**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

Just picked my handsome boy up from the groomers:

92A40C21-C4EF-4821-AF41-9903FF2D7832.jpeg

Nah Oso means bear in Spanish :lol:

I’m still kinda deciding on a name
Oso
Theo
Bas/Baz

Any tips on potty/housebreaking training?
This is my first dog on my own. My collie died when I was 16 (31 now). I asked my parents how they trained the collie, they said we dont remember, its been so long. :lol:

This is my first dog on my own. My collie died when I was 16 (31 now). I asked my parents how they trained the collie, they said we dont remember, its been so long. :lol:
What we did when we first got our husky puppy at 8 weeks was regulate her water intake and take her outside once every 4 hours (2 - 6 - 10am/pm). I worked 5 mins away from my job so I could dip out for a little bit and get back. I told my boss and clients too and they didn’t trip.

Don’t leave the water bowl accessible at all times. We gave her water then 20 mins later take her outside and wait. Once she peed give her a treat and give positive reinforcement.

After about 3 weeks she’d start to wait by the door when she needed to go out. We also had to physically carry her until we were outside or she’d pee in the hallway or elevator… We eventually started taking the stairs and that helped to start. Then graduated to the elevator. Just kept talking to her keeping her attention not letting her sniff around.

It takes patience and commitment. Any deviation from the plan sets you back. Also be prepared for the occasional accident. It happens but after a few weeks it should be a very rare occurrence.

I picked up my puppy when he was eight weeks and he's now four months. At first, I had a closed playpen with pee pads laid down. I put him in his playpen to potty every 90 minutes or when I noticed him sniffing around. Then after maybe three weeks, I opened up the playpen so he could go in and out when he had to. I reward him with treats every time he goes. I used to have to take him in the middle of the night, but he's been able to hold it in since probably 10 weeks. I also took him outside a few times a day and he's good going indoors and outdoors now.

He hasn't had a "real" accident in awhile. More like misfires where he'll potty too close to the edge and it leaks to the floor.

Thank you for the advice guys.
Mickey has been going on the wee wee pad and not on the wee wee pad. Depends on how hes feeling lol

He just left a landmine that I missed when walking. Lol

Thank you for the advice guys.
Mickey has been going on the wee wee pad and not on the wee wee pad. Depends on how hes feeling lol

He just left a landmine that I missed when walking. Lol
I had a helluva time trying to train my boy. He would just start pissing with no warning or anything

just be consistent, positive reinforcement (treats) as mentioned

Back
Top Bottom