Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

just got my xmas pair today and "flintgrey" was right when he text me "these are beautiful". im very impressed after holding it and seeing it in person
and maybe i missed it, but where were the freegums available in the art box??? love that

Originally Posted by Broomall4Life

i know im in the minority (or more likely the only one haha) but i have no desire to cop the cannons, chinas, or galaxys. all 3 dont really appeal to me. maybe because im 30+.

Cannons and galaxy don't do it for me either (im 30+ as well). However, I loved the chinas the first time I saw them.

Originally Posted by Rocket

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by Mikey23

laugh.gif
I went to HOH N riverside and dudes where wearing china 9's, Blk/red 13's, and a bunch of concord's, I was wearing some beat air Jordan 2010's with some sweat pants and dudes were looking at me like if I was a bum or something, it was to early to be well dressed
laugh.gif
I hate wearing any type of sneakers to a shoe store because I don't want to look like I'm trying to stunt.

When I wear nice sneakers to a release I don't look at it as "stuntin". I just feel like I could be wearing some Yeezy's to go out all night and nobody, if not, one person will notice. We're in this "game" (hate that term) because we like sneakers, their history, and the stories we have trying to obtain them. In my eyes, wearing nice sneakers to a release opens the door to conversation with somebody waiting in line with you. I wore my snakeskin XIs to the Concord release, chopped it up with a bunch of people, and overall had a good time. I'm starting to ramble, but I'm just saying that wearing nice sneakers to a release doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to "stunt". I wear nice sneakers to a release because that's when you know everyone will notice and will want to converse. I like waiting in line at a store as opposed to copping online, although I've got it pretty much down now (2 Concords and 1 pair of Xmas Lebrons all online), because it's fun choppin it up with my fellow sneakerheads.
I feel you on that. I lined up for the Black Cements on Black Friday and it was fun just vibing with the people in line. I'll be doing that more often.

Originally Posted by Rocket

I hate wearing any type of sneakers to a shoe store because I don't want to look like I'm trying to stunt.

When I wear nice sneakers to a release I don't look at it as "stuntin". I just feel like I could be wearing some Yeezy's to go out all night and nobody, if not, one person will notice. We're in this "game" (hate that term) because we like sneakers, their history, and the stories we have trying to obtain them. In my eyes, wearing nice sneakers to a release opens the door to conversation with somebody waiting in line with you. I wore my snakeskin XIs to the Concord release, chopped it up with a bunch of people, and overall had a good time. I'm starting to ramble, but I'm just saying that wearing nice sneakers to a release doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to "stunt". I wear nice sneakers to a release because that's when you know everyone will notice and will want to converse. I like waiting in line at a store as opposed to copping online, although I've got it pretty much down now (2 Concords and 1 pair of Xmas Lebrons all online), because it's fun choppin it up with my fellow sneakerheads.
I feel you on that. I lined up for the Black Cements on Black Friday and it was fun just vibing with the people in line. I'll be doing that more often.

I am in the minority here but recently I hate camping at all because all I hear is kids talk about how much money they are going to make reselling whatever they picking. Lebron China's was in line for like 30 minutes and almost had to slap a kid talking about the china's will be double what the south beaches are worth. It takes the fun away from sneakers.

like i said in my previous posts....i refuse to pay retail for all other colorways.... 
pimp.gif

freegums next...big bangs,dunkmans,griffeys, etc, ALL OF EM !!!! 

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

i know im in the minority (or more likely the only one haha) but i have no desire to cop the cannons, chinas, or galaxys. all 3 dont really appeal to me. maybe because im 30+.

Cannons and galaxy don't do it for me either (im 30+ as well). However, I loved the chinas the first time I saw them.

That's the good thing about individuality.
Cause I'm well into my 30s & I was blown away by Cannons, Chinas & Miami Nights when pics first surfaced of each. Just about nobody liked the 9s initially but the colorways ABSOLUTELY GO HARD!!!
The only way I won't cop more aftert BIG BANGS & Dunkmans is if I stay out this thread. But that ain't happening.
happy.gif

not sure it has anything to do with age. ya'll probably have no style. 
laugh.gif
or just no life left in ya figuring because your 30 you can't like vibrant colors? absurd! im 29 and have the cannons, am working on getting the chinas and will be getting big bangs. i understand the "high and mighty" mentality of being 30 but 30's the new 20 and sometimes you gotta get off your high horse and have a little fun. let loose with the wacky colorways, you wont regret it. wear em once in a blue when you're feeling "young" lol. you can wear your boring all black kicks the rest of the year.

