Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

i shoot w/ a Canon Digital Rebel XT w/ the 18-55mm stock lens + uv filter from time to time

also, could i get some critiques/comments on my previous post(s) ? thanks

^
The ones from the last page.
1. Like I get the idea but I think the flash kills it for me. It loses any sort interest for me with that alone. Also its not white balanced, quite cold. Alsocutting off your elbows is a no no...
2. That huge fence part or whatever that is thats out of focus is bit much. When you have small insignifcant parts of photos blured its fine, but when itsblack and right in the middle its a bit more difficult to pull of. Also I'm a bit lost as to the significance of the photo, like is it the juxtaposition ofthe christmas lights vs. the palm type tree in the background or no?
3. It's over exposed. Which means its quite fixable, just play back the light/bright parts of the image. But you talk about guitar hero yet I can barelytell thats whats going on. Show what us what you're talking about. Let the text play off the image and visa versa, not confuse us...
4. Not a bad image but not remarkably interesting either, maybe play up the perspective of the falling back columns more next time. And you cut off the girlsfeet in the fore ground. You have to think about the frame not just whats inside of it.
5. Probably the best of the bunch. But again frame issues and overexposure that i think is good but should be fix the lights/bright areas to more reasonabletone, just pull them back, but keep the shadow detail where it is...

Sorry if any of that feels harsh, just late and trying to get you feedback and do it reasonably fast but cover the bases...

^naw man it's all good.. i thank you for the constructive criticism.. i need it to get better yenno.. thanks a lot ebayologist

Went to futureshop to return the S5 IS, and the manager asked me why i returned it. I said i wanted the D40 that was $30 dollars cheaper at Henry's photostore, and she said fine ill match that, even better ill take $50 off. I ended up paying $499.99 instead of $589.99.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Will be opened tonight at 12am.

To whom it may concern:

I'm highly interested in photography.
I am hoping to get a camera soon.

I'll have about $200-300 to spend.. (i could save for more but
ohwell.gif
)
is there a good/solid camera to get for around that?
I like the clarity of most of these pictures.

Any information would be appreciated.
I'll be checking back often.
Thanks NT

edit: Can these cameras be bought at a walmart or target?
I'm not really trying to find some special camera store.
MyT has real nice clarity... I'm guessing his camera was expensive??
laugh.gif

MyT has real nice clarity... I'm guessing his camera was expensive?

I use a Canon Digital Rebel XT. Its fair priced for a Digital SLR and in the middle of the spectrum, it can be found @Target and WalMart.

But its the lens that has been changed that helps the sharpness.

Not to mention I don't use the standard flash.

My-T.

Possibly the last pics i take with the HP P&S. Thanks to everyone who dropped input on cameras that helped make the purchase easier.

6yvayja.jpg

6lai7id.jpg

Merry Christmas!

slr101cb7.jpg

Since I know alot of you guys will be waking up christmas morning and opening your new dslr's and be varying degrees of clueless and come to Niketalk tofigure out. Here's a start... Merry Christmas.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

MyT has real nice clarity... I'm guessing his camera was expensive?

I use a Canon Digital Rebel XT. Its fair priced for a Digital SLR and in the middle of the spectrum, it can be found @ Target and WalMart.

But its the lens that has been changed that helps the sharpness.

Not to mention I don't use the standard flash.

My-T.

Would you mind telling me how much you spent on the camera and lens individually?
And the type of lens you got? Thanks! you can pm me if you dont want to say on here.
much appreciated!

Originally Posted by ireminisce

SaNTi0321,

what made you go with the nikon d40?

i been debating with the d40, d40x, and the rebel xti.

I picked up the D40 instead of the D40x cause the only difference is 6.1mp on the d40 vs. 10 on the d40x. 6mp is enough unless your gonna print some hugeposters or something with your images, Also, since the d40x has more megapixels crammed into the same sensor as the d40, it gives it more possibilities ofgetting noise in your image. And about the XTi, well, a lot of people say its better, but what kept me away was the price.

$200 (Fuji)

0007410147032_500X500.jpg

0007410147032_AV_500X500.jpg

$140 (Kodak)

0004177819152_500X500.jpg

0004177819152_AV_500X500.jpg

Are either of these nice/solid cameras?
can you exchange that lens or is it cool like that?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom