Official Rose Bowl Thread - Ohio State: 2010 Rose Bowl winners

"The Grandaddy of them all"

jeremiah-masoli-8-2009-ncaa-football-usc-08KfE8.jpg

Jeremiah Masoli

terrelle-pryor-p1.jpg

Terrelle Pryor

Should be a good game. The matchup of Oregon's offense going against the Ohio State defense should be one of the better matchups of the bowl season.

I wanna believe that tOSU is gonna win, but something tells me that Oregon is gonna get off with that spread....

[h2]Pryor says he's playing with torn PCL[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor has been playing with a slight tear in the posterior cruciate ligament of one of his knees, the sophomore revealed Monday.

Pryor, who had come back from an Oct. 31 ankle injury to help lead the No. 8 Buckeyes (10-2, 7-1 Big Ten) to a Rose Bowl berth against No. 7 Oregon (10-2, 8-1 Pac-10), said he was fine to play but wouldn't specify which knee was hurt, when he sustained the tear or if it would require surgery.

[h4]Big Ten blog[/h4]
rittenberg_adam_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg writes about all things Big Ten in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

He did touch his left knee for emphasis, without confirming which knee was hurt.

"It's improved a little bit [since the end of the season], but sometimes I can have trouble making some types of cuts," he said in an interview session before the New Year's Day Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi.

Pryor claimed he's hurting everywhere but said he's feeling sharper after two sluggish practices in Los Angeles. The Buckeyes were also set to run an afternoon practice Monday.

"It's not really a big deal," he said. "It's just a little sore. It's fine. When I'm in the game or at practice, I don't really worry about it, to tell you the truth."

Was waiting for this post...it's either gonna be a close win by OSU or a blowout by Oregon...game depends on the OSUdefense and its ability to show up or not.
OSU offense can get enough points if we keep Oregon in the 20-27 point range but any more and we aren't winning thisone.

I'll post more as people enter but for now good luck to both teams (shoutout toChester and Dr. Funk), hopefully this post doesn't get out of hand and fans of both teams can keep thiscivil.

Gonna be a good game. I just hope we can win this bowl since there's no promise we'll be back here next year... or for another 14 years. Go DUCKS!
pimp.gif

I'm rooting for the ducks. Pasadena is already being taken over by people from Oregon and Ohio. Hopefully Oregon residents are as good looking as theOregon cheerleaders
pimp.gif

Oregon by 10

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Pasadena is already being taken over by people from Oregon and Ohio.
as long as they keep there ugly @%+ away from the West LA area that will be fine
pimp.gif

now bama and texas better bring some dimes

anyways Ohio state wins in a beat down

I don't know about 'Bama girls. I know the girls Texas rolled through town with in 2005 were
smokin.gif

Sorry Mike, these people are all over. I remember going to a restaurant in Malibu back in '07, when Illinois came to town and the restaurant I went to hada lot of people rocking Illinois gear.

I've got a few friends from the Columbus/Datyon areas that are big Bucks fans. When Oregon won the Civil War they immediately called me telling me to puton the gloves
roll.gif

I'm gonna give them a call here in the next couple of days and give them a talkin' to
laugh.gif

I'm excited that Oregon made this year to the Rose Bowl.

Would have been interesting to see what Pryor would have done under Chip Kelly...

cant wait

the one bowl game im actually looking forward to

and what uniforms are Oregon rocking?

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Was waiting for this post...it's either gonna be a close win by OSU or a blowout by Oregon...game depends on the OSU defense and its ability to show up or not.
OSU offense can get enough points if we keep Oregon in the 20-27 point range but any more and we aren't winning this one.

I'll post more as people enter but for now good luck to both teams (shoutout to Chester and Dr. Funk), hopefully this post doesn't get out of hand and fans of both teams can keep this civil.
I agree.

I think a couple things are key..
Ohio St cant turn the ball over and put their defense in a bad position. Oregons going to move the ball..
Ohio St has to get touchdowns instead of fgs, Oregon st killed themselves bc of that.

This matchup is real unique in that Oregon's defense sets up well for what Ohio St wants to do. They just have to execute.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

cant wait

the one bowl game im actually looking forward to

and what uniforms are Oregon rocking?
Rumor has that they'll wear these...

jpg1

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

I want carbon fiber lids, black jerseys, and grey pants, or something like that...

[h3]Big run plays could decide Rose Bowl[/h3]
December, 29, 2009
Dec 29

10:45

AM ET

Email Print Share

By Adam Rittenberg
A glance at Oregon's rushing statistics this season should strike fear in any defensive coordinator facing the Ducks.

Starting running back LaMichael James averages 6.9 yards a carry. Starting quarterback Jeremiah Masoli averages 5.7 yards a carry. Backup running back Kenjon Barner averages 5.6 yards a carry. And then there's LeGarrette Blount, who in 2008 set a school record among 1,000-yard rushers by averaging 7.3 yards a carry. As a team, Oregon averages a whopping 5.5 yards per rush.

The Oregon offense is synonymous with big running plays, especially on first down. The Ducks rank second nationally in rushes of 10 yards or more with 101 on 514 attempts (19.7 percent). Oregon leads the nation in first-down runs of 10 yards or more, doing so 19.5 percent of the time.

Ohio State, meanwhile, is extremely adept at stopping big run plays, especially on first down. The Buckeyes lead the nation in fewest runs of 10 or more yards allowed with just 23 on 377 attempts (6.1 percent). They're especially stout on first down, allowing just 2.68 yards a carry, which leads the nation.

Something has got to give when these two teams meet Friday in the Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi (ABC, 4:30 p.m. ET).

If Ohio State can limit big run plays, it should have a good shot at forcing Oregon into some mistakes. But if James, Masoli, Barner and even Blount get in the open field, it'll be a long day for the Scarlet and Gray.

Thanks to ESPN's Stats & Information for these nuggets.

[h4]Oregon offense vs. Ohio State defense[/h4] [table][tr][th=""]
[/th] [th=""]Oregon OFF[/th] [th=""]Ohio State DEF[/th] [/tr][tr][td]10+ yard[/td] [td]101[/td] [td]23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10+ pct[/td] [td]19.7[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FBS Rank*[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]1st[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Based on percentage[/td] [/tr][/table][h4]1st Down Rush Defense, FBS Leaders[/h4] [table][tr][th=""]School[/th] [th=""]Att[/th] [th=""]Yards[/th] [th=""]Avg[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Ohio State[/td] [td]188[/td] [td]503[/td] [td]2.68[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TCU[/td] [td]172[/td] [td]500[/td] [td]2.91[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UCF[/td] [td]197[/td] [td]576[/td] [td]2.92[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nebraska[/td] [td]217[/td] [td]659[/td] [td]3.04[/td] [/tr][/table][h4]Percentage of Plays That Gain 10+ Yards, Rushing on 1st Down[/h4] [table][tr][th=""]School[/th] [th=""]Pct.[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Oregon[/td] [td]19.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nevada[/td] [td]19.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ole Miss[/td] [td]18.7[/td] [/tr][/table]

oregons rocking the white helmets-green jerseys and white pants. Write it down. I have my sources. Should be a sick combo. I think Oregon comes out passing toset up the run bc osu defense is so good at stooping first Down runs. If they can do that we will win.

Back
Top Bottom