:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^thanks bud, went to workout in them..horrible idea smh. is there any way to clear up the air bubble? I heard that a qtip and alcohol helps

Originally Posted by BallinB

^thanks bud, went to workout in them..horrible idea smh. is there any way to clear up the air bubble? I heard that a qtip and alcohol helps
You can try, qtip and alcohol, wouldnt hurt. But if its inside the bubble possibly try blow drying it just how you would when blow drying foggedhalograms on the XIIIs. If those don't work. Then there's no way to clear it up.

Any thoughts on using argon gas to preserve shoes
roll.gif

^ prevent yellowing while keeping the leather and glue fresh
not sure though, but they use it to preserve wine and the declaration of Independence, so its gotta be good enough for shoes

Two questions...

1) I just bought a pair of Military IV's and both the netting and gray "wing" are slightly yellowed. Is there any hope of bringing it back?

and

2) When Sea-Glowing a pair of V's, can it be used on the mesh mid panel?

Question about iv's. I have a pair of military iv that ive worn about 10 times and the paint has started to chip. just got a pair of cdp iv and grey iv,was wondering if there is anything i could do or put on to help prevent paint cracking on the midsole.

thanks

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Two questions...

1) I just bought a pair of Military IV's and both the netting and gray "wing" are slightly yellowed. Is there any hope of bringing it back?

and

No hope, only way is repainting. And yes you can seaglow the clear mid panel.
Originally Posted by davey5737

Question about iv's. I have a pair of military iv that ive worn about 10 times and the paint has started to chip. just got a pair of cdp iv and grey iv, was wondering if there is anything i could do or put on to help prevent paint cracking on the midsole.

thanks
The only way to stop the paint from chipping is not wearing it. Other than that, your gonna have to deal with it. You can always repaint.

i dont know if this is the place to ask but...

is there anyone willing to seaglow some concord xi's for me?

if so please pm me...thanks.

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Here's a new one for you guys. Sole Transplant.
Goodjob on those. doesnt look too bad except on the carbon fiber with the excess glue showing. But other than that. i'd think soles were neverreplaced

Is there anything you can do to prevent the yellowing on the white mid-sole of the playoff XII's? They are DS and have never been worn, but they have someslight yellowing on the white sides. Is there anything I can use on it to whiten it?

Originally Posted by jamazing

Is there anything you can do to prevent the yellowing on the white mid-sole of the playoff XII's? They are DS and have never been worn, but they have some slight yellowing on the white sides. Is there anything I can use on it to whiten it?

use a fine grade of sandpaper and lightly sand it till the yellowing goes away

Originally Posted by FPSee

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Here's a new one for you guys. Sole Transplant.
Goodjob on those. doesnt look too bad except on the carbon fiber with the excess glue showing. But other than that. i'd think soles were never replaced
pretty good job imo. for the excess glue you can use an exacto knife or something similar to cut off the glue. as far as the jumpman on the solesyou can just take your old one and swap it for the other jumpman on the donor soles. same thing can be done for the "concord" part of the bottomsoles. just heat up the areas to peel off the shoes and swap it out with the donors. this is why i love the xi's as far as the possibilities of fixing upbeaters to make look good again. keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Two questions...

and

No hope, only way is repainting. And yes you can seaglow the clear mid panel.
Ok then.

Thanks, my dude.

Originally Posted by Matt53

Is there anything you can do to prevent the yellowing on the white mid-sole of the playoff XII's? They are DS and have never been worn, but they have some slight yellowing on the white sides. Is there anything I can use on it to whiten it?

you can do that, but keep in mind that once you do that. the midsoles wont hold up as well. and the texture wont be the same as before. Andit'll become very brittle possible falling apart if you decide to wear them. So please before careful.

Originally Posted by Realest

How do I restore faded suede ?

do I need a nubuck dye?

Whats the best kind?
you can use baby oil. I use that method and i havent used any other products so i wouldnt really know about nubuck dyes.

you can do that, but keep in mind that once you do that. the midsoles wont hold up as well. and the texture wont be the same as before. And it'll become very brittle possible falling apart if you decide to wear them. So please before careful.

do I need a nubuck dye?

Whats the best kind?
you can use baby oil. I use that method and i havent used any other products so i wouldnt really know about nubuck dyes.

baby oil? seriously I though it was most important to provent oils on suede sounds too good to be true but ill try it

you can do that, but keep in mind that once you do that. the midsoles wont hold up as well. and the texture wont be the same as before. And it'll become very brittle possible falling apart if you decide to wear them. So please before careful.

do I need a nubuck dye?

Whats the best kind?

baby oil? seriously I though it was most important to provent oils on suede sounds too good to be true but ill try it
it helped for me. it darkened my suede pretty good for a long time. it wasnt a temp. darken either. for me at least.

how do you prevent the powdering of the jordan 8s? my true reds' soles literally became powder and i wouldnt want that to happen to my aquas.

is there anything to make nubuck stronger. i have sum VIs were if i slightly scratch them it tears. is there anything i can do? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom