**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

congrats!

no joke it's like having a child. it's impossible not to get attached.

Anyone have a shiba inu?
I'm getting one from my friend who is moving away, believes he's 7 months, I got 2 poms currently about the same age, was wondering how shiba are in general

Anyone have a shiba inu?
I'm getting one from my friend who is moving away, believes he's 7 months, I got 2 poms currently about the same age, was wondering how shiba are in general

2001blk-w800h800z1-28915-doge.jpg

plz cop one of these for yourself.

Not feelin the name for real??? Or you hating the kid Bowman out there. Haha. He's a 50% cane corso 25% pit bull % 12.5% Rottweiler 12.5% dogue de Bordeaux

Just messing w you cause hes a 9er... But there may be something to be said about giving your dog a 2 syllable name. I believe it becomes a bit more difficult for them to learn their name if its longer.

Not sure how much it really matters but maybe do some quick reading and decide for yourself.

Can anyone recommend me reputable adoption spots in NY/NYC (besides Northshore out in LI because it's the most well known)?

I may be moving into an apartment building within the next few months, and I've never had a dog before so I figure what better time than then.

Can anyone recommend me reputable adoption spots in NY/NYC (besides Northshore out in LI because it's the most well known)?

I may be moving into an apartment building within the next few months, and I've never had a dog before so I figure what better time than then.

http://www.nycacc.org/Adopt.htm
http://www.aspca.org/nyc/adoptable-dogs

Might I recommend a smaller dog. Many landlords are weary of big dogs especially bully breeds. A big dog may diminish the number of available apts to you.

Dont do that bro go save a life...
Thousands of dogs ny are killed everyday in pounds... It's Cheaper and get a younger one so it's more trainable and more likely to forget it's past..or go get an old vet dog

They're more appreciative than other dogs trust me they no u saved them

Dont do that bro go save a life...
Thousands of dogs ny are killed everyday in pounds... It's Cheaper and get a younger one so it's more trainable and more likely to forget it's past..or go get an old vet dog

They're more appreciative than other dogs trust me they no u saved them

Don't do what? I said in my post that I was looking to adopt haha. I only want to adopt anyway.

I'm saying forget rescues and adoption spots those dogs are safe and out of play from death...

Hit the pound the places where dogs get euthanized to save one them..alot get like 30 days to get adopted then they put em down..big piles of dead dogs.:smh:

Last edited:
I've been trying to hold out for a French bulldog but they are expensive and I can't find one for adoption. After going to that link I might go look at this little homie from the Brooklyn shelter:

I've been trying to hold out for a French bulldog but they are expensive and I can't find one for adoption. After going to that link I might go look at this little homie from the Brooklyn shelter:

Looks great..u can see something in the eyes on him..

Do it...just make sure you no what your doing..it's a long term commitment and work but worth it..

Very very smart loyal dogs..those dogs are the total package.. I've got sumthing similar I posted few pages back..French bulldogs are good but these dogs are great..they think more like people..

U ever had this breed before?

Last edited:
It will be my first time with this breed but been around them since there's a couple on my block. Quick question, how are they with other dogs? I have a 11 year old shih tzu in my house now

Eeehhh... Male or female shih tzu??

Where is this dog at a rescue or a pound or what? Send me a link of the place if u want/can..it will help..

Every dog is diffrent...there usually people's best friend and are capable of living with other dogs if dine right..
They are sometimes possibly animal aggressive but possibly animals best friend as well..depending on the dog and how he was raised just like humans

It will take time to mesh them..but as long as the pit isn't lunging toward your **** Zu aggressively hell be good..it's usually the **** Zu small dogs who are the **** starters..

Wire kennels in the house are a must for these guys for when your not home.it will be his home within the home where he feels most safe and comfortable

Post a link of where the dogs at..
I used to.breed hi end show grade pit bulls for a living.. Anything u need to no i cab help id be glad to if it helps one get adopted

It will be my first time with this breed but been around them since there's a couple on my block. Quick question, how are they with other dogs? I have a 11 year old shih tzu in my house now

Depends on all kinds of stuff man. Changes from dog to dog, prior experiences, other dogs. Hard to say. My dog is great with other dogs because when she was little I took her around other dogs. My brothers on the other hand was kept away so doesn't do well with other dogs.

Also my dog is a monster compared to most, but thinks she's a lap dog so sometimes comes off too aggressive.

But to answer your question, they can be great with other dogs. Shelters usually can give you an idea on how that dog does with others (usually won't put up for adoption if aggressive). Hope my babbling helps.

Eeehhh... Male or female shih tzu??

Where is this dog at a rescue or a pound or what? Send me a link of the place if u want/can..it will help..

Every dog is diffrent...there usually people's best friend and are capable of living with other dogs if dine right..
They are sometimes possibly animal aggressive but possibly animals best friend as well..depending on the dog and how he was raised just like humans

It will take time to mesh them..but as long as the pit isn't lunging toward your **** Zu aggressively hell be good..it's usually the **** Zu small dogs who are the **** starters..

Wire kennels in the house are a must for these guys for when your not home.it will be his home within the home where he feels most safe and comfortable

Post a link of where the dogs at..
I used to.breed hi end show grade pit bulls for a living.. Anything u need to no i cab help id be glad to if it helps one get adopted

Well damn, stole my thunder

Back
Top Bottom