Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Part of the "Sushi Pack" coming out 7/15

Eh, decent but pass on all from the looks of it...

Probably, though I could see myself getting either the green or the red pair.

There's also the Betta's, which in my opinion aren't as nice

These are dope. I have all 3 and love them. cheap materials but I only paid 30 bucks each so I'm good

These are dope. I have all 3 and love them. cheap materials but I only paid 30 bucks each so I'm good
Why doesn't Saucony use premium materials for their "collection packs"? I understand going basic on GR's since they release a good bit of colorways but I for one wouldn't mind paying a little more for some higher quality. Honestly the last Saucony collection pair I purchased was a Shadow 5 and it seriously looked like something you would find at a Rack Room shoes or Payless with the glue stains/stitching issues. 

Quality check is always an issue, but thier last 2 6k packs used very nice suede the Bermuda pack aswell. Ranging from $100-$120. Sometimes the use of synthetic vegan materials is good for a change especially in the summer.

$30 a pop is a price I could easily live with, and would result in me probably getting 2 of the colorways, if not all 3. Especially because I feel they'd probably still be more comfortable than the majority of Jordan retros anyways. :lol:

Why doesn't Saucony use premium materials for their "collection packs"? I understand going basic on GR's since they release a good bit of colorways but I for one wouldn't mind paying a little more for some higher quality. Honestly the last Saucony collection pair I purchased was a Shadow 5 and it seriously looked like something you would find at a Rack Room shoes or Payless with the glue stains/stitching issues. 
Yeah I'm not sure bro. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I feel like they use primo materials more on 6000s rather than 5000s which sucks. Some of the synthetic 5000s feel very cheap even on some solebox collabs and West nyc first collab. That being said, it would be cool if this pack was real suede but really I don't mind. I mean I live in NYC and I need some dope synthetic kicks that I can wear in the rain anyway.

Yeah I'm not sure bro. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I feel like they use primo materials more on 6000s rather than 5000s which sucks. Some of the synthetic 5000s feel very cheap even on some solebox collabs and West nyc first collab. That being said, it would be cool if this pack was real suede but really I don't mind. I mean I live in NYC and I need some dope synthetic kicks that I can wear in the rain anyway.
Not necessarily weather related for me, but as somebody who wears their kicks daily I appreciate the fact that the synthetics can be cleaned without much hassle.  Oh, and even though Saucony quality isn't the best, at least the price points are pretty reasonable, especially if you wait for the eventual price drops.

i feel your pain cuz.  went with a 9, and i'm pretty sure it's gotta be a 9.5. but, it's manageable.  i'm going for .5 up regardless.
Yea. It seems like the kushwhacker ship has sailed. I will need to re-sell and re-purchase if I can't find a local trade.

Back
Top Bottom