Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Tinker said it himself in an interview. LeBron and his "entourage" all have say in the shoe and they want to put so much in it that its too hard to create a good looking shoe

whatever the first colorway is will sell out as fast or faster than the south beach/pre heat colorway

We need some new damn pictures of this shoe in a different CW already. Getting sick of seeing the black/red already lol =P

^I concur...These black and red is doing nothing but boring everybody. We need something that pops to get this thread moving.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I think it's time for a new designer. The previous designer has done his thing, but it's time to move on...things are starting to get stale. Please don't send the Jason Petrie Quick Reaction Force after me for making this statement...it happens all the time with designers. Chris Bangle the american designer of the 4th Generation 7 Series Bimmer had a very successful run with his design. Despite the styling controversy called "The Bangle Butt" the 4th Gen sold more than any 7 Series ever...BUT it was time to move on and they went with a new designer. It's time for some fresh blood with the Lebron line plain and simple.

I am anticipating the "but Lebron said it himself that these are his favorite shoes from his line".

Dag Elder.. Petrie JUST got on the Lebron line a few minutes ago and your're saying he already needs to be cut from it? 
laugh.gif
  Dag you all are ruthless..
Kenzo was on the II, III, IV, V, and unreleased Power... Unknown had the released Power and J.P. picked up the VII which was tight as hell and the VIII v1 and v2 to me turned out beautiful....

Now I agree this design probably needs to grow on folks.. but then so does many other designs anyone does.  I cant believe you think that the third (IX) shoe of the line and its times up already... 

Ive said this many times before from JP to the dudes over at Jordan... some of the stuff thats NEVER released is better than Adi and Reeboks released top line stuff.  Why some stuff gets canned I will STILL never know or understand... but JP is one of the top designers in ALL of Nike not just Nike Basketball along with Marc Dolce who's in Sportswear and gave you such kicks as the Penny Half Cent.. the new Penny Fusion and the Griffey Fusions among so many others.

Jonathan Johnsongriffin is another over there as well.  I know I sound like a fan boy... but I know these dudes and know what they have to go thru to get stuff to retail.  I love Lamborghini's but I dont like every single design... I love Mac & Cheese.. but I dont like everyone's Mac & Cheese... you may like the X better than the IX.. but to say dude needs to be out already may be a lil too premature.

Originally Posted by stc153393

Tinker said it himself in an interview. LeBron and his "entourage" all have say in the shoe and they want to put so much in it that its too hard to create a good looking shoe
QFT

Someone photoshop a Royal Colorway and Grape (Eggplant) Colorway a la the Half Cents.

I hope thats how they do the colorblocking on these.

Originally Posted by Gottips3

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Hell no he has no knowledge
laugh.gif

Dude barely started collecting when the CDP came out

And? Does everyone have to start collecting from the 90s to be a legit Sneaker Head? Not everyone has the same passion at the same time. He probably has more heat than 90% of the people on niketalk. Thats the reason people hate him.

do people hate justin beiber because he is rich? Nope.

you trying hella hard to defend dude. stop it. quit being a captain save a bro....

that miami dolphin colorway will be had once its the right color blocking, and what is the word on these being up on nike id?

Originally Posted by BronLe

Someone photoshop a Royal Colorway and Grape (Eggplant) Colorway a la the Half Cents.

I hope thats how they do the colorblocking on these.

I could just imagine if instead of the hyperfuse-synthetic on the flywire, they could replace it with suede/nubuck or tumbled leather for maybe 3 or 4 pairs. That would be sick!

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I think it's time for a new designer. The previous designer has done his thing, but it's time to move on...things are starting to get stale. Please don't send the Jason Petrie Quick Reaction Force after me for making this statement...it happens all the time with designers. Chris Bangle the american designer of the 4th Generation 7 Series Bimmer had a very successful run with his design. Despite the styling controversy called "The Bangle Butt" the 4th Gen sold more than any 7 Series ever...BUT it was time to move on and they went with a new designer. It's time for some fresh blood with the Lebron line plain and simple.

I am anticipating the "but Lebron said it himself that these are his favorite shoes from his line".

Dag Elder.. Petrie JUST got on the Lebron line a few minutes ago and your're saying he already needs to be cut from it? 
laugh.gif
  Dag you all are ruthless..
Kenzo was on the II, III, IV, V, and unreleased Power... Unknown had the released Power and J.P. picked up the VII which was tight as hell and the VIII v1 and v2 to me turned out beautiful....

Now I agree this design probably needs to grow on folks.. but then so does many other designs anyone does.  I cant believe you think that the third (IX) shoe of the line and its times up already... 

Ive said this many times before from JP to the dudes over at Jordan... some of the stuff thats NEVER released is better than Adi and Reeboks released top line stuff.  Why some stuff gets canned I will STILL never know or understand... but JP is one of the top designers in ALL of Nike not just Nike Basketball along with Marc Dolce who's in Sportswear and gave you such kicks as the Penny Half Cent.. the new Penny Fusion and the Griffey Fusions among so many others.

Jonathan Johnsongriffin is another over there as well.  I know I sound like a fan boy... but I know these dudes and know what they have to go thru to get stuff to retail.  I love Lamborghini's but I dont like every single design... I love Mac & Cheese.. but I dont like everyone's Mac & Cheese... you may like the X better than the IX.. but to say dude needs to be out already may be a lil too premature.

while i agree with what your saying, but youve given up bad examples.

the 1/2 cent bombed, hit outlets and went to sales racks, the only one that sold well was the 1st (semi limited) and the all black (all black foam type shoe)

the new griffey fusions arent selling well at all and should be on sale soon, that new penny looks like its either going to do great or bomb, depending on the price point and gimmicks and how limited they are.

it sucks cause it isnt only lebron giving feed back on his shoe, hes letting his crew, and i agree its making it extremely hard to make a shoe for both on AND off the court, which sneakers have to do now a days, lets face it, the out of 10 people, 8 are buying the shoe for normal wear use.

and the lebron will never be on Nike ID, he wont allow it, he wants all the "exclusive" colorways in house.

While I really liked the look of the 9 for Basketball, I wont be able to buy them. The new 180 midsole kills my arches or lack thereof. Not that I wouldve ever paid retail, but it saves me a couple hundred dollars at least.

Back
Top Bottom