Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

i dont even need to see the whole shoe to know that i'm not goin to drop $250 on any lebron model.

Originally Posted by datboi81

i dont even need to see the whole shoe to know that i'm not goin to drop $250 on any lebron model.
QFT....

I am actually really intrigued by the looks of the elites.  I think they are great looking.  I love when something looks different and new. 

But $250? No way they perform that much better then any other basketball shoe for that price.  I love how nike is just dancing around giving people Full Zoom.  O now its Zoom max air blah blah blah.....JUST GIVE US FULL LENGTH ZOOM (double stack it that would be nice too lol)

The China's will not be copped because the Lebron 9 is literally hideous to me.  No colorway saving that thing.  But the Elites if there were the same price range would probably be copped to ball in. 

they just had to make the china colorway an hwc colorway. smh. drawing unnecessary hype to the one colorway i was going to pick up.

the design of the shoe is simply disguisting, loving the china colorway, looks like another draft day kobe, like WHAT IF lebron made his way to NYK hahah!

I'm mad they are releasing HWC for the model I don't like. Should of released to the public with 7 or 8 model. I would of gobbled them up. 9.....pass

Probably catch heat for this but I'm not feeling the hwc colorway on the 9( wasn't feeling with it on the 8 either so..7 hwc ftw)

i like the China colorway, but this should have been called 'the decision' shoe, and they should have 3 colorways, miami heat, nyk and cavs

remember a while back when someone posted that they saw the Lebron 9s at a show case and they stole the show?
I see why now

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

So why is Lebron (who has not done anything significant in his career of 7+ years) getting a shoe that retails for $250, but Kobe who has 5 rings, and countless attributes to go with it doesn't? Im not saying Kobe should, but my point is Nike puts Queen James on a pedastol who has done nothing to show for it, while Kobe has done A LOT. Something is not adding up.
YESSSSS!!!! YOU HAVE READ MY MIND MY FRIEND READ MY MIND 

so they are basically adding $80 to the retail of the lebron 9 to sell us the lebron 8 ps with a carbon fiber heel counter?

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

So why is Lebron (who has not done anything significant in his career of 7+ years) getting a shoe that retails for $250, but Kobe who has 5 rings, and countless attributes to go with it doesn't? Im not saying Kobe should, but my point is Nike puts Queen James on a pedastol who has done nothing to show for it, while Kobe has done A LOT. Something is not adding up.

marketability my friend. plus imagine trying to sell a low-cut shoe for $250

nike as a performance company has just died to me. its not that their shoes dont perform anymore (like jordan shoes), but they are putting astronomical price tags on the performance models and watering down their already priced too high models.

i understand both sides of the argument for retros/collectible shoes. there's no R&D or or new tech or anything like that to make the shoes more expensive than they originally were, but at the same time people are willing to pay because they have no intentions of beating the shoes up and expect them to last for a while.

but $200-250 for performance shoes are not something i am willing to do. nike shoes as an entire brand have horrible durability and now they have conditioned us to accept it and slap us in the face with a model thats essentially the same but will last as long as say an adidas or under armour shoe (which they can offer for a third of the price of these so called "elite" models).

Originally Posted by bns1201

marketability my friend. plus imagine trying to sell a low-cut shoe for $250
There are some truths regarding the marketability of LBJ vs. Kobe but Nike could've priced the 'Miami Night' 8 Lows at $350 and they would've sold out. It's not so much the cut or the materials of the shoe that determines its worth - sadly its hype and limited availibility these days.

What is the difference b/w the "elites" and regular 9's? and the "chinas" are set to retail for $250 for sure?

Originally Posted by VAHustler

I'm mad they are releasing HWC for the model I don't like. Should of released to the public with 7 or 8 model. I would of gobbled them up. 9.....pass
as far as i am concerned, they are 2 years too late.  i wanted the lebron 7 HWC.  the lebron 9 will be an easy pass because it is a sh*t shoe.  plus, i'm sick of all of the games from this line.

How can a colorway save an ugly shoe?  
laugh.gif

Nothing significant? You cannot be a fan of the game of basketball and believe something so foolish. Go watch some tennis.

And hol' up...do you have a pair of his kicks that regularly sell for triple the price of these in your avy? Please sit all the way down sir
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Nothing significant? You cannot be a fan of the game of basketball and believe something so foolish. Go watch some tennis.

And hol' up...do you have a pair of his kicks that regularly sell for triple the price of these in your avy? Please sit all the way down sir
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I wanted to respond to that, but even his biggest haters know that a championship is the only thing they can hold over him. 

And why purchase and wear a product of someone you call "Queen?"  Cause it looks good?
laugh.gif

Easy... they are paying those two dudes a different amount of money.  However I think Kobe may come out good by having a bonus for amount of shoes sold thru.  Bron wasn't making those bonuses early on during the Kenzo era..

Originally Posted by MrDozo

$250 + nyc tax= $270
This is greed.
Nike can go fly a kite. Up your nose with a rubber hose.
My man... Nike doesn't account for tax when they set the Price point.  Thats an individual state thing.  Hell even when Nike sells the shoe retail at a Niketown OR online.. those are two separate entities WITHIN Nike fighting for revenue dollars.
Yes.. it goes to Nike but people's jobs depend on how much revenue their category brings in.  Just like Footlocker Merchandisers need to know what to purchase for all their stores.

Not greed .... business bruh.

If you aren't in the business of being in business your business will fail.

As usual some guys over reacting.

Business as usual, regardless if it's sneakers or anyother product. That company is going to set a price point that they see if fit.

No one is forcing anyone to buy.

For me if I have the funds at the time and I like the shoe/cw, I'll buy it.

The tech intrigues me though...

$250 for some hyperfuse/flywire shoes. 
roll.gif

sad thing is that if they have that "limited" tag they will sell and nike knows this.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Gottips3

I will gladly pay 250 for the Chinas tho!!!!! I told you people the color ways are going to save this shoe. now look at everyone SCREAMING OH MY GOSH YES!!!!!
HAAHAHAH

Are you gonna try to pass used shoes as deadstock to pay for those too? 
grin.gif

laugh.gif
 @ paying $250 for a shoe you haven't seen yet. And I'm sorry, but teaser pics don't count.

Back
Top Bottom