Official "Red Dead Redemption" post...The GTA of the wild west

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I played poker too... just a few hands, had pocket Kings and then a 3rd king and 7's came up on the flop
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Full house K's and 7's beat Rufus' 3 of a kind 7s... won me like $200

poker alone is addicting

Yeah for real! I went and played like an hour on it a lone. Went all in a couple of times and won. Beat out 2 of the 3 players but that one black guy kept along right with me the whole time. I'd come up some pots and he would. By the end of it, I just went all in on some 8 and 9 suited and dude took me out with a ace high. Weak.

I haven't even played online but on story mode, I am about 23% done. Seems way easier then the GTA series, which is a good thing since it is really rare that people even beat GTA. I feel like i have a sporting good chance and completing this before moving online. Graphics are sub par but Rockstar never puts out immaculate games anyways. Free roam level is good but it's starting to seem a lot smaller then I predicted, but I am assuming that has to do with no crazy cities like in GTA. I think the gem is voice over acting. Probably one of the best out there cause you really feel like you are in a western when they start talking.

Good game though but I would have gave it a low 9's rather then what IGN gave it.

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

Originally Posted by Mister916

Horseshoe tossing is hard as +%#*

laugh.gif
 you aint never lie... dude straight took me for 8 beans
After playing that and losing for 2 hour, I finally got it down. I smacked on my opponent.

This game is SICK!!! I been puttin in work since yesterday mornin.

I play alot of poker.... The one time I lost I swore the dude was cheating so I got up and shot dude in the face... Then paid of my $40 bounty like it was nothin.
Hunting is off the hook too... If you want a challenge go up to the top of the hill behind Mcfarlane Ranch and hunt Boars... Them *+!* will kill you easily.

Some sick *+!* I've done thus far... This lady flagged me down for help but was really trying to ambush me. So I killed the three goons hiding behind her wagon, lassoed her and drug her across town then hogtied her and left her on the train tracks.
That's how the west gets down....
pimp.gif

At what point do we get the sniper scope?

Also, during heads up shooting duels what button do you use to draw your weapon? Is it R1 or R2? I accidentally skipped the instructions the first time I did it and the instructions don't pop up anymore. 

Some sick %#!@ I've done thus far... This lady flagged me down for help but was really trying to ambush me. So I killed her three goons hiding behind her wagoon, lassoed her and drug her across town then hogtied her and left her on the train tracks.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Oh man I can't wait to play this game.  Definitely will try to put some time in tonight after the Lakers game!

Originally Posted by 430AM

Also, during heads up shooting duels what button do you use to draw your weapon? Is it R1 or R2? I accidentally skipped the instructions the first time I did it and the instructions don't pop up anymore. 
L2 to draw I think, R2 is to mark. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

uhhhh how do I lock on? for xbox360 i cant shoot animals for shh
laugh.gif

I am not sure if I have it on a easy setting but it has automatic lock when you crouch and aim. just hide behind something and when you pop up facing you enemy, your target is pretty much aimed right at him.

And to get the lasso, go to the chick that saves you and tame a horse I think with his dad or something. I don't lasso anything. I always do that dead aim system on all my targets.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Some sick %#!@ I've done thus far... This lady flagged me down for help but was really trying to ambush me. So I killed her three goons hiding behind her wagoon, lassoed her and drug her across town then hogtied her and left her on the train tracks.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Oh man I can't wait to play this game.  Definitely will try to put some time in tonight after the Lakers game!

Some sick *+!* I've done thus far... This lady flagged me down for help but was really trying to ambush me. So I killed the three goons hiding behind her wagon, lassoed her and drug her across town then hogtied her and left her on the train tracks.

Have you ever seen the movie High Plains Drifter?
As soon as Clint Eastwood rolls into town he rapes the first woman he sees (although she seemed like she wanted it).  Do they have that option in this game, or would that have been controversial like the Hot Coffee Mod or whatever it was called in GTA: SA?  Just wondering how accurately it depicts the Wild West.  Because in that situation, if I had the option in the game I would have raped her and then hogtied her and left her on the tracks.  If you really want to keep it real.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

uhhhh how do I lock on? for xbox360 i cant shoot animals for shh
laugh.gif

I am not sure if I have it on a easy setting but it has automatic lock when you crouch and aim. just hide behind something and when you pop up facing you enemy, your target is pretty much aimed right at him.

And to get the lasso, go to the chick that saves you and tame a horse I think with his dad or something. I don't lasso anything. I always do that dead aim system on all my targets.
got it..I had to change it to casual shooting..son they killed my horse
frown.gif
..wolves

Originally Posted by eaalto

Have you ever seen the movie High Plains Drifter?
As soon as Clint Eastwood rolls into town he rapes the first woman he sees (although she seemed like she wanted it).  Do they have that option in this game, or would that have been controversial like the Hot Coffee Mod or whatever it was called in GTA: SA?  Just wondering how accurately it depicts the Wild West.  Because in that situation, if I had the option in the game I would have raped her and then hogtied her and left her on the tracks.  If you really want to keep it real.

Haha naw.....no raping in the game. I would at least think you can get a *$%$+% at the saloon but I haven't seen anything like that so far.

if my horse were to die, will i be able get the same one back via whistle? 
i love my current horse.. dude is a beast through the plains. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

it is a good game for what it is...

but again OVER RATED JUST LIKE GTA4

starting to believe these people who do these rating sites are paid or have some interests. The game will be become very repetitive and boring after about 2 weeks.

9.7?

laughable.

Originally Posted by copped

starting to believe these people who do these rating sites are paid or have some interests. The game will be become very repetitive and boring after about 2 weeks.

9.7?

laughable.

real talk.. the ONLY games that arent considered repetitive nowadays are games with a hamster wheel-like (ironic?) progression system akin to COD4/MW2 & WoW.. 
just enjoy the game for what it is.  

Yesterday my boy dropped by and he killed 10 of his horses, layed out in a row, skinned them all 1 at a time, and then with the last horse jumped over all of them.
laugh.gif

10 dead, skinned horses is a sight to see. I told him to push the game to the limit, but we stopped at 10.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not sure how to embed, but here's the scene from High Plains Drifter I was talking about.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by copped

9.7?

laughable.

real talk.. the ONLY games that arent considered repetitive nowadays are games with a hamster wheel-like (ironic?) progression system akin to COD4/MW2 & WoW.. 
just enjoy the game for what it is.  

Word.

Most of the greatest games of all-time are just single player games, people are just used to online multiplayer with leveling up so that's all they care about.

A great single player game>

Anyway, getting my copy for my birthday next week, pretty pumped.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Spoiler [+]

roll.gif

is it a little disturbing that this scene had officially made me wanna buy the game now?
laugh.gif

Yeah...Uncharted 2 is such a better game from graphics, story, game play, etc. This game is good but 9.7 is way too damn high.

Back
Top Bottom