Official: Portland Trailblazers Thread

Seeing as how there is a Sonics thread it's only right to have a Blazers thread. Gregory is coming back this season, along with the possible arrival ofRudy Fernandez from Spain, and the 13th pick; things continue to look up for our franchise.

Originally Posted by STRAIGHTSOLE

along with the possible arrival of Rudy Fernandez from Spain

he'll be in atrailblazers uni next season

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Fernandez plans to leave Spanish club, join Blazers next season[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: June 6, 2008, 6:53 PM ET

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Guard Rudy Fernandez said Friday that he plans to leave his Spanish ACB League team to join the Portland Trail Blazers.

Fernandez made the announcement at a news conference in Spain. The Trail Blazers can not comment, because of league rules, until he signs with the team on July 1.

"It has not been easy for me to take this decision, but it is the moment to face new challenges," Fernandez said. "Now, I have the chance to fulfill a dream and become part of the NBA."

The 6-foot-6 shooting guard averaged 21.2 points, 4.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds for DKV Joventut Badalona this past season.

The 24th overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft by the Phoenix Suns, he was acquired by Portland for cash considerations.

Fernandez will make about $900,000 his rookie season because of NBA rules, about half of what he would have made with his Spanish team.

He is a friend of Trail Blazers guard Sergio Rodriguez, also from Spain.

Originally Posted by STRAIGHTSOLE

Seeing as how there is a Sonics thread it's only right to have a Blazers thread.
don't feel bad.. our team has issues
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

big ups to BRoy tho~ GO DAWGS.
pimp.gif

Bayless and Batum after everything settled from yesterday. If Bayless can have a strong showing at the summer league he probably has good chance of starting. As for the comment about the Blazers looking good on paper, they're already a solid team. 41-41 isn't bad in a conference as competitive as the West,and there's no way Oden or any of the new players will deter from that.

sick sick sick sick sick.

i guess the portland team is officially my "home team" (or the closest anyways) now that the sonics are gone.

let me clarify, i don't live in seattle. i don't even live in united states. first i scared away the grizzlies. now the sonics are gone. i love theblazers, but beware.

bayless, roy, webster (breakout season?), aldridge, oden

with blake (this guy is underrated), outlaw, frye, prysbilla, sergio and rudy off the bench? i'm so psyched for the next 5 years.

i still can't believe my other team (suns) just gave rudy away for free.

btw, there's mad hype about rudy on the blazers site.

Back
Top Bottom