Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

smh at the lebrons for 170$ W.T.H?
yeah man i peeped that too, initially they were supposed to be $165 smh nike is just killing us with prices these day

Meh gonna go cop some Sprites with the China money, can't see me rocking these with jeans

cot damn these IX's are sicckkkkkk!!! Im gonna cop the black/red pair for ball this year!!! the tech and the design are well done!!! Im thinking bout jumping on the china pre order but I just cant do it, I cant order from overseas anymore.....never know what youre gonna get smh

Too bad we won't see these on the court this year with the lockout going the way it is. Will this be Lebron's Jordan IX??? An overlooked but underrated sneaker in the signature line??? Time will tell!

i just dont think the prices are really THAT bad, ok its 20 dollars more but im sure everyone waste more than 20 dollars a month.

if you really want to save money dont take your girl out to the movie just go to redbox

jfeyie.jpg

hvp3c9.jpg

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

since someone put pics up of the 7s..then we cant forget about these (my personal favorite hwc colorway)

i wish the 9s had a more casual look V1 and then had a more basketball type look V2 like they did with the 8s but im happy with the 9s overall

if only the 9s had a leather or suede version
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hands down the best lebron 8
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

since someone put pics up of the 7s..then we cant forget about these (my personal favorite hwc colorway)

i wish the 9s had a more casual look V1 and then had a more basketball type look V2 like they did with the 8s but im happy with the 9s overall

if only the 9s had a leather or suede version
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hands down the best lebron 8
pimp.gif
nike-lebron-8-svsm-away.jpg

it's this one actually...

Originally Posted by AMdoctor

i just dont think the prices are really THAT bad, ok its 20 dollars more but im sure everyone waste more than 20 dollars a month.

if you really want to save money dont take your girl out to the movie just go to redbox

id rather blow money out with my girl, instead of buying some weak design sneakers with some zoom/max air 1990s technology ( flywire is just laminated thread ) . As for " im sure everyone waste more than 20 dollars a month", thats exactly would it would be to pay an extra 20$ for these, a waste. Maybe its just cause penny hardaways sneakers had the exact same setup with better designs over a decade ago, the penny 1s, 2s , and 3s kill these, this is all IMO

Btw I would go with the knicks 8s over the SVSM's or whatever the letters to that school are, but they are both definitely either come in 1st or 2nd

So are the China 9's exclusive to China? Or will the US get the China 9's but without the "ED Hardy" design?

^Might be something like that. With the way Nike's done its recent China releases, it seems like the China themed shoes actually released over there gets something a little extra (i.e. Kobe VIs had special lacelocks and insoles, Lebron 8s had the stone lion on the tongue/heel), and the US edition is altered just a little bit. That "Ed Hardy" tongue design does definitely have some Chinese art inspiration though. At least we're sort of getting the Lion on the tongue there lol

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Everyone is forgetting that these will be on nikeID, so everyone who doesn't like the shade of blue of the Chinas can create their own HWC's

Here's my take on ID's.

Why is it that the inspiration of a shoe ALWAYS goes back to cw that they COULDN'T obtain initially or had. Here we go w/ the South Beach /BRED/concord 11's, HWC/Yeezy  inspirations.

Plus, I've noticed that Nike loves to leave out dope colors ( how many shades of university reds or treasure blues do you need?) and color blocking is off (let's say you just want to color in the tongue, BUT it also colors in the midsole as well
ohwell.gif
.)

To add fuel to the fire, the cost. Everyone complaining about the GR $170 price, doesn't ID's tack on an extra 20-30 plus shipping and tax( I have yet to get free shipping on an ID)
indifferent.gif

in the end, nike wins
laugh.gif

alien.gif

You guys are complaining about a $10.00 upcharge....smh
Come on people, its not even that serious. You have to realize Nike is a Buisness. 10 is not that much of a diffrence. You dont have to buy the shoes if you dont want em.

A $10 upcharge is disappointing, but let's look at the big picture...LeBron 4s=$150(MSRP) 5s=$140; 6s=$140, 7&8s=160 and of course 9s for $170.

I can understand that growth more than the recent hike of price with Jordan Retros. Military Jordan IVs (GR Retro IVs in general) retailed for $125 a couple of years ago. They're re-releasing at $160 in 2012.

Originally Posted by Gottips3

alien.gif

Come on people, its not even that serious. You have to realize Nike is a Buisness. 10 is not that much of a diffrence. You dont have to buy the shoes if you dont want em.
It is just frustrating because

1. It's a recession a lot of people aren't getting the normal Cost of Living increase to their salary year-year to make up for this inflation of prices
2. Material quality isn't getting any better to justify this price increase
3. Nike isn't losing money to justify this price increase.  In fact their profits were up last year so it makes it seem like they are just being greedy.  Which i can't be mad at because it is a business and they are taking the risk that raising prices will not effect sales numbers and will earn them more money.  But I will do my part and not pay $170 for a basketball shoe.  Thats all i can really do

Originally Posted by T21D

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Everyone is forgetting that these will be on nikeID, so everyone who doesn't like the shade of blue of the Chinas can create their own HWC's

Here's my take on ID's.

Why is it that the inspiration of a shoe ALWAYS goes back to cw that they COULDN'T obtain initially or had. Here we go w/ the South Beach /BRED/concord 11's, HWC/Yeezy  inspirations.

Plus, I've noticed that Nike loves to leave out dope colors ( how many shades of university reds or treasure blues do you need?) and color blocking is off (let's say you just want to color in the tongue, BUT it also colors in the midsole as well
ohwell.gif
.)

To add fuel to the fire, the cost. Everyone complaining about the GR $170 price, doesn't ID's tack on an extra 20-30 plus shipping and tax( I have yet to get free shipping on an ID)
indifferent.gif

in the end, nike wins
laugh.gif

I hate this. I don't care about a glow-in-the-dark sole. Just let me use the colors I want, where I want them.

I understand that this is a recession, but high-end signature sneakers are luxury items. Ask Mercedes why their S-Classes aren't getting cheaper; they'll you that they have C and E-Class cars for those wanting to pay less for a Benz.

Keep complaining to Nike and they'll tell you they offer KDs for those who want signature sneakers for less...

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Gottips3

alien.gif

It is just frustrating because

1. It's a recession a lot of people aren't getting the normal Cost of Living increase to their salary year-year to make up for this inflation of prices
2. Material quality isn't getting any better to justify this price increase
3. Nike isn't losing money to justify this price increase.  In fact their profits were up last year so it makes it seem like they are just being greedy.  Which i can't be mad at because it is a business and they are taking the risk that raising prices will not effect sales numbers and will earn them more money.  But I will do my part and not pay $170 for a basketball shoe.  Thats all i can really do

THIS! I was thinking something similar of what you said in my head but just couldn't put it to words that made sense. lol That's what it boils down to basically.

Back
Top Bottom