Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

52qizjt

Damn Jon....that D40 does wonders man. Those are some great pics...and I especially like this one. Just the white with the silouettes in the background...the detail of the rust stains that drip down to the bottom with the vibrant yellow cab in the back. Good stuff man.....

1021541224_21ba0f45e6.jpg
TEAM WARRIORSWE BELIEVE

Kitrov
Quote:
Damn Jon....that D40 does wonders man. Those are some great pics...and I especially like this one. Just the white with the silouettes in the background...the detail of the rust stains that drip down to the bottom with the vibrant yellow cab in the back. Good stuff man.....

Quote:
I hate to say it (cause I hate import car culture) but I am a sucker for the import car models.

couldn't agree more... that girl is bad as hell.

Wddup, yall.

My photo won the Shmack Clothing photo contest....

4vpdlzm.jpg

Peep www.ShmackClothing.com

it was hella random 'cause it was my friend that submitted the picture ('cause it's him that's in the pic), and he just randomly told me it won.
Vallejo, CA

Quote:
kinda reminds me of Anna Shteynshleyger (she's russian too) landscape work... I'll be honest its in part because the russian thing reminded me of her but nonetheless if you like taking photographs like that you'd like her russian landscape series.
i'm russian, if that matters.
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Quote:
The landscape pic I posted was a HDR. I usually hate shooting landscapes, because it looks so "dead" to me, but I wanted to try the HDR thing with a lot of sky and other primary colours. So what I tried to do is making the pic as natural as possible, but make the colours super vibrant.
www.mocp.org/collections/permanent/shteynshleyger_anna.php

Quote:
I'm still not really sure what I like to shoot. I'd like to say that my preference goes to shooting graffiti and people, but I'm still kind off struggling to find my own style.

I don't think your style should dictate your subject... If you come at anything with your own perspective and make it your own then I think it can be a great body of work.

If you look at a number of the big names in art photography you'll see they shoot any number of things, sure they're a people who are known for certain things but trust me there are tons of big names who shoot wildly different stuff. Take Anna Shteynshleyger she isnt quite big name but I know her reasonably well, and she has an MFA from Yale and is represented by a gallery in Mahattan, NY (Moti Hasson) so clearly not small potatoes either... she shoots russian landscapes and then she has a whole series of people going up escalators, and a number of other works.

Basically my point is you shouldnt limit yourself to one thing because it gives you a "style"... people have style because no matter what they shoot you know its theirs or something to that effect...

Yo Johnny.. thanks, man.

all i know is that it was a couple clothing items and a backpack from the fall line....

me n my friend in the pic is gonna split it..

im really trying to see if shmack would want more pics done representing their line...
Vallejo, CA

hey guys, do any of you know how to batch watermark using relative positioning? preferably a free software. i'm only using ps elements and i'd like to watermark a few images at once but they are different sizes.

Thanks Fong. I'm just trying to figure out the camera and absorb some of the tips being provided here in this thread.
Quote:
Maybe its the hosting because I think thats whats causing the color cast but it strikes me as underexposed, the composition is great but some of the background detail is lost. might be a hosting issue though...
54bq16e
ebay Auctions To Come​

Oseez what are you asking exactly?
April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?

question to whoever...

I'm just wondering what would be a good mount flash to get for my 400D....

i'm used to doing shoots and everything w/ natural light..

but i was asked to take pictures for a club later this month, kinda scared, but eh what the hell..

thanks, yall..

Vallejo, CA

Took a trip into DC to the National Building Museum today. Unfortunately the ground floor was mostly closed because they were putting in new carpet so I couldn't get any shots from there.

Some random shots of other spots in DC.

Verizon Center

Building above the garage where I parked.

FOR SALE AIR JORDAN I sz 11.5click here ALSO FOR SALE, YELLOW NIKE SWINGMAN KOBE JERSEY ONLY $20, PM ME OR EMAIL @ [email protected]

btw, i don't use any PS on any of my pictures.
unless of course i decide to do an HDR. then, yeah.

:D
happy.gif
TeamS.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?
teammaximal
T R A N S F O R M E R S

Quote:
I'm just wondering what would be a good mount flash to get for my 400D....

i'm used to doing shoots and everything w/ natural light..

but i was asked to take pictures for a club later this month, kinda scared, but eh what the hell..

Well I don't know canon flashes that well, (I roll with nikon when it comes to flashes). But really as far as my understanding you don't need anything that fancy. If it has ttl monitoring your probably good to go so something years old will probably work. So definately don't go out droping $200-300 unless you really want something quite nice. Aside from that for a situation like that I would get a flash bracket. mounting the flash just on the shoe works but even with those little $15 diffusers that mount on them its going to be alittle to head on heavy. you could opt for something quite simple or quite complex but I think the futher you get the flash from head on the lense the better...

As far as how to use it just based on club pictures i've seen pretty straight forword not exactly what I would call a complex answer to a complex situation as far as 99.9% club photographers handle lighting...

so basically any flash that works with the ttl lighting monitor in your camera and your set, and maybe flash bracket...

Heres a couple photos that my dad took..He has a bunch but these are my favorites.

if you guys are interested he has a site tha he posts all his pictures on.

97542353-L.jpg

97541426-L.jpg

126321353-L.jpg
TEAMLOSTPOWERCITY​

Two pics that I took when I was in Antwerp
67fgsog.jpg

Don't like the white sky on this pic

53udxrm.jpg
i'm russian, if that matters.
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

^what was going on there?

He's havin heaven on earth, will his wings still fit him?

Back
Top Bottom