OFFICIAL POST YOUR BMX...vol. you're never too old...pg. 12 updated w/ pics

2wcqpsj.jpg

Ok y'all, here's another one of my trips this weekend. BBQ/BMX and some friends in the LBC, enjoy!!!

The homie and his daughter's Performers

and the homie Mario brought the pup along to see the bikes.

BUMP! Wow that event looks pretty coo, I wish Vegas had something like that. I have a 92' GT Interceptor coming in a few days, I'll be sure to post pics...

last bike i had was a haro revo..thing was heavier than a @*!@!. im thinking of getting bacc in the street scene. who makes light, STRONG frames? im building one up

Ty: I thought that there was a ride out iN Vegas a week or so ago. Keep checking the events pg. on bmxmuseum.com forums for the info.

Originally Posted by Luciano Jones

last bike i had was a haro revo..thing was heavier than a @*!@!. im thinking of getting bacc in the street scene. who makes light, STRONG frames? im building one up
I'd say the best companies out now as far as light and strong and good for street abuse is like Fit, Sunday, Cult (One of my fave companies out now), We The People and Skavenger just came out with 2 frames that are AWESOME. Good luck with your build its always fun to build up a new bike.

And I think someone in here was looking for a Mirraco Chocolate before I'll scroll back to see if I can find you but Danscomp now has them in stock again.

Just got this mostly original 92' GT (seller's pic) I never seen one that's originally blue so I had to get it...
e04fsz.jpg

Anyone paint their bike? Is it a long process? Im thinking about re-painting mine, just to change it up...

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Anyone paint their bike? Is it a long process? Im thinking about re-painting mine, just to change it up...
Pretty easy. Its pretty long but its straight forward. All you gotta do is take your bike apart and sand whatever you're painting so the spray paint can stick. Then do a couple layers allowing each layer to dry for a few and wait a while before you rebuild it up. They say its best to let it sit for like 24 hours but i never do lol. I usually go dark colors flat black being my favorite so I don't even do too much sanding I just rough the surface up a bit and the flat primer sticks fine. But yeah it should take you all of like 2-3 hours of that to break your bike down, sandpaper and paint. The rest is just waiting for it to dry fully.

If your bike is chrome, sand and use an adhesion promoter before the paint (helps it "stick") to be on the safe side. I"m currently in the process of restoring my bmx bike from the dead.

Just Krylon or whatever as far as paint. People go OD and use like 3 different types of sand paper and all that but you can get away with just using 180 grit paper and 2-3 coats of primer. Then let the primer fully dry, after that do a layer of whatever color you want, let that dry completely then hit it again. Do like 3 layers just to be safe making sure you let every layer fully dry before you do the next and you should be good to go.

Little tip on primers is if you want a bright color use a white primer and darker color use black. You should be straight though bro its pretty easy cant really mess it up. Just keep the spray like 8+ inches from the frame so you dont get any drips and make sure you go in the same direction.

Originally Posted by Mccheesy

If your bike is chrome, sand and use an adhesion promoter before the paint (helps it "stick") to be on the safe side. I"m currently in the process of restoring my bmx bike from the dead.

Painting chrome is like a sin! Chrome is too dope unless of course its all banged up.

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Just got this mostly original 92' GT (seller's pic) I never seen one that's originally blue so I had to get it...
e04fsz.jpg

SWEET!!!  You get a steal on it?  '92 was prob. my fav. year for GT's next to '96 and up.

Originally Posted by Capo617

Originally Posted by Mccheesy

Painting chrome is like a sin! Chrome is too dope unless of course its all banged up.

Lightly sand chrome to take away any imperfections, then throw a bunch of coats of clear on it, wowfactor
or even on a raw frame aswell

Originally Posted by SelectaClutchStar

e04fsz.jpg

SWEET!!!  You get a steal on it?  '92 was prob. my fav. year for GT's next to '96 and up.

Nah more like an ok deal, it was $140shpd but most of that went into shipping. Plus I havent seen many OG blue ones, so it was worth it to me...

e04fsz.jpg

Nah more like an ok deal, it was $140shpd but most of that went into shipping. Plus I havent seen many OG blue ones, so it was worth it to me...
That's not too bad.

Met and rode with Nigel Sylvester and Mike Brennan from the Animal team yesterday. Came byt the shop to ride and chill for the day. Fun time the free stuff give away was the greatest thing I've seen in a while. kids going hard for free stuff falling on each other and bikes
laugh.gif

Henz: nice rides, both yours?

My bro swagger jacked me after I copped mine & got the blue one
laugh.gif
He +@%@*# them both up tho
30t6p3b.gif
, to the shop they go

Back
Top Bottom