:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm checking out the coaches tape now, and holy ****, Jimmie Ward single-handedly busted so many coverages that resulted in explosive plays for GB.

Isnt this supposed to be one of the simplest defenses in the league for the secondary? I dont understand how they can be making so many mistakes

^ So they say. But it requires Cerebral and Athletic players I feel like. Earl, Sherm, Wagner these dudes smart and fast af lol

Isnt this supposed to be one of the simplest defenses in the league for the secondary? I dont understand how they can be making so many mistakes

It is, but it still requires players to be disciplined to their assignments because offenses are going to hit them with a barrage of cover 3 beaters(plays designed to beat the coverage) the entire game. Jimmie Ward is busting simple high-school-level assignments.

Nike knows what time it is; bout to cop :nerd:

5D0A1293-DB15-4F32-B132-4B6C6CC8997C.jpeg

Threw this together. Jimmy Ward at the top. 49ers are in cover 3. Jimmie's responsibility is the highlighted deep third. Jimmie gets his eyes stuck in the backfield, doesn't keep his head on a swivel and is completely oblivious to Graham running an over route into his deep third.

giphy.gif

By my count, Jimmie Ward blew 5 coverages against GB--three resulted in explosive plays.

He also lead the team in busted coverages against the Chiefs lol. BTW, he is making $8.5 milly. I think he could single-handedly get Saleh fired.

giphy.gif

Yesss, looking forward to seeing if this kid can contribute. Tartt has been a major disappointment for me. Hopefully, Harris throws his hat into the mix for that spot.

jimmie ward is football's version of a substitute teacher...just a body out there to collect checks. no need to look at a lesson plan or a play book, just show up

The hell happened to Ward..last I remember he was making positive strides no? Or am I just confused with someone else

Threw this together. Jimmy Ward at the top. 49ers are in cover 3. Jimmie's responsibility is the highlighted deep third. Jimmie gets his eyes stuck in the backfield, doesn't keep his head on a swivel and is completely oblivious to Graham running an over route into his deep third.

giphy.gif

You know schemes and whatnot wayyy more than most so im just wondering, looks like Sherm passed that receiver off to Ward and he seemed fugged either way. Seems as though Graham or that outside receiver wouldve been wide open and Rodgers made the right decision? Not really tryna defend Ward but it looks like he was in a tough spot

Edit— or is jimmy supposed to stay disciplined and only cover that area you pointed out in the gif?

Hes supposed to stay disciplined and cover that highlighted bubble. Cover 3 doesnt work unless you have 2 solid corners and a solid free safety (Bronco’s when they won, Seahawks when they won)

I feel like whenever there is high hopes for a Niners DB, the following year, they're nowhere near the player we were expecting :lol::smh:

I feel like whenever there is high hopes for a Niners DB, the following year, they're nowhere near the player we were expecting :lol::smh:

Very true. Was expecting Colbert and Tartt to be a very solid safety tandem after last years performances. Colbert looks absolutely dreadful and I just haven’t heard Tartt’s name all year. Witherspoon is starting to dissapoint like Rashard Robinson. Ugh

You know schemes and whatnot wayyy more than most so im just wondering, looks like Sherm passed that receiver off to Ward and he seemed fugged either way. Seems as though Graham or that outside receiver wouldve been wide open and Rodgers made the right decision? Not really tryna defend Ward but it looks like he was in a tough spot

Edit— or is jimmy supposed to stay disciplined and only cover that area you pointed out in the gif?

Yeah, since it's zone coverage, Jimmy must only defend that deep third. That's his assignment. At the snap of the ball, Jimmy should be immediately sinking back to his deep third(the big green bubble area) while immediately looking for any potential receivers coming into his zone.

I learned my lesson getting hyped for a player after they’re first year

The nfl is so fast and teams study these players to death... Happens to a lot of players, once the film is out they’ll find your weakness

Back
Top Bottom