OFFICIAL POST YOUR BMX...vol. you're never too old...pg. 12 updated w/ pics

Originally Posted by imthekang

sick....
Thanks bro.
pimp.gif

here's mine
ohwell.gif

it's a diamondback joker from 98. in the middle of restoring it right now. this pic makes it look a lot better than it does in person
laugh.gif
. i'm in the process of stripping it down and priming it for paint since the chrome has completely chipped/rusted away in some areas. i need to replace a couple of things on it, but i'm not sure if it's worth putting too much money into. 

forgot how
pimp.gif
riding a bike is though.

4c715d4664da2d1c4cd15919fc43b8d35e91d0f.jpg

cousin just sold me a bike, thick frame but it says vertical on the seat. anybody know bout verticals? ill post pics later but it's spray painted all black including the stickers other wise i'd give a name

Great thread FAM!!

i don't have any pics to contribute as yet cause i have yet to finish my project but i'm building up a Haro bike for nostalgic reasons and to ride around the neighborhood
tongue.gif

i'm using a Mirra Pro S351 frame, stripped it of all decals and paint. I basically want to build it into the bike I always loved and never had....the Blammo
smokin.gif

not sure what color i'm going with, it's either going to be Red, Blue, or Grey

I've still got a ways to go with it, just need to put more money into the parts but i'm really focused on finding the crucial parts.

I've already got a Haro Nuke ring, Big Block Stem, Kneesaver 2's(also got some Bully Bars that look like the Kneesavers that i bought before i found the actual Haro bars). The cranks, seatpost and seat will be some updated choices......but i've just been having a ridiculously hard time finding the Blammo decals from '98-'01
mad.gif
frown.gif

i think i'm just gonna have to find some HQ pics and see if i can get a graphic artist to recreate the decals for me to have them made up. or maybe i'll find someone with HQ scans of the decals
nerd.gif

real dope contributions from everyone
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Great thread FAM!!

i don't have any pics to contribute as yet cause i have yet to finish my project but i'm building up a Haro bike for nostalgic reasons and to ride around the neighborhood
tongue.gif

i'm using a Mirra Pro S351 frame, stripped it of all decals and paint. I basically want to build it into the bike I always loved and never had....the Blammo
smokin.gif

not sure what color i'm going with, it's either going to be Red, Blue, or Grey

I've still got a ways to go with it, just need to put more money into the parts but i'm really focused on finding the crucial parts.

I've already got a Haro Nuke ring, Big Block Stem, Kneesaver 2's(also got some Bully Bars that look like the Kneesavers that i bought before i found the actual Haro bars). The cranks, seatpost and seat will be some updated choices......but i've just been having a ridiculously hard time finding the Blammo decals from '98-'01
mad.gif
frown.gif

i think i'm just gonna have to find some HQ pics and see if i can get a graphic artist to recreate the decals for me to have them made up. or maybe i'll find someone with HQ scans of the decals
nerd.gif

real dope contributions from everyone
smokin.gif
The Blammo 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wanted this one so bad back in the day 
frown.gif

image2.aspx

Selecta - SoCal Here. Let me know once you've organize the ride, I'm down

Used to freestyle back in the day (Martin Aparijo style
wink.gif
)Now I just chill on 26's

old ride - Volume Sledgehammer
2806501729_2a8ba7a43f_z.jpg

2855694952_91931d092c.jpg

new ride
2972936360_bc71e95cb2_z.jpg

3598299781_0aaedb92a8_z.jpg

Got some 26" Araya's
3779818085_7fa8b5eab7_o.jpg

Witness - yea that's basically what i wanted....but in red. Yellow was the 2nd color i wanted but i already have a yellow MTB so i'm trying to do something different for this one.

i saw you're a Haro fan as well, same here. GT, Dyno, and Hoffman were all great amongst a few others....but Haro's are by far my favorite.

the last one i had was the Cozmo that was stolen from a friends backyard that i let borrow my bike like a real idiot
mad.gif
(
indifferent.gif
@ myelf)

had a few from the others brands as well...performer, compe, slammer...all were hand me downs and 2nd hand purchases. The cozmo was the first brand new bmx i ever bought, enjoyed it for three years before the tragedy
eyes.gif

Chris - real dope
smokin.gif
.....never rode a 26 but i'll have to give it a try soon enough.

BG (Chris): Nice rides!! Check you inbox. There's a big ride that the 4130 BMX club is doing in June; the 11th I believe, down in HB. See if you can round up some of the other NT/non NT riders, and see if we can get a 'team' together...lol...like we're not on enough teams here...hahahah!!!!

Mayhem: Have you tried bmxmuseum.com, they have a b/s thread you can thumb through. Check it out.

BG, nice rides! I coulda sworn I seen em on one of them bmx sites before. Are there any other NT'ers on any bmx sites? I am cal10guy on bmxmuseum, bmxsociety and vintagebmx, although I don't post much. Hope I could make one of those SoCal rides, especially in OC! SoCal is like old school bmx heaven. All the big names/old school "celebs" show up to y'all swapmeets and sometimes rides. Perfect riding weather, beachside trail and them fine *#$ SoCal beach honies. **sigh**.  

Only beach rides happnin round here would be in Santa Cruz, Monterey or maybe SF. Which means it would be hella cold, lol. Our only redeeming quality would be we got better smoke to make the ride more 
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
alien.gif
    lol

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

Jae, are the pegs welded onto the rear and the forks, or can they be removed?
they can be removed, unlike the residue left from the decals. getting rid of that has been a pain. 
is dan's comp the best/cheapest place to get stuff online? they kinda seem like the eastbay of bmx.

Battle, that bike is so nice
pimp.gif

I just bought a 2011 DK Cynus. Haro is up there, but DK is a sleeper. It's on 24's, but I'm trying to get a new seat, because well ya'll know BMX bikes have rocks for seats
laugh.gif
Also might get it on 26's as well seeing as i use it to cruise from the park and to school.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

they can be removed, unlike the residue left from the decals. getting rid of that has been a pain. 
is dan's comp the best/cheapest place to get stuff online? they kinda seem like the eastbay of bmx.

Try spraying a little WD-40 on the residue and wipe/scrape it off w/ a towel. If its hard to get off still, you can try scraping it off w/ your fingers with the towel over your hand. Hopefully that makes sense. That's what I did for my bike and now its residue free. I'll post some pics when I actually take some.

Dan's comp is a good site for all new school and some retro stuff, and coloredtuffs and porkchop bmx the sies for more anodized colors and retro stuff

Originally Posted by jell0man

Try spraying a little WD-40 on the residue and wipe/scrape it off w/ a towel. If its hard to get off still, you can try scraping it off w/ your fingers with the towel over your hand. Hopefully that makes sense. That's what I did for my bike and now its residue free. I'll post some pics when I actually take some.
wd40 and goo gone had ZERO effect on it
laugh.gif
.  i ended up having to dremel the residue with a steel brush tip to separate it the best i could. then i had to go at it with some 200 grit sandpaper.  this was some kind of super decal glue they used.
30t6p3b.gif

i actually just finished putting everything back together. removing the decals and the residue they left was the worst and most time consuming part. 

fc53596d442a65c6d957213d1979e16a2875466.jpg

Originally Posted by jell0man

wd40 and goo gone had ZERO effect on it
laugh.gif
.  i ended up having to dremel the residue with a steel brush tip to separate it the best i could. then i had to go at it with some 200 grit sandpaper.  this was some kind of super decal glue they used.
30t6p3b.gif

i actually just finished putting everything back together. removing the decals and the residue they left was the worst and most time consuming part. 
Dog that bike is sick.

I need to get back to BMX... did it for like the entire middle school. Dunno if I'll take it to college though...

Mayhem: Have you tried bmxmuseum.com, they have a b/s thread you can thumb through. Check it out.
yea, i check in there every so often...think i made a wanted post up there as well. gotta make it a daily check in though, i'd hate to miss out on those decals.

If you're checking bmxmuseum, be sure to peep both For Sale sections ("old" and "beta"). Many times it's different items for either section. I've gotten some pretty good deals on some hard to find stuff in both sections. You guys seem to be more "mid-school" than "old-school" so your stuff should be easier to find. Bmxmuseum is part of my daily routine, usually right after NT, lol.

On another note, I am just a set of pedals, a seat and a seatpost away from completing my 24 inch Quad! I will be rollin on a fresh new bike for San Jose Bike Party on April 15th! Can't wait to post pics!

408, post pics when you come back, I wanna see how big that one turns out. As for me, I am waiting until June for the big SoCal one down here. Trying to cop one more bike before that time...craigslist got sellers with some deals.

Back
Top Bottom