Official Pro Football Hall of Fame Thread: Inductees Announced @ 7pm NFL Network

This probably lets us know more modern WRs will have a hard time gettin in too.

Guys like Marvin Harrison, TO, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, even guys like Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald.

This probably lets us know more modern WRs will have a hard time gettin in too.

Guys like Marvin Harrison, TO, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, even guys like Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald.

faulk.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by CanIFly34

Originally Posted by senor chang

wow cris carter still not in
tired.gif
This
And BUS not getting in
mad.gif

I was about to make the trip to Canton to see him get in too
tired.gif

Relax its his first damn year.

Cris didnt get in?
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Why so hostel fam
laugh.gif
just showing some displeasure

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by CanIFly34

Originally Posted by senor chang

wow cris carter still not in
tired.gif
This
And BUS not getting in
mad.gif

I was about to make the trip to Canton to see him get in too
tired.gif

Relax its his first damn year.

Cris didnt get in?
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Why so hostel fam
laugh.gif
just showing some displeasure

Not hostile, just saying you shouldnt be heated that JB didnt get in on his first ballot... Itll come.

Cris Carter not being in is absurd.

Not hostile, just saying you shouldnt be heated that JB didnt get in on his first ballot... Itll come.

Cris Carter not being in is absurd.

Gunna, there are not true metrics when it comes to HOF votes in any sport my dude. You know better than that. Perception amongst other things that are intangible and not empirical play a huge factor. 

Gunna, there are not true metrics when it comes to HOF votes in any sport my dude. You know better than that. Perception amongst other things that are intangible and not empirical play a huge factor. 

Originally Posted by Durden7

Who would you take off the ballot then?

Not take anyone of the ballot per se but I think the HoF should have different categories for enshrinees like players and non-players/contributors.

That way Ed Sabol would get in as a contributor and free up a spot to give to another player like Cris Carter, Andre Reed, or Charles Haley.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but it looking like it's going to be extremely hard for these modern day WRs to get in seeing how long it's taking Cris Carter to get in.

Who would you take off the ballot then?

Not take anyone of the ballot per se but I think the HoF should have different categories for enshrinees like players and non-players/contributors.

That way Ed Sabol would get in as a contributor and free up a spot to give to another player like Cris Carter, Andre Reed, or Charles Haley.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but it looking like it's going to be extremely hard for these modern day WRs to get in seeing how long it's taking Cris Carter to get in.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Shouldnt it be that way though?

The HOF should be difficult to get in to. 

Edit:

I dislike the NFL's HOF system as well, but with keeping things the way they currently are who gets taken off of this list?

Its a numbers game so no one should be upset that he didnt make it.

Edit:

I dislike the NFL's HOF system as well, but with keeping things the way they currently are who gets taken off of this list?

u posted solely stats as evidence but when I tell u Curtis was never the best RB of his era like Faulk u yell me there's no true metrics...

Doesnt that defeat your stat based defense?

u posted solely stats as evidence but when I tell u Curtis was never the best RB of his era like Faulk u yell me there's no true metrics...

Doesnt that defeat your stat based defense?

Edit:

Yeah what I meant was dudes like Carter and Brown have put up outrageous numbers and they're finding it difficult to get in.

When dudes like Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson are eligible for induction they may have similar stats to Cris Carter and Tim Brown but their stats may be viewed as inflated by voters since they're playing in the "pass happy" period of the NFL.

Hence making it harder for them to get enshrined.

Back
Top Bottom