Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

I hate what mixtapes have done, way too much is being put out and most of it isn't quality. I think even with the abundance of these new fans artist can still make quality albums regardless of the rules if they focused more on albums and less exhaustion on mixtapes. I also want to see this spoiled trend of wanting artist to drop music every 5 months to die.

I also want to see this spoiled trend of wanting artist to drop music every 5 months to die.

This is so damn annoying :lol:

*3 months after born sinner dropped* "Cole need to drop some new ish, dude gone fall off" what? :stoneface: Mixtapes take away from the album anticipation/releasing experience IMO unless the artist releases free music rarely and strategically (ex. J. Cole). I love how TDE is doing it tho, they never hesitated to release a album-type project for Isaiah Rashad and he hasn't even been signed that long.

I'm really digging this album with the exceptions of Los Awesome and Hell of a Night. I don't think either of them are necessarily bad songs per se, but they don't fit the vibe of the album to me. Actually, Q could have probably gone without those two as well as Studio and Man of the Year and replaced those with some of the tracks from the deluxe edition that blend better with the overall energy and vibe of the album, IMO. Very nice album, nonetheless...

Q doesn't do this at his shows though, maybe that was 2 Chainz call.

So your telling me that there are instrumentals to all of Q's tracks somewhere out there?

Yeah I'm a need one of y'all to infiltrate his camp and get that...

Technically there are instrumentals for every record but I doubt q's get out. They'll be a bunch of loops on YouTube tho :lol:

aiight-- so I need a set list from people who seen him; thinking I may go to his Dallas show.

But I nEEEEED to hear 'Oxymoron' and 'What you Need'

eek.gif
 @ the bloods & crips album

Downloaded those Asap 
laugh.gif

Rival gang members on songs together dissing eachother

Mind = Blown

Majority of the members passed away or are incarcerated  

Aim that, shoot that, pledge allegiance
Kill mine, kill yours, make it even

Man Blind Threats is so hard, perfection

Never heard of Lordquest but he is a God for that beat, thought it was Alchemist.

Okay, so I've given this album time to marinate. I was initially lukewarm on this, but I'm loving this now. Same way I felt about GKMC when it dropped. Even Los Awesome. His and Her Fiend :pimp:

Okay, so I've given this album time to marinate. I was initially lukewarm on this, but I'm loving this now. Same way I felt about GKMC when it dropped. Even Los Awesome. His and Her Fiend :pimp:

Never got the Los Awesome hate. The way Jay Rock comes in sounding JUST LIKE Freeway :smokin

Back
Top Bottom