Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Quick rant, I find it discouraging that you got these youtubers designing sauconys, calling them "originators" who only been into sauconys ever since they were seeded pairs and never have i seen them buy pairs on thier own to support the brand ( i follow most of them on youtube) but no love for those who been supporting sauconyoriginals for a minute.
I could think a handful of peeps who been into sauconys getting no recognition or the oppurtunity to share their support for the brand.

Sh** like that makes me dissapointed in the brand.
Guess having a following makes you an originator
mean.gif

Oh wells its been a dissapointing year for saucony anyways.
bro don't even get me started on this. ive been feeling like this for a while now. watching videos where they don't even know the name of the model they are reviewing...im not saying that i should be one of them because i shouldn't lol, but there are def some ppl that come to mind that have supported Saucony for years through their pockets and posts and get no recognition at all for whatever reason
mean.gif

Last edited:
Its very discouraging man..their are some who deserve it but if your gona Allow dudes like heskicks and delz and couple others who dont know sh'** about the models they review then this brand is gona go downhill. I understand its a marketing tool (which isnt even working well because all thier GRs end up on the sales racks ) but if your gona stamp the idea "originators" to dudes who only get seeded pairs then they arent true to thier roots.

Quick rant, I find it discouraging that you got these youtubers designing sauconys, calling them "originators" who only been into sauconys ever since they were seeded pairs and never have i seen them buy pairs on thier own to support the brand ( i follow most of them on youtube) but no love for those who been supporting sauconyoriginals for a minute.
I could think a handful of peeps who been into sauconys getting no recognition or the oppurtunity to share their support for the brand.

Guess having a following makes you an originator :smh:

Clout +1 - I remember in 2000 rocking the Saucony Navy Blue Jazz's & to see them make big strides after the first decade of the 21 century was EXCELLENT. I know Saucony will get their beat back. I'm glad they have had, low hype and a reasonable price for the most part.

I can understand why OG Saucony heads would be taken back by the Originators thing, but you gotta take it for what it is... They aren't trying to appeal to people who are already brand loyalists, but rather potential new customers who look up to those influencers and might start buying Sauconys.

Top 4 for both sneakers is awesome thanks for all the support and I hope once in hand people's mind will change and appreciate more the west collabo's as far as all other they have done an amazing job with there collabo's great theme and enhancing the coolness of Saucony brand, sneaker freakers are always top dog to beat they are the greats like solebox n mitas honor to be up there with them as far as cool collabo's
my n.gga 
pimp.gif

I agree with all of the post about the Saucony Originators. But if Saucony think that these individuals can expose their brand, than so be it. I've been sleeping on Saucony's for awhile, but it's not after the Offspring and Sneaker Freaker collab got me interested in the brand especially at the retail price of their shoes. Just my 2 cents.

You tubers are mad irritating with Saucony. Like, every Saucony review sounds similar to an infomercial. Never heard a YouTube personality give a Saucony product a bad review, and there are crappy sauconys. I think we all know that. Especially Hes, dude is the worst.

Guess having a following makes you an originator
mean.gif

sadly this is culture we live in now.

stuff like ashton kutcher being a "product engineer", rihanna being a design director, william being an idiot...its just people doing job they shouldn't be doing because of popularity.

its all because of fame and 0 to do with their ability to design. 

but keep in mind, they aren't really designing a shoe. they're playing coloring book/nike ID like ronnie with them. 

still annoying. 

See that's my thing with celebs and popularity designing sneaks like NikeiD. If I was doing a collab with any shoe I'll make sure they get a product or CW they rarely see, with great materials and simple color blocking. I miss those days because now some products are "gimmicky" and "forced stories" ya know.

I follow at least two of the guys picked and they have decent sized followings and they push the brand. Devils advocate ......who are the true "originators" ? The OG's? Meaning If I'm Saucony and I invite Yoanty who would be an alternative? Serious question. Yoanty has 116K followers on just YouTube. I'm not sure if Saucony is aware of some random dude that has loved the Brand since 1995. they appreciate that customer but to move product they need folks with reach. I think it's exciting to see what they create. what I really would have hated if they would have paid some random rapper/"taste maker" to stamp their name on a shoe. I hate that ish with a passion!

I follow at least two of the guys picked and they have decent sized followings and they push the brand. Devils advocate ......who are the true "originators" ? The OG's? Meaning If I'm Saucony and I invite Yoanty who would be an alternative? Serious question. Yoanty has 116K followers on just YouTube. I'm not sure if Saucony is aware of some random dude that has loved the Brand since 1995. they appreciate that customer but to move product they need folks with reach. I think it's exciting to see what they create. what I really would have hated if they would have paid some random rapper/"taste maker" to stamp their name on a shoe. I hate that ish with a passion!
Facts [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

This.

Guess having a following makes you an originator :smh:

To be honest with you, Saucony videos were almost non existent up until about a year ago. They did a good job selection most people imo. I have the smallest amount of Subscribers out of the 10 people selected. They could have easily picked someone else with more subs, but I've been showing Saucony's on my channel for a long time, well before they ever sent me anything. So they did take a look at people that have been supporting the brand consistently.

To be honest with you, Saucony videos were almost non existent up until about a year ago. They did a good job selection most people imo. I have the smallest amount of Subscribers out of the 10 people selected. They could have easily picked someone else with more subs, but I've been showing Saucony's on my channel for a long time, well before they ever sent me anything. So they did take a look at people that have been supporting the brand consistently.
Truth.  I've been watching Eddie's Saucony videos since before he was getting his pairs seeded.  Repped!

Repped.

Back
Top Bottom