Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

I'm debating on so many different choices..I am a beginner...but my choices are the 40D,D80,5D,D300....I know you guys are prolly saying wow why do youneed those types of cameras when your just starting off...but I paln on taking photography very serious and I plan on going to college for photography also...

ehhh....messing around today.....

6u77b7b.png

7yhdidf.png

8fa0w48.png

87dbnye.png

8abgeu1.png

yo ebayologist, thanks a lot on the feedback, much appreciated. I'm still having some difficulty understanding some of the tips and criticisms you have,but over time I'll look back and get it. but again, thanks for the feedback. I just got new film, it's ISO 400 color, so I'm gonna be taking somemore shots soon, and will add more in here soon.

Originally Posted by tha23greatest

I'm debating on so many different choices..I am a beginner...but my choices are the 40D,D80,5D,D300....I know you guys are prolly saying wow why do you need those types of cameras when your just starting off...but I paln on taking photography very serious and I plan on going to college for photography also...
Yo, Seriously just either a: get the cheapest new camera the D40 and learn with that or b: get one of the better ones used... It makes no sense to dropthousands on something that whether or not you plan to take seriously you know very little. For starters D40 isn't an unpowerful camera... Clearly theothers are better but you won't know much of the difference out the gate. Secondly if you do get really into photography there is a huge used market forany type of camera so you can just sell the D40 and upgrade. Third the lenses over time will be the most expensive part anyway and they'll all be the samefor all those cameras. Once you pick a brand stick with it but its all the same lens mount within a brand. Fourth I take it you don't know a whole lotabout photograph or cameras so learning on simpler camera will be quite helpful. Most people learn on film because the easy of 35mm b/w film and it alltranslates if you can shoot film and everything for it, then you can do digital just as easy because with film scanning you do alot of the stuff anyways. Thereverse doesnt always translate as well. You hand some of these joke commercial photographers a film camera and they're even more useless than they werebefore...
Originally Posted by The Black James Bond

yo ebayologist, thanks a lot on the feedback, much appreciated. I'm still having some difficulty understanding some of the tips and criticisms you have, but over time I'll look back and get it. but again, thanks for the feedback. I just got new film, it's ISO 400 color, so I'm gonna be taking some more shots soon, and will add more in here soon.
No prob. If you have an questions in particular or whatever hit me up on aim if you feel like. My aim sn is ceasley1219

man looking @ this thread ive noticed how much i want to take photos with a nice camera anyone have any suggestions ive been looking @ cannon

2047393877_a95fea69d9.jpg

This is a good example of getting the white balance wrong.

It looks like you left it on the auto setting or outdoors or something and shot under tungsten lighting which is very yellow.

I altered it to this which is probably more like the scene looks to your eye when shooting.

6xrt6hy.jpg

^ sort of. I actually discovered a new technique this week which I was going to post about when I got around to it.

I'll use that one as an example and post a few screencaps. It's a great way to remove a colorcast with about 5 seconds effort.

So, open your image.

8180aj8.jpg

Duplicate the layer.

6jxlcli.jpg

Go to filter>blur>average

6tkn53n.jpg

Once you click it it should look something like this - if you have a colorcast it will look that sort of color. If your image is pretty good it should be aneutral gray color.

8fo8gau.jpg

Make a new curves adjustment layer - click on the little gradient thing at the bottom of the layer palette and you'll get a list of different things youcan open - curves is in the second box.

6twu6pz.jpg

You will now get a box like this.

7ynsn0l.jpg

Click on the set gray point dropper - the middle of the 3 things at the bottom right - and then click on your colored layer. You will see the colored layerchange to more of a grey.

89kee1g.jpg

Then delete the colored layer and your original image is changed.

7xttuyo.jpg

This only works for pictures with a decent range of color - if you took a makro shot of something red, for instance, it doesn't work well because theaverage is red anyway - you'd have to use the color balance there and that is a lot more fiddly. Works well for indoor scenes in my experience of playingwith it this week.

EDITED to make the pictures a bit smaller.

^^ Thats an interesting technique. If you have CS3 you can adjust the color balance in Bridge via Camera Raw with incredible easy and that just seems like abit of work when you could just play with the color balance but either way... Also I still think there is color cast in that image like a greenish hue butmight be monitor being or not being color correct issue...

Also I feel for you using CS2 with windows... ugh... that's gotta be fun.
laugh.gif

^ yeah, I use the Nikon plugin for PS when converting from RAW and you can do it there but this works pretty well for jpegs or old images that you have.

If I'm doing a few images it literally takes 5 seconds. Open>duplicate the layer>control F(last filter used)>click the color and done.

I've been thinking about upgrading to CS3 but haven't got round to it yet. It's still a big upgrade over what I had last year.

Back
Top Bottom