just resized) from a test shoot this past weekend.

& my personal light stand
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom