Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Random question someone might have an answer for: On the insole of my West NYC Saltwaters there's a patch sewn on that says "FMJBW." Anyone here have any idea what that might mean?
west-nyc-saucony-shadow-90-saltwater-fisherman-8.jpg

Random question someone might have an answer for: On the insole of my West NYC Saltwaters there's a patch sewn on that says "FMJBW." Anyone here have any idea what that might mean?
west-nyc-saucony-shadow-90-saltwater-fisherman-8.jpg

1:50 - I’ll let you be surprised lol

1:50 - I’ll let you be surprised lol

That's fantastic - thanks!!! Now I really wanna get the Freshwaters :lol:

What a great video. Man, there was like a 5-6 year stretch where Saucony's boutique collabs just absolutely destroyed everything else except maybe the GL3 anniversary collection. And videos like this one just helped add to the sense the shoes were special. Hopefully they can get back into that groove soon with West, EB, Bait, etc.

That's fantastic - thanks!!! Now I really wanna get the Freshwaters :lol:

What a great video. Man, there was like a 5-6 year stretch where Saucony's boutique collabs just absolutely destroyed everything else except maybe the GL3 anniversary collection. And videos like this one just helped add to the sense the shoes were special. Hopefully they can get back into that groove soon with West, EB, Bait, etc.

Well after seeing that video I am now going to "fish" around for a pair :tongue:

Hello all, I am looking at buying a pair of Shadow 5000s but I’ve never owned Saucony shoes. Is the sizing comparable to Air Max 1s? Any help is appreciated.

Food Fights show up as sold out when I try to checkout at Saks. I'm sure we'll be able to get them eventually.

Meantime, I'll happily grab these off Saucony for $90 shipped using code SOLEMATE plus 8% cashback from TopCashback :nthat:

S70587-1_1

S70587-1_3

S70587-1_5

Edit: Didn't realize these were what Randomhi Randomhi posted from Bodega a couple weeks back. They want $120 for 'em, but Saucony.com only has 'em listed for $100.

Last edited:
I agree. This was actually the pair that got me into sauconys. Couldn’t believe the quality on them. Seems like that’s not the case anymore?
Nah, the quality is definitely still there, even on GRs. The hype is gone though, which is ironic because I feel like the Blue Apples just preceded the Saucony/Asics runners hype.

I still think 6Ks -- even the current ones -- are one of the best silhouettes on the market today.

I agree. This was actually the pair that got me into sauconys. Couldn’t believe the quality on them. Seems like that’s not the case anymore?

And what's really funny about you saying the Blue Apples got you into Sauconys, the Grid 9K GRs Saucony put out lifting this CW (Three Rivers pack) is one of the first pair of Sauconys I bought after getting back into sneakers.

fBr9uJLOnH8VVSz30jhxI0VhDp47k2XsiTtRb22l5QWs_nplsWF_0UkaDZNr2kkf5U21COqE-BKmOMrQ0fkpl-mh6ikQ5-xZZ9kAzI7qnyiNKNii-iHLmgpE0pjqYXdDbNtnBhcTUKD8EeVnr7pBTSoijhnxsxZuYke-sA

Back
Top Bottom