Official Slam Dunk Jordan Release Thread

So JB signed a contract with some Anime company that designed these Slam Dunks, looks like we got a lot more tacky cws dropping. JB really is wrecking the glamourous history behind these shoes. Il look back in 5 years and probably see 50 Jordan cws I don't even wanna see in person. If I look back 5 years from now I want every cw I see. Because it wasn't overboard, but I guess its all about the money. Yeh yeh... lol:smh:

the creator of slam dunk Takehiko Inoue had been doing slam dunk theme shoe collabs with nike for quite a few years now, its just the first time with jb ( i don't why it took so long)

btw, the snapback looks dope minus the giant jumpman, but i'm more of a fitted type :/

Last edited:
So JB signed a contract with some Anime company that designed these Slam Dunks, looks like we got a lot more tacky cws dropping. JB really is wrecking the glamourous history behind these shoes. Il look back in 5 years and probably see 50 Jordan cws I don't even wanna see in person. If I look back 5 years from now I want every cw I see. Because it wasn't overboard, but I guess its all about the money. Yeh yeh... lol:smh:

The existence of this collab actually makes sense whether you like the shoe or not.

This is an example of how deeply ingrained Jordan was beyond the court reaching even manga

Lots of people in here who don't know about slam dunk the anime. This is one of the dopest colabs Nike has ever done

you prolly have no clue about how many ppl in asia got to know JB thru this manga. 

JB designed these as a homage to the Slam Dunk manga from the 90s. One of the biggest manga in Japan during the 90s its up there with dbz. Because of this manga basketball got even more popular in Japan than it was before and exposed Japan to Jordan's since the Main character wore 6s and 1s. It is a great homage. If you dont like it fine, but let the people who do like it enjoy it

Last edited:
The existence of this collab actually makes sense whether you like the shoe or not.

This is an example of how deeply ingrained Jordan was beyond the court reaching even manga

Yes but now they've made 1, theyl make 5 more probably once they see the $ and go wreck this theme. Im not bashing no one, I just don't like the shoe. If they stick with just these itl be good, I know the background behind it and its good they are releasing just wish it looked better, imo. Im just scared JB is gonna go wild with this now and fold to the pressure of the beasts. Saying that though, I may like the 5 and eat my words :rofl:

Last edited:

JB designed these as a homage to the Slam Dunk manga from the 90s. One of the biggest manga in Japan during the 90s its up there with dbz. Because of this manga basketball got even more popular in Japan than it was before and exposed Japan to Jordan's since the Main character wore 6s and 1s. It is a great homage. If you dont like it fine, but let the people who do like it enjoy it
not only japan, definitely the whole asia. this is the prolly THE biggest sport manga.

not only japan, definitely the whole asia. this is the prolly THE biggest sport manga.
its either this or initial d

Welp I can't resist. I'm in...

Btw that matching gear is actually pretty dope

beats the ugly 9s in that avatar that's for sure. :wink: smh with random non-OG colorway. 

at least these "slam dunks" are what inspired a generation of us who grew up in Asia to get into basketball, not just the influence of NBA and MJ. 

What are some legit pre-order sites? I will be on vacation in Florida on Nov 1st...

Any FCFS in Tampa, Miami or anywhere in between? Or are they all raffles?

I don't think I could trust anyone to sell me a legit Preorder on this particular shoe.

There are so many reps of these on the bay already. And we just got the RD what yesterday? 

That's a hard grab there man.

Man, I feel like these will end up being packaged with the Super Fly 3's just like the Pantone's are packaged with the 29's and the Brazil 6's were packaged with CP3's. Jordan knows that there's a whole lot of hype for this shoe as is the case for the Pantone 11's. I don't think it's a coincidence that per J23 App that these Slam Dunk 6's release 11/1/2014 and so do the "Slam Dunk" Super Fly 3's :smh:

I couldn't justify the purchase of the championship pack for $250 a piece. I couldn't justify the purchase of Brazil pack for $500. I dont care if these are packaged with an another or if its $250. These will be copped best new retro colorway of the year. I love the anime and I love 6s....im dying for these.

Pre Order for the Slam Dunk 6's are up in KC for 420 USD

I'm stopping myself for pre ordering it, gonna try copping it first and hoping I can get the chance and blessed to cop it for SRP.

Man, I feel like these will end up being packaged with the Super Fly 3's just like the Pantone's are packaged with the 29's and the Brazil 6's were packaged with CP3's. Jordan knows that there's a whole lot of hype for this shoe as is the case for the Pantone 11's. I don't think it's a coincidence that per J23 App that these Slam Dunk 6's release 11/1/2014 and so do the "Slam Dunk" Super Fly 3's :smh:
superflys are actually dope, I'd cop both if they are packaged together

Pre Order for the Slam Dunk 6's are up in KC for 420 USD

I'm stopping myself for pre ordering it, gonna try copping it first and hoping I can get the chance and blessed to cop it for SRP.
all in all 420 isint bad considering retail is 250+tax and you're getting an authentic pair.

Lets see how the Australian release goes. but usually we dont get any of the cool stuff, from video games to cars, they always release other places but here in the states.

Back
Top Bottom