**OFFICIAL POST YOUR **VINTAGE** SNAPBACKS THREAD**

Originally Posted by Black Star

Originally Posted by kingoffitteds

YMCMB SnapBack Hat
YMCMB-OFFICIAL-SNAPBACK.002.jpg

YMCMB-OFFICIAL-SNAPBACK.003.jpg

Son are you serious?Can you read titles?

no one is gonna make a post "current" snapbacks in a different thread though
laugh.gif

are we still really having this debate
30t6p3b.gif
the only reason mosthated is going so hard is because hes copping for $3 each & selling for 30+ hop off your damn soap box its not that serious people are entitled to thier own opinion on things dude damn
30t6p3b.gif
.... & before anyone else starts i own 40+ new era fitteds & own 5-10 vintage snapbacks...no M&N's as of yet

30t6p3b.gif
the only reason mosthated is going so hard is because hes copping for $3 each & selling for 30+ hop off your damn soap box its not that serious people are entitled to thier own opinion on things dude damn
30t6p3b.gif
.... & before anyone else starts i own 40+ new era fitteds & own 5-10 vintage snapbacks...no M&N's as of yet

Originally Posted by ColdCity

30t6p3b.gif
the only reason mosthated is going so hard is because hes copping for $3 each & selling for 30+ hop off your damn soap box its not that serious people
this
I hate when someone posts info or a pic and people go crazy,

he never posted it as a pick up 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ColdCity

30t6p3b.gif
the only reason mosthated is going so hard is because hes copping for $3 each & selling for 30+ hop off your damn soap box its not that serious people
this
I hate when someone posts info or a pic and people go crazy,

he never posted it as a pick up 
laugh.gif

ninjahood wrote:

laugh.gif

more then half the hats in this thread arent vintage, and honestly alot of these vintage hats look like dog crap that no one would actually wear in public. I dont really care if its new or old ima wear the one that looks and fits the best.

ninjahood wrote:

laugh.gif

more then half the hats in this thread arent vintage, and honestly alot of these vintage hats look like dog crap that no one would actually wear in public. I dont really care if its new or old ima wear the one that looks and fits the best.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by KEARSE15

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

my homeboy is like that too 
eyes.gif
 he's always doggin on mitchell and ness snpabacks, if it looks nice ill rock it. i own 1 new era snapback and all my other ones are vintage. they vary in size soo much. i personally havent tried a M & N one but they sizing looks on point for someone with a bigger dome like mine. and i totally agree with what ninja, my vintage bulls snapback looking like its youth sized on my head 
sick.gif
 and the starter one is slightly bigger but still slightly small. im 6 ft btw head size in fitted is 7 3/8
If Nike brought back the sports specialties brand to retro the og snapbacks to look like the originals, I would be ok with that. But when its Mitchell and Ness, who never produced caps in the 90's, starts mass producing them with their logo whored across the back of it, its just an "imitation" of the original - especially when og's are still relatively easy to acquire on the internet depending on rarity.

People feel like a more "authentic" part of a movement or community by having the real thing - having the original suggests one is more of a trend setter (who has since been embraced and copied) rather than a trend follower, and trend setters consider themselves more superior contributors to a movement than the followers. Thats why people pay $100-150 for a $10 hat in 2011, to offer the illusion of longevity in the movement and the community which follows it.
damn hypebeasts need to get off their soapboxes please...
laugh.gif

M&N earn they're stripes making authentic reproductions of original styled jerseys...so they have every right, and all da clout they need to make these snapbacks...

fact of da matter is no one over 6 feet is gonna cop a vintage snapback and look "good" with it on with today's sizing...M&N addressed that early on by making their snapbacks

alot more bigger fitting so a guy he isn't built like bow-wow can actually rock em and not look like he stole his lil brother's cap...to their credit they even bested New era,..their

snapbacks suck.

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

my homeboy is like that too 
eyes.gif
 he's always doggin on mitchell and ness snpabacks, if it looks nice ill rock it. i own 1 new era snapback and all my other ones are vintage. they vary in size soo much. i personally havent tried a M & N one but they sizing looks on point for someone with a bigger dome like mine. and i totally agree with what ninja, my vintage bulls snapback looking like its youth sized on my head 
sick.gif
 and the starter one is slightly bigger but still slightly small. im 6 ft btw head size in fitted is 7 3/8
If Nike brought back the sports specialties brand to retro the og snapbacks to look like the originals, I would be ok with that. But when its Mitchell and Ness, who never produced caps in the 90's, starts mass producing them with their logo whored across the back of it, its just an "imitation" of the original - especially when og's are still relatively easy to acquire on the internet depending on rarity.

People feel like a more "authentic" part of a movement or community by having the real thing - having the original suggests one is more of a trend setter (who has since been embraced and copied) rather than a trend follower, and trend setters consider themselves more superior contributors to a movement than the followers. Thats why people pay $100-150 for a $10 hat in 2011, to offer the illusion of longevity in the movement and the community which follows it.
damn hypebeasts need to get off their soapboxes please...
laugh.gif

M&N earn they're stripes making authentic reproductions of original styled jerseys...so they have every right, and all da clout they need to make these snapbacks...

fact of da matter is no one over 6 feet is gonna cop a vintage snapback and look "good" with it on with today's sizing...M&N addressed that early on by making their snapbacks

alot more bigger fitting so a guy he isn't built like bow-wow can actually rock em and not look like he stole his lil brother's cap...to their credit they even bested New era,..their

snapbacks suck.

Very true what ninjahood said.... I'm 34 years old and 6'4 and those vintage hats fits me like $&@?... Lol... Gave mine to some family members... I been buying quite a few m&n snaps lately... They fit me perfect ! And I'm not on any type of bandwagon ,I'm just happy to see something come back that we wore half my life..lol....I can Definatly respect the vintage thing but it doesn't work for everybody...

Very true what ninjahood said.... I'm 34 years old and 6'4 and those vintage hats fits me like $&@?... Lol... Gave mine to some family members... I been buying quite a few m&n snaps lately... They fit me perfect ! And I'm not on any type of bandwagon ,I'm just happy to see something come back that we wore half my life..lol....I can Definatly respect the vintage thing but it doesn't work for everybody...

Originally Posted by loskickking23

Just wanted to add this in that most people dont know: Mitchell & Ness's headwear designer actually worked for a bunch of different hat companies in the 1990s and designed alot of the original ones people pay big money for now. No, M&N was not producing hats back then but their designer was designing them.  If anyone is mass producing snapbacks its New Era, IMO they are overkilling it.  Transformers snapbacks? Come on son. M&N has a lot of nice "Retros" I guess you could call them coming out towards the end of the year and next year, stay tuned.

Originally Posted by loskickking23

Just wanted to add this in that most people dont know: Mitchell & Ness's headwear designer actually worked for a bunch of different hat companies in the 1990s and designed alot of the original ones people pay big money for now. No, M&N was not producing hats back then but their designer was designing them.  If anyone is mass producing snapbacks its New Era, IMO they are overkilling it.  Transformers snapbacks? Come on son. M&N has a lot of nice "Retros" I guess you could call them coming out towards the end of the year and next year, stay tuned.

Yea cosigning other people on M&N snapbacks.

Quality is good and shape is good as well. I been picking up as many of the script ones as I can.

Yea cosigning other people on M&N snapbacks.

Quality is good and shape is good as well. I been picking up as many of the script ones as I can.

Back
Top Bottom