Official San Antonio Spurs VS Memphis Grizzlies 1st Round Thread: MEM Win 4-2!

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

is this true?

All Spurs Championship runs start with an opening round playoff loss in game #1. No reason for alarm, I guess.

In 2003, 2005, and 2007 when the Spurs won their three championships in five years, they lost in game #1 in their first playoff series all three times.

I don't know, but stuff like that doesn't matter. That's the past. 
Still a different Spurs team. No way am I doubting them though.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

is this true?

All Spurs Championship runs start with an opening round playoff loss in game #1. No reason for alarm, I guess.

In 2003, 2005, and 2007 when the Spurs won their three championships in five years, they lost in game #1 in their first playoff series all three times.

Just sayin though, if true that's a crazy stat to me.

If anything, I think it does matter to their squad. They know one loss to start a series doesn't mean much.

is this true?

If anything, I think it does matter to their squad. They know one loss to start a series doesn't mean much.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Impressive win for the Grizzlies.

I really thought they choked away the game when they missed all those FTs and the Spurs regained the lead late in the 4th.
Agreed.

Props to the Grizz for showing some resilience.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Impressive win for the Grizzlies.

I really thought they choked away the game when they missed all those FTs and the Spurs regained the lead late in the 4th.
Agreed.

Props to the Grizz for showing some resilience.

is this true?

I just looked it up and it is true. Even if it wasn't Duncan, Parker, & Ginobili know being down 1-0 isn't too big of a deal and they are good enough leaders to convince the younger guys as well

is this true?

I just looked it up and it is true. Even if it wasn't Duncan, Parker, & Ginobili know being down 1-0 isn't too big of a deal and they are good enough leaders to convince the younger guys as well

is this true?

Cool......but their 3 best players were also 8, 6 and 4 years younger. Even their crowd is old, dudes can barely stand up and cheer.

is this true?

Cool......but their 3 best players were also 8, 6 and 4 years younger. Even their crowd is old, dudes can barely stand up and cheer.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

is this true?

Yeah I never said the stat had any bearing on the current series, it was just a question

Originally Posted by Buc Em

is this true?

Yeah I never said the stat had any bearing on the current series, it was just a question

r8rrj.jpg

laugh.gif
smokin.gif

I knew with Manu out it was going to be a tough one....

Glad it's a 7 Game Series though...Spurs will bounce back fine.

PO

I knew with Manu out it was going to be a tough one....

Glad it's a 7 Game Series though...Spurs will bounce back fine.

PO

yeah spurs known for losing the 1st game
good game to grizzlies, congrats on the 1st playoff win,
eyes.gif
rj couldnt have asked for a better shot

oh well next game wed and expecting a win,
spurs winning series 4-2 hopefully
happy.gif

yeah spurs known for losing the 1st game
good game to grizzlies, congrats on the 1st playoff win,
eyes.gif
rj couldnt have asked for a better shot

oh well next game wed and expecting a win,
spurs winning series 4-2 hopefully
happy.gif

Going to be interesting to see how Pop adjusts to our frontline. I don't expect Sam to play much Wednesday knowing that SAS may send a bunch of double teams. 

Going to be interesting to see how Pop adjusts to our frontline. I don't expect Sam to play much Wednesday knowing that SAS may send a bunch of double teams. 

Back
Top Bottom