Official Pittsburgh Steelers Season Thread (6-5) Vol. Return of the 6x Champs

Discuss. Please keep it civil in here.

Schedule as follows. Personally i think because of the easy schedule it can either be a gift or a curse....we will either breeze through the schedule and get to the first or second playoff round and get knocked out because of the easy regular season schedule, or we will just sail through on the stairway to 7.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2009 Schedule

Preseason

Record 3-1

Thursday Aug. 13th Vs. Cardinals - Win 20-10
Saturday Aug. 22nd @ ******** - Loss 17-13
Saturday Aug. 29th Vs. Bills - Win 17-0
Thursday Sept. 3rd @ Panthers - Win 21-10

Regular Season

Record 6-5

Thursday Sept. 10th Vs. Titans - Win 13-10
Sunday Sept. 20th @ Bears - L 17-14
Sunday Sept. 27th @ Bengals - L 23-20
Sunday Oct. 4th Vs. Chargers - W 38-28
Sunday Oct. 11th @ Lions - W 28-20
Sunday Oct. 18th Vs. Browns - W 27-14
Sunday Oct. 25th Vs. Vikings - W 27-17
BYE
Monday Nov. 9th @ Broncos - W - 28-10
Sunday Nov. 15th Vs. Bengals - L 18-12
Sunday Nov. 22nd @ Chiefs - L 27-24
Sunday Nov. 29th @ Ravens -L 20-17
Sunday Dec. 6th Vs. Raiders - 1pm
Thursday Dec. 10th @ Browns - 8:20pm
Sunday Dec. 20th Vs. Packers - 1pm
Sunday Dec. 27th Vs. Ravens - 1pm
Sunday Jan 3rd @ Dolphins - 1pm

Sunday Dec. 20th Vs. Packers - 1pm
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wanna be more optimistic, but when I go through the schedule I'm feeling like 10-6 for some reason. I just think this is kind of a let down season forus.

I hope I'm wrong - I'm just feeling like teams will figure us out a little bit this year.. i think anything from like 9-7 to 11-5 seems reasonablethough.

pimp.gif
can hardly wait for sep 10th. I don't think it'll be as big alet down as it was the season following the 5th chip. everybody understands not to be complacent, that lesson has been learnt. as long as we have charledrichard "*@+%" lebeau our D will be a force to reckon with. there is no doubt we'd be one of the top 3 defensive units in the league. the offensethough is where the questions arise. the o-line developed some cohesively at the end of the season but still let ben get sacked too many times. I don'tknow how credible that O-line is, and if its bad we're gonna get exposed early. I am not sold on mendenhall, i want this kid to be a bruising 3rd downbulldozer but he just hasn't shown it. part of me wishes bettis would sit him down and transfer his mentality over to rashard.

willie parker remaining healthy is gonna be so key during this season. we were 23rd in run game the past season and we can't afford to be that bad. onceagain the o-line comes into question, can they make the holes for willie to bust through? i really hope frank summers can be the fb that willie needs to getpast the trenches. we all know what speed parker has once he hits the hole. im hoping summers can be a very poor man's lorenzo.

the WR core is not bad at all. ward will be consistent and moreover hes the best blocking receiver in the league. hes still gonna be money on short yardage andhes a good route runner. santonio has apparently packed on few more lbs of muscle and thats a good sign. I honestly think this year will be the breakout oflimas sweed. the guy has the physical size, the tools and the hands to be a very very good receiver. he can be what nate was last season and so much more. hejust needs to develop a bond with ben, learn the playbook better, work on his route running and be patient! that block he put on corey ivy still gets meshaking my head. haven't seen enough of mike wallace to gauge him.

looking forward to seeing what ziggy hood can do

Stiller Nation remember the '06 season!! Hopefully never again. I think Tomlin is better than regards to preparedness. Cowerd turtled in many a game. ButI'll damned if this doesn't feel like the '06 season. Some surprise just happens to hit Ben as the season starts
smh.gif
. Ziggy and Sweed look good sofar the pre-season tho.

And I agree with brrrraptors.

EDIT: it's about damn time someone made an official thread
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 92

Raiders @ steelers
remember the 06 game?
pimp.gif
not really? i'm guessing you beat us
grin.gif
sorry, we'dprobably remember too but it's hard to keep regular season games straight when you're used to playing in meaningful ones all the time. you guysprobably don't know what that's like.

I'm starting to realize defending my team is a damn near job here on NT. But I wouldn't trade it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

I'm starting to realize defending my team is a damn near job here on NT. But I wouldn't trade it.
pimp.gif
everybody hates on the best. it's all good.
pimp.gif

Since there are only like 5 Steeler fans on here my guess is this thread will disappear, but no worries I almost like the week to week game threads better.Should be a pretty good season again, all depends on the playoffs and how they go. Side note, even non Steeler fans agree Mike Tomlin is freaking sweet

^^ Sad but true. This may disappear, but I'll find it.

And why do we play the PAnthers every pre-season??

I will keep this thing alive, its my duty
laugh.gif

Anyways i hope Redman gets serious playing time, i think dude is a machine waiting to be unleashed. I think he can be exactly what we need. Ive only seen a few plays from him but Redman > Mendenhall > Moore

I know its early to say that but ive seen nothing at all that made me be like wow Mendenhall is good. I just dont see it with him and i dont get the hype.

Anytime someone beats you 3 times in a year, you have no say so in anything. Especially in football.

Imma keep this bumped for the duration of season. At least try.

Lookin' forward to this season
pimp.gif

No matter how I feel about Ben, he's the quarterback of my favorite team, and I'll support him regardless.

Now that that's out the way, I missed the first Pre-Season game so I didn't get a chance to get a look at everybody. Question about Redman, is hereally lookin' that good? I heard good things about him.

I'm not really worried about too much goin' in. I think the O-Line will be good despite what most people say. It's all about chemistry with thoseguys and they seem to have it. Hopefully Stapleton is healthy and ready to go for the season opener.

I think Tomlin has these guys focused and ready to defend. They just can't get too comfortable and let some of these "easy" games get them caughtup, which they've been known for.

Overall, I'm just waiting for some football to start. I've been missing it
laugh.gif

He's looking a lot better then Mendenhall and that bum Moore
laugh.gif

I was honestly impressed with him....Mike needs to throw him out there and let him loose.

Mewelde did an ok job IMO last season. He's a good 3rd down back and great for screens.

Mendenhall, I always thought they shoulda went in a different direction with that pick. I read he's been lookin' "ordinary" in camp so far.Who knows, though, maybe he'll get it together.

Few pics my dad took at training camp yesterday... enjoy

301qa9c.jpg

2dma8ev.jpg

2niqkjr.jpg

9puyv5.jpg

If you right-click view picture you'll get the full size, which is pretty huge. Sorry if it's loading slowly because of that
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom