Official Pizza Appreciation!

Yea, in the form of heart disease.

It's 2019. Pizza is no longer the wave, babycakes.

Smack yourself
1577648543499.gif

It’s actually not as bad as people make it out to seem

when done right, it’s better than A lot of places

I went through a phase where I wouldn’t leave Chicago without going to Giordano’s but now I’ve concluded that Chicago deep dish is a little too over the top. You have to eat it with a fork like a lasagna and the crust is never the same when you reheat and since nobody can finish a pie in one sitting you’re stuck with bad crust leftovers.

But to answer the question, Emmett’s in soho is ran by a Chicago guy and it’s good.

Last edited:
I went through a phase where I wouldn’t leave Chicago without going to Giordano’s but now I’ve concluded that Chicago deep dish is a little too over the top. You have to eat it with a fork like a lasagna and the crust is never the same when you reheat and since nobody can finish a pie in one sitting you’re stuck with bad crust leftovers.

But to answer the question, Emmett’s in soho is ran by a Chicago guy and it’s good.
Are you reheating it in a microwave? If you use a toaster oven or air fryer you should be good. I like reheating my deep dish cause I get it extra crispy. I prefer Lou Malnati's. Crust is crispier, taste better, plus I grew up on it. If you're in Chicago next time I'd recommend you try their thin crust tavern style. Everyone talks about Chicago deep dish, but thin crust tavern style is a Chicago staple. Believe it or not, most Chicagoans order thin crust tavern style at most local pizza joints. Deep dish is more for an event or occasion meal. Tavern style is more common for drinking or watching football or parties. Their fried calamari is fire as well.

Pat's Pizza And Ristorante also has good tavern style pizza. Better than Lou's.

Last edited:
Reactions: ace
Are you reheating it in a microwave? If you use a toaster oven or air fryer you should be good. I like reheating my deep dish cause I get it extra crispy. I prefer Lou Malnati's. Crust is crispier, taste better, plus I grew up on it. If you're in Chicago next time I'd recommend you try their thin crust tavern style. Everyone talks about Chicago deep dish, but thin crust tavern style is a Chicago staple. Believe it or not, most Chicagoans order thin crust tavern style at most local pizza joints. Deep dish is more for an event or occasion meal. Tavern style is more common for drinking or watching football or parties. Their fried calamari is fire as well.

Noted. Microwaving is the only option since I’m in town on business and staying at hotels. My pill hill cousin told me about Lou’s, might have him bring that tavern style when he comes out here.

Chicago deep dish ain’t that great, good once or twice a year

I had pizanos? Last year thought it was better than the bigger names easily

If you are by yourself, the smallest possible Deep Dish pie should be ordered.

If you can only warm it up in the microwave, that is just a messed up situation.

Deep dish is good as hell but it is heavy so I agree that it can't be eaten often.

But the amount of cheese most places put on by default is WAY too much. I generally ask for 50% of the amount.

anyone else love mushrooms and fresh garlic on their pizza. Like my favorite has to be pepperoni, mushrooms and fresh garlic. Also when i can order from my fav place i order GF pizza because i have a gluten allergy and pizza is one of those things that doesnt sit well with me. The sucky part is most places that have GF pizza tastes like cardboard.

Y’all need to go to prince st and not get the pepperoni square, but give the Vodka slice a go, that thing is game changing.
Last time I was in Chicago, Lou Malnatti’s was better than Giordano’s but man did that feel heavy in your stomach.

Daym Drops is the only food reviewer you should be watching on YT. He did the shaq-a-roni and said what we already know: the cheese, crust and the ovens they cook in are still garbage and people use the garlic and pepper to compensate for the trash pizza. If you're eating pizza just fork over the extra $5-10 and go to a real pizzeria. IMO if the aren't using fresh mozzarella it's not real pizza.

Daym Drops is the only food reviewer you should be watching on YT. He did the shaq-a-roni and said what we already know: the cheese, crust and the ovens they cook in are still garbage and people use the garlic and pepper to compensate for the trash pizza. If you're eating pizza just fork over the extra $5-10 and go to a real pizzeria. IMO if the aren't using fresh mozzarella it's not real pizza.
Never heard of dude but looking at the video now.

1 minute in and I see he is an over the top character already. :lol:

Too bad he sold out and is out promoting Burger Kings trash

Why do people get in their feelings when people make comments like that about Chicago Deep Dish? :lol:

Aight, you have to use a fork and it is a casserole, why does that bother folks. :lol:

Those things CAN be true while DD still tastes good.

this. All of this. Thin crust Tavern Style is really all ppl eat. Prolly grab Some deep dish Beggars once, maybe two times max a year.

Back
Top Bottom