Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

It’s posted but none of those shops have any info or anything in their online stores.

Gotta love when they tell you the shoe releases Friday but it’s actually a list of places that will have them… sometime.

I can appreciate the shoe by a black designer going to black-owned stores, but Saucony’s organization and communication on this was trash
I agree like do you not want them to sell?

I created a new set of tabs with every site getting them and I’ll check tomorrow morning and update here with who has any inventory. Also reached out to Social Status on their discord for info so if they respond I’ll let y’all know

Nope! Wouldn’t chance it.

I'll be copping Friday morning. Really don't see those hitting discount.

Dang that sucks. I swear the other day when I was reading about them they were up on Stockx with a bunch of sizes near retail at about $190-$200 so I thought they might be an easy grab, but now I can't even find them listed there.

Edit: Found it https://stockx.com/saucony-progrid-omni-9-purple-yellow

Saucony hype is back now I guess? I haven't seen much hype for the brand since about 10 years ago when they were dropping banger after banger.

What is sizing like on the Omni 9? Saucony are usually TTS for me.

Also one more question sorry, they releasing on Saucony.com? I can't find any info on their release, just other retailers.

Edit: Looks like 20th for Sauc and other retailers...Wonder why Sneaker Politics gets em early?

Last edited:
I dunno that they're hyped. That's a seller asking retail + $7 before release. I don't think this is a hard cop but I also don't think the crystal caves are lasting beyond Friday. I could be very wrong. The 2000's mesh runner style is blowing up. Which is pretty funny to see as a guy who was wearing Asics and Saucony from about 00-05 on the roads.

I dunno that they're hyped. That's a seller asking retail + $7 before release. I don't think this is a hard cop but I also don't think the crystal caves are lasting beyond Friday. I could be very wrong. The 2000's mesh runner style is blowing up. Which is pretty funny to see as a guy who was wearing Asics and Saucony from about 00-05 on the roads.

Yeah true this style of shoe has gotten crazy popular lately. I've been rocking Saucony and Asics for about 15 years, but never really this style, more stuff like Shadow 5000/6000 and GL3 Asics.

Colors on this are fire though, I like the theme. I might wait for the Saucony drop though just for the free returns if they don't work out.

Saucony hype is back now I guess? I haven't seen much hype for the brand since about 10 years ago when they were dropping banger after banger.
Wanted to address this because I think it ties into Bimma Williams and the Claima release and where the brand's thinking is at the moment. They've brought in/back a lot of talent. Here he talks about returning to Saucony years later after starting his career there. This was a couple weeks back on the Complex Sneakers Podcast:

On getting his own shoe with the Claim a Seat:

Claim A Seat Unboxing:

I talked about this over on the Asics thread, and I have a similar way of thinking as you. These were the styles people wore because they were the "real" running shoes, and it definitely wasn't because they looked good.

9.5 left…

I found out some of these were only announced at random times in the shops IG stories. Really making this a pain.

9.5 left…

I found out some of these were only announced at random times in the shops IG stories. Really making this a pain.
Thank you. Was able to buy my size but I am hoping they didn’t oversell.

Good luck today for anyone else that’s going to coo.

Turns out Corporate release for the Claima was in Cinci only, and I missed out online at the few places that have popped up. Guess it wasn’t meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom