Official Premier League 07-08 Post

Anybody want to hook it up with making me a Man U avy?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

indifferent.gif

Boca - Libertadores, Latin Player of the Year, Argentine Champions

Corinthians - Brazilian Champion (however set up that championship was
grin.gif
), Player of the Year, etc.

His success came long before the Olympics

Congrats, you fell in love with Tevez before "Carlos Tevez."

spider_cookie.jpg

I hate Tevez.

During the summer last year I saw Chelsea and Club America play an exhibition game at Stanford University and I think a couple other Premier League teams didsomething similar. Does anyone know if any teams from the Premier League doing that again?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
@ the SAF avy, looks thug
smokin.gif

rumors..... ronaldo supposedly saying hes tired of being in england or something like that i read on goal.com, reportedly from a spanish paper. i really dont believe anything i read, cuz these papers are worse than the LA/NY TIMES in fabricating stories to sell papers.

i read michael owen to old trafford, and ricardo quaresma as well. i want quaresma and moutinho
eek.gif
smokin.gif

I think that Owen is basically washed up. And did you see how much Porto wants for Quarmesma??
eek.gif
Freaking 40 million Euros + .

laugh.gif
i agree on Owen. had a laugh reading the english rags saying owen is needed with saha on his way out to take his place on the medical table
laugh.gif

i saw portos asking price, but these clubs always post such a high price tag. they know their stars WANT to leave to a big league, and they will have tosuffice sooner or later

During the summer last year I saw Chelsea and Club America play an exhibition game at Stanford University and I think a couple other Premier League teams did something similar. Does anyone know if any teams from the Premier League doing that again?

Teams always do little international tours over the summer, but that might be lessened this year thanks to Euro 2008. Its hard to find just general games that'll be in the US so search some clubs you're interested in and see if they're doing anything.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

pimp.gif
@ my man Carlos Tevez winning the Premiership title.

indifferent.gif
@ winning it with Manchester United.

laugh.gif
, jk, I crowned Man Utd. as champs back in August. This seemed like a transition year for Chelsea and Arsenal. Next year I expect more of a challenge for the Premiership title.

indifferent.gif
at you claiming he's "your man" when you only caught onto him after he was in Europe.

indifferent.gif

2004 Olympics son

indifferent.gif

grin.gif

Why are you always so salty for?
laugh.gif

It's funny because your acting like a know-it-all but you forgot that Tevez won Olympic Gold before moving to Brazil.
As for C. Ronaldo, I thinkhe'll make his decision based on the Champions League finals. If Man Utd. wins then I think he has nothing left to accomplish with them, he might look topursue other challenges with a different mega-club.

great title for us. went down to the wire. always fun when that happens. hope we can do the double. im in japan and my neighbors are spurs supporters haha.lets get the double boys!

if CR17 were to leave, i cannot imagine what it would take from the current squad to step up to fill his void. but as in the past with #7s leaving the club,someone unexpected has stepped it up Beckham,Ruud, CR. the amount of $$$$ we would be set to get has got to be enormous
eek.gif
eek.gif

but Becks, Cantona (previous 7's) and Ruud (who was actually 10), I don't think, were anywhere as important/vital to the team as Ronny is...

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
ill slap myself, i got ruud and becks mixed up for some reason

i agree with your statement though. it WILL be tough, but i think this is one of the most strongest squads in quite some time. SIGN QUARESMA AND MOUTINHO!!!!!
laugh.gif

I see on goal.com that chelsea is close to signing giovani, this CANNOT HAPPEN! one of my favorite mexican players cant play for the enemy
frown.gif

no one watched the FA cup?

one of the most boring games ive seen...but atleast it was better than last years

I did... thought it was strange that NO ONE brought it up...

the last 20 mins was pretty exciting... but that was about it...

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

indifferent.gif

grin.gif

Congrats, you fell in love with Tevez before "Carlos Tevez."

spider_cookie.jpg

I hate Tevez.

is it just me or does the cookie look like it has spiders in it

where was the damn game broadcast?!?! it wasnt on FSN or Setanta, at least it wasnt on the guides
smh.gif

question, maybe some of you would know... next year when i take my vacation out there, im interested in bringing or sending a full on satellite dish set upback home so i wont miss a match. is this possible? i know people have the mexico SKY dishes lowkey set up around here, i was wondering if it would be the samefor the UK one

C. Ronaldo said yesterday something that we all knew already..."I'll evaluate where I want to play next season based on what happens in the UCLfinals".

I think he really wants to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona but Man Utd. is going to ask for a ridiculous amount. Probably the largest transfer fee inhistory which will pretty much force other clubs to back away.

he does, ive come to terms with it. get that €80 million since calderon says money isnt a problem for CR17, and move on quickly if we want the best playersthis transfer window

Im going to London to visit a friend this Jan. 2009 and was wondering when schedules and such are realized so I can make sure to get tickets to an Arsenalmatch.

Thanks guys

I see on goal.com that chelsea is close to signing giovani, this CANNOT HAPPEN! one of my favorite mexican players cant play for the enemy
frown.gif

Dos Santos?
eek.gif
pimp.gif
I hadn't read that.

Aaaand if Cristiano leaves, I don't see who would be able to fill the void at all.
v5gadx.gif

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Im going to London to visit a friend this Jan. 2009 and was wondering when schedules and such are realized so I can make sure to get tickets to an Arsenal match.

Thanks guys
i believe at the end of next month, it comes a week after the championship announces theirs usually

frown.gif

Dos Santos?
eek.gif
pimp.gif
I hadn't read that.
Aaaand if Cristiano leaves, I don't see who would be able to fill the void at all.
v5gadx.gif

As far as filling the gap, you wouldnt be able to with one player, but get some high caliber players on that pitch, we should be alright, right?
ohwell.gif

heres the gio article...

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=695098
[h1]Chelsea Close In On Dos Santos - Report[/h1]
[h2]Chelsea are thought to be close to landing Barcelona youngster Giovani dos Santos...[/h2]

15742_news.jpg

galleria zoom

The 18-year-old has been touted as an incredible prospect for a few years now, being likened to Ronaldinho, singled out for praise by Sir Alex Ferguson at the tender age of 14 and eventually making his breakthrough into the first team this season.

However, it has been a poor season for the Blaugrana, and he has not been able to settle in as he would have liked, either. Filling in for the phenomenal Lionel Messi - who missed crucial parts of the season due to injury - proved a bridge too far for the Mexican, who was somewhat underwhelming in comparison to fellow wonderkid, Bojan Krkic.

It has been rumoured that the forward is willing to leave the club unless he can be offered an improved contract, with Manchester City and Chelsea reportedly interested in the player several months ago.

It is Chelsea who are now said to still be in the hunt for his services, with the club having held talks with the player's parents and agent.

With a contract worth £40,000 per week - an astonishing amount for a player of that age - the deal is said to be all but done, with a fee needing to be agreed between the two clubs.

Back
Top Bottom