Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Originally Posted by navychucks

Originally Posted by nimhet

So I just talked to Eastbay....to make a long story short..I totally got screwed. Here is the notes version. I've never had an issue with them before but this just really pisses me off. They guy I talked to was very apologetic but said there was nothing he could do.

- Placed my order online last night 5 min after launch...got a G order number
- Called them about an hr later and to confirm my order was in the system and that it would go through. The guy said yes..I see it. He also said at that time they had plenty of sizes still available
- Wake up this am..still no confirmation. I call them and the girl says their G system screen is rebooting so call back later but as long as I got a G order, it is fine
- I call back, they say my order did not go through because by the time it went through my size wasn't available. I was like +@#!!!???? My order went through 5 min after it launched and when I called an hr later they said they still had sizes so what the heck are you talking about? How did you sell out of 1 size within 5 min?
- So this is what happened....since this item was on "backorder" the system didn't how to handle the orders so it crashed. Hence the site going down and everyone having to call in. So this AM, they starting processing the orders BUT what they did was process the phone orders first because that system was still running. Only after all the phone orders were processed, did they start the online orders. So basically, if you placed your order online, you are f*%$d...even if you placed it 5 min after it launched like me. But he said some G orders did go through, if you were lucky enough to still have your size when they finished the phone orders and started doing the onliine orders. If I had known this, I obviously would have placed another order when I called last night. 

I'm so pissed right now.....don't even know what to say after this

"i think its time for all of us to boycott eastbay. "

Bro, we hear you but I'm sorry to say a boycott will never happen. Eastbay is the primary game in town because they offer free shipping for gold members and ship to our overseas friends.
I personally have had more issues with Eastbay than I care to mention but I still continue to order from them. Why? Well, for the most part they are a very well run company with very good customer service.With limited releases it always a gamble and as someone mentioned you should have a back-up plan. In addition, if you look at the volume of orders Eastbay processes, the percentage that do go wrong is very small, I'm sure it's way less than 1%. A friendly csr told me it's not uncommon to have 6000 orders on a busy saturday. With that kind of volume I will always cut them some slack. Eastbay reps are also on this site to help us out and man is that cool. It's not Eastbay fault, it's the sneaker culture in general with all the resellers snagging up all the limited kicks.

Eastbay is here to stay, no doubt about that. No amount of boycotting will change things.  

I understand but it just is hard to swallow sometimes when you hear things like because they had the items listed as backorder none of the orders went through so they had to fill the phone orders first before the online orders only to be left with no size available.
Like that is unacceptable. I understand it was a crazy release but you can see why some people have a salty taste in their mouth from their experience.  You order, immediately at 12est, it goes through, you get confirmation, then all of a sudden you call in and a rep tells you that your size is sold out when they were fufilling orders over the phone until past 130 in the am.  Unnacceptable.

I know, Im bitter.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Anywhere in the Bay Area (Southbay to be exact) get them? Wanna check them out in person.

daly city HOH got em, and arden mall HOH sacramento..

Figured they both would. No other stores seem to have them. Well I'm not going to drive all the way there to check them out.

Congrats to those who copped. Tried to order a size 11 China's but no dice. Too many great releases coming up so others can pay resell prices because I surely won't. I have a hard enough time with $170 plus Cali tax. On to the Concords, a historical shoe that means more to me.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ the kingjay comment in your sig
laugh.gif

Nice sig witness
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 Appreciate it fellas.

I definitely don't think the Christmas will be this bad, gotta remember these released by themselves and the Christmas will be accompanied by two other shoes.  Don't think the hype around them is nearly as high either

Also, hope everyone else can get their pairs and not have to pay absurd amounts

This little jit gets hard because 2 other dudes told him they like his lame sig, how cute.
Quoted and reported, Thanks for being a fan though 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

saw some Freegums on eBay in GS sizes, so I guess it is looking like a General Release. which I'm happy about

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nice sig witness
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 Appreciate it fellas.

I definitely don't think the Christmas will be this bad, gotta remember these released by themselves and the Christmas will be accompanied by two other shoes.  Don't think the hype around them is nearly as high either

This little jit gets hard because 2 other dudes told him they like his lame sig, how cute.
Yo, Jada you mad or something?
mad.gif
pimp.gif

Just ordered my FREEGUM'S off sidelinesppearal.com
Got my 11.5 yes!!!

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 Appreciate it fellas.

Quoted and reported, Thanks for being a fan though 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Reported for reporting.

cdubb-
roll.gif

Someone offered me the Freegums with the signed box, piece of art, and the shoe itself signed for $260, it's tempting but I really don't care about the signed stuff especially because I had no idea who freegums was before this 
grin.gif

ndc *#*$*% me of course.. for some reason the paypal link wasnt workin for me.. by the time i opend up a new browser my size was sold out
frown.gif
.. then eastbay kept crashing.. so i stood on the phone for about 30 min (hung up cuz i heard it was sold out) but then i found out this morning that it wasnt
frown.gif
then later in the morning i called eastbay and asked for a sz 9 (sold out) then i asked for a 9.5 and she said they had it.. and i asked if they accepted paypal over the phone and of course they didnt.. i would of ordered the 9.5 from the site but it said it was sold out
frown.gif

cdubb-
roll.gif

Someone offered me the Freegums with the signed box, piece of art, and the shoe itself signed for $260, it's tempting but I really don't care about the signed stuff especially because I had no idea who freegums was before this 
grin.gif

Witness I'm glad that someone managed to find that China's quote. And I have a feeling that all of the signed freegums stuff might be worth quite a bit if this release ends up getting hyped.

freegums really do seem to be an easy cop, huh? Was going to pull the trigger at $250 to avoid nonsense, but now i'm having second thoughts

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nice sig witness
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 Appreciate it fellas.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Wow!!..smh at you man.

I have yet to receive a confirmation email from swoosh, I called them this morning and they told me their notification email system hasn't been working like usual but, my shoes
and order should still go through lady told me "you were one of the lucky ones"

Originally Posted by hollywoodjose

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Showed up 30 min before opening and long and beyond only 5-6 people in line :tongue:

Wore mine to pick up a pair for a buddy and then scooped up a 2nd pair for myself.
happy.gif

Best 30 min ever spent!

No hassle and no freezing my !@+ off!

Is that seattle niketown

Yes sir!

Copped Both Chinas & Cannons Today S/O ZYR12 aka 23penny.com for hooking me up locally.  Threw the XI in the pic since i was putting them up. Seem crazy yellow on flash..not the case though..Anyway

Portion of the email I received from Eastbay:

Thank you for your recent order. We are currently out-of-stock, however you should
expect to receive this item within 2 weeks of the backorder date
printed below, unless it is a personalized product.
If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service
Department at 1-800-628-6301. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sincerely, Eastbay

SHIP TO
PRODUCT NUMBER/ (SEE UNIT
DESCRIPTION BELOW) QUANTITY PRICE STATUS

69764800 12.0 1 1 169.99 BACKORDERED UNTIL 12/17/11
NIKE LEBRON 9-BL/OR/BL

Merchandise Net: 169.99

Tax Amt: 12.32
Shipping Amt: 0.00

Total Amt: 182.31

Payments:
Charge Amt: 182.31
Balance: 0.00

Man, I have no problem with waiting but my order better not be cancelled!

Back
Top Bottom