$0.02

Originally Posted by Fresh Money

like i said in my previous posts....i refuse to pay retail for all other colorways.... 
pimp.gif

freegums next...big bangs,dunkmans,griffeys, etc, ALL OF EM !!!! 
nice group of 9's

would like to see that not paying retail
roll.gif
roll.gif

^^^Homie must of meant not paying OVER retail.
Big Bangs on discount? They'd have to SUPER GR them joints for that to happen.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

anybody know where they got GR blk/reds on sale already?

good sir there is a cat on ebay who has been sellin em for 130 SHIPPED,cant miss em, looks like he  sold through all sizes at least 3 times so far ( got my 10.5 finally ), even when they show up in outlets ya gotta figure they will not go too far below 119 or 109, so i figured 130 even wasnt too bad at all. thrpw some red laces in em and they go hard like d wade to tha hoop !   

Originally Posted by smzsmz

laugh.gif
or just no life left in ya figuring because your 30 you can't like vibrant colors? absurd! im 29 and have the cannons, am working on getting the chinas and will be getting big bangs. i understand the "high and mighty" mentality of being 30 but 30's the new 20 and sometimes you gotta get off your high horse and have a little fun. let loose with the wacky colorways, you wont regret it. wear em once in a blue when you're feeling "young" lol. you can wear your boring all black kicks the rest of the year.

$0.02
Shoot I own a pair of the solar red 8s, that's about as vibrant as it gets lol

laugh.gif

$0.02

Haha to each their own playboy. Bet you're the same dude id see rocking a matching fubu hoody with those cannons.

laugh.gif

$0.02

Haha to each their own playboy. Bet you're the same dude id see rocking a matching fubu hoody with those cannons.
nice! FUBU THOUGH!!!? 
laugh.gif
the hoody i rock with the cannons is an orange Chaps hoody, actually. which lebron 9 colorways do you have thus far?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

$0.02
nice! thats the spirit! youll like the big bangs if you like the solars. which lebron 9 colorways do you have thus far?

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Originally Posted by luxurious24

i think i got to stay out of this thread a bit, thinking bout copping those freegums and osu now, im trying to only copp those griffeys and galaxys and its it, foreal

me and you both, between the freegums, chinas, cannons, big bangs, dunkmans... Lebron is about to make me broke.

word up, im just trying to stay in the loop but at the same time knowing im gonna have to spend alot of money seeing all these dope colorways..

Originally Posted by 23phorlife

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

anybody know where they got GR blk/reds on sale already?

good sir there is a cat on ebay who has been sellin em for 130 SHIPPED,cant miss em, looks like he  sold through all sizes at least 3 times so far ( got my 10.5 finally ), even when they show up in outlets ya gotta figure they will not go too far below 119 or 109, so i figured 130 even wasnt too bad at all. thrpw some red laces in em and they go hard like d wade to tha hoop !   

thx bruh, but  Ima just try my luck in the buy/sell 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

$0.02
nice! thats the spirit! youll like the big bangs if you like the solars. which lebron 9 colorways do you have thus far?

Only ones I got so far are the Christmas ones...still desperately want them Chinas though.  NDC/Eastbay did me wrong on release night lol...the Kentucky and MN colorways are nice also

House of Hoops in Miami had Christmas Lebrons, as well as all the other colors, as of two days ago at 7 p.m. I'd be willing to help some NT'ers out.

Galaxy print laces (think the WTT 9 laces) on the Big Bangs would put them over the top.

laugh.gif

$0.02

for basketball ? Yes

for casual ? No

30+ years old and big bang lebron
laugh.gif

House of Hoops in Miami had Christmas Lebrons, as well as all the other colors, as of two days ago at 7 p.m. I'd be willing to help some NT'ers out.
But do they have dem dere Chinas? 
nerd.gif

EDIT - called, sold out of Chinas

nah big bangs looks like a dope summer shoe no matter what age... i really dont consider 30 old but its what your comfortable in... i wonder whats gonna be apart of my rotation when im 40..lol

Back
Top Bottom