Official Pizza Appreciation!

Pizza is easily the #1 most delivered fast food in the USA. It all comes down to the logistics of your town. If there's too much competition you won't thrive regardless of whether you have a superior product. As shown by this thread, people will sacrifice quality for convenience. NYC has incredible pizza, but most people just go to the spot on their block because its right there.

Don't even have any pizza chains near me. Wanted to order 2 pies last week from my local pizzeria and it would've been over $50, nope.

The margins on pizza are crazy vs other types of foods

If I was opening any type of restaurant it would be a pizzeria

Some of the prices out there can be a bit much but I'll still pay it
Pizza is definitely overpriced. A large at most local places go for damn near $25-$30. I think a reason for it is because we're made to believe that pizza is hard to make. When in fact it's not, and it's quick to make.

Pizza is easily the #1 most delivered fast food in the USA. It all comes down to the logistics of your town. If there's too much competition you won't thrive regardless of whether you have a superior product. As shown by this thread, people will sacrifice quality for convenience. NYC has incredible pizza, but most people just go to the spot on their block because its right there.
I love knowledge

Just looked on amazon for some deep dish pizza pans and detroit rectangle pans. A lot of the detroit style pans are expensive for some reason.

Last week I went to Frank Pinello’s spot, Best Pizza in Williamsburg. That pepperoni pie (well done) was fuego.

Very happy with that pizza.
One of the best pizzas I've ever had was at Best Pizza. That dude Frank is a pizza genius & a genuine Pizzaiolo. The cheese was so perfect with that audible crunch. I wish they continued making new episodes of his show. I got to go back there soon, been a while.

Just looked on amazon for some deep dish pizza pans and detroit rectangle pans. A lot of the detroit style pans are expensive for some reason.
If you want the best frozen Detroit Style Pizza it's Motor City Pizza. You can find them at your Walmart. Not only the best Detroit Style but arguably the best frozen pizza in the game right now. Crust stays crisp & fluffy and is as close to a restaurant style pizza as your gonna get frozen wise.
Screenshot_20220105-183710__01.jpg

Edit: I just realized you're talking about the pans :lol:🤦‍♂️

Dominos is cool if I’m starving or if it’s near by or I’m broke lol… or all 3

Never the number 1 option but it’ll still hit and get the job done

What always blows me is the so called coniseeurs that act like they can’t go near dominos/papa John/ Pizza Hut, bro are you hungry or not

I prefer my dough to be on the thicker side. Similar to that pic above and Pizza Hut's original dough.

Local place square cuts their pizza. A family member of mine does not like the crust. I love the crust. So instead of taking the middle pieces with no crust, they eat the outer slices and then throw away the crust. Makes my blood boil each time.

Attachments

• Pizza.jpg
    Pizza.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 328
The margins on pizza are crazy vs other types of foods

If I was opening any type of restaurant it would be a pizzeria

Some of the prices out there can be a bit much but I'll still pay it
There are two pizzerias near me that over the years have been sold, bought, closed, multiple times.

It's a never ending cycle

Pizza is definitely overpriced. A large at most local places go for damn near $25-$30. I think a reason for it is because we're made to believe that pizza is hard to make. When in fact it's not, and it's quick to make.
One of the easiest foods to make and the ingredients are cheap. Especially the dough.

I used to make my own pizza at home

All you need is flour, yeast, salt, warm water and olive oil for the dough

One of the easiest foods to make and the ingredients are cheap. Especially the dough.

I used to make my own pizza at home

All you need is flour, yeast, salt, warm water and olive oil for the dough
Facts. Simple to make and customize to your liking.

I used to think Costco pizza was great as a kid now as an adult it's trash :lol:
It’s mad greasy. Greasy to the point where there’s no flavor. It’s cheap though so it’s cool for something quick.

Back
Top Bottom