Official San Antonio Spurs VS Memphis Grizzlies 1st Round Thread: MEM Win 4-2!

Him being out changed everything. Everything.

No Battier trade. No defensive revolution. Not as much Allen impact. Probably not the same Arthur emergence. Less Gasol involvement.

No Battier trade. No defensive revolution. Not as much Allen impact. Probably not the same Arthur emergence. Less Gasol involvement.

Whoa.
eek.gif

this game has been over ever since the moment Orenthal made that back door cut n threw down that reverse like the rim was the one cuttin his minutes

this game has been over ever since the moment Orenthal made that back door cut n threw down that reverse like the rim was the one cuttin his minutes

Agreed on Gay^

The Grizzlies' and Spurs' rosters may just be similarly talented. It's the Spurs' offensive system and discipline under Coach Pop that led them to win all those games, but in the playoffs their relative lack of talent for a top seed and nonexistent interior presence is becoming apparent. If this was five years ago, Timmy would be dominating Z-Bo and Gasol at once on both ends, but he just doesn't have it anymore.

UMD alum Vazquez playing solid minutes
pimp.gif

Agreed on Gay^

The Grizzlies' and Spurs' rosters may just be similarly talented. It's the Spurs' offensive system and discipline under Coach Pop that led them to win all those games, but in the playoffs their relative lack of talent for a top seed and nonexistent interior presence is becoming apparent. If this was five years ago, Timmy would be dominating Z-Bo and Gasol at once on both ends, but he just doesn't have it anymore.

UMD alum Vazquez playing solid minutes
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

That's true. I still think we were going to make that Battier deal though. I agree with Allen and the defense though. The team had to come together. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Rudy got hurt. Rudy coming back should not change the dynamics of this team next season. If anything, he's going to try and fit in with what the team doing. Hopefully.
Just imagine Rudy being the one slashing to the basket instead of TA when we feed the ball down low. We need less isolation.

That's true. I still think we were going to make that Battier deal though. I agree with Allen and the defense though. The team had to come together. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Rudy got hurt. Rudy coming back should not change the dynamics of this team next season. If anything, he's going to try and fit in with what the team doing. Hopefully.
Just imagine Rudy being the one slashing to the basket instead of TA when we feed the ball down low. We need less isolation.

Right about Battier and Allen, but they're actually a better defensive team with Rudy (by the numbers) last time I checked. DA was playing this well the whole season and no matter what happened Gasol was going to be ignored.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom