:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by djeo23

Originally Posted by FPSee

Originally Posted by andyMR3

^ can anybody tell me their experience with rit to clean dmp xi white mesh.. thanks.. pics appreciated.. thank for response fp

ISS have a tut. on RIT with lots of pictures. and no problem.

Originally Posted by ROYALTY D

i have a question for storing the 09 space jams, i want to keep them DS for A LONG TIME, i took out the tissue paper in the box, but how bout the blue plastic "XI" covering...should i take that out also? or leave it?

i still find it stupid for whoever said that tissue helps the soles turn yellow faster but thats just my opinion, but the plastic covering should be left. if somebody says that helps the soles turn yellow also. i will slap them.
grin.gif

Should they be stored in a ziplock bag with no silica gel or should they be left in the box with a few silica gel packets? Gotta keep the soles ICY! Please help!
ziplock if you would like with silica packs. just as long moisture doesnt come in contact with the soles your good.

^ can anybody tell me their experience with rit to clean dmp xi white mesh.. thanks.. pics appreciated.. thank for response fp

i have a question for storing the 09 space jams, i want to keep them DS for A LONG TIME, i took out the tissue paper in the box, but how bout the blue plastic "XI" covering...should i take that out also? or leave it?

i still find it stupid for whoever said that tissue helps the soles turn yellow faster but thats just my opinion, but the plastic covering should be left. if somebody says that helps the soles turn yellow also. i will slap them.
grin.gif

Should they be stored in a ziplock bag with no silica gel or should they be left in the box with a few silica gel packets? Gotta keep the soles ICY! Please help!
ziplock if you would like with silica packs. just as long moisture doesnt come in contact with the soles your good.

Oh really? I was told to either, not both cause then the shoes would crack?

grin.gif

Oh really? I was told to either, not both cause then the shoes would crack?
never knew XIs cracked.

does anyone with the cdp Xi's know if the back 23 stitching really falls apart after a couple wears?
this is probably one of the only xi's i'll own besides jams

i want to care for them as well as possible, but if this is a major problem i don't know if i can wear them with a clear conscience lol..

^^the best way to prevent the 23 from peeling off is to not pull on it when you are putting on the shoe. After a while of pulling on it your finger willeventually peel it off so just dont pull on it an you should be good

^^no problem.....nah man the 23 on the back of the OGs and retros dont peel off as easily but they eventually will so just make sure u dont pull on it and thatgoes for the space jams as well

I know clear soles come out alot on here, however, what are you guys specifically doing to the DMP's and the Carmines of the CDP to keep them fromyellowing the least possible? DMPS are going on to a several years now, so the thought of yellowing comes to mind. The Carmines aswell...

Both of mine are DS, boxed, stored in bedroom closet, normal room temperature. I did remove the tissue from box, however I haven't done any of the Ziplocbag, silica packs, damp rids ideas that often float around. Are small towels around shoes an idea, just saw it Youtube a few days ago and dudes shoes lookgood.

I do take them out once in awhile to "breathe", is that a good idea? Does taking them out of the box and having them on the carpet a bad idea? Thanksguys!

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

thanks for the help

is this 23 stitching as fragile on cdp's as they are on other retro's/og's
its not stitching. its more like a sticker or some non-durable paint. The older XIs are MUCH more durable and last a long time, just dont bereckless taking them off or putting them on.
Originally Posted by skrew713

I know clear soles come out alot on here, however, what are you guys specifically doing to the DMP's and the Carmines of the CDP to keep them from yellowing the least possible? DMPS are going on to a several years now, so the thought of yellowing comes to mind. The Carmines aswell...

Both of mine are DS, boxed, stored in bedroom closet, normal room temperature. I did remove the tissue from box, however I haven't done any of the Ziploc bag, silica packs, damp rids ideas that often float around. Are small towels around shoes an idea, just saw it Youtube a few days ago and dudes shoes look good.

I do take them out once in awhile to "breathe", is that a good idea? Does taking them out of the box and having them on the carpet a bad idea? Thanks guys!
small towels are one way to prevent moisture from contacting the shoes. Taking them out every once in awhile would possibly be ideal for theCarmines. and i dont know which DMP's your talking about.

Originally Posted by captainkeyz

Hey guys how can i get rid of the grey lines and restore the suede on these things, i dont wanna Un-DS my other play off 8's...I need some to wear....Also there is bad creasing in these and i wanna get rid of it

Lets get this straight. You have 2 pair of the same shoe. One is beat, but you wont wear the fresh pair? What was the purpose of buying two?

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

How long does it take to sea glow a pair of 11s? I know the time varies, but any estimated time.
a week of hard work...i presume

Originally Posted by tHe174Movement

Thanks dcheeks. So can I buy everything at home depot?

Yeah bro all you need is at home depot or lowes.........except the seaglow! Just purchase a shop light and two bulbs and either hang your light or get atranslucent dome to set the light on and you are good to go!

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

How long does it take to sea glow a pair of 11s? I know the time varies, but any estimated time.

No way to answer that without seeing your soles! Also depends on whether you would be doing them indoors or out!

Originally Posted by skrew713

I know clear soles come out alot on here, however, what are you guys specifically doing to the DMP's and the Carmines of the CDP to keep them from yellowing the least possible? DMPS are going on to a several years now, so the thought of yellowing comes to mind. The Carmines aswell...

Both of mine are DS, boxed, stored in bedroom closet, normal room temperature. I did remove the tissue from box, however I haven't done any of the Ziploc bag, silica packs, damp rids ideas that often float around. Are small towels around shoes an idea, just saw it Youtube a few days ago and dudes shoes look good.

I do take them out once in awhile to "breathe", is that a good idea? Does taking them out of the box and having them on the carpet a bad idea? Thanks guys!
You are overthinking this a bit bro............Just ziplock em and be done with it! Here are some 00 Jams I store in ziplocks and they haveremained pretty icey!

Those are the iciest 00 retros I ever seen.

I don't have my own pics nor do I have a camera to take them, but here is a link of the listing:

http://www.s o l e c o l l e c t o r.com/forums/mp_item.php?id=29061

IDK but why is SOLE always censored?

Originally Posted by theLwerd

how do you prevent molding in shoes? i dont want my jordan 7s to start molding
frown.gif
i really dont know how people got mold on their shoes. Either their feet has really bad fungus or something. or they put it next to a purifier orsomething that would cause moisture to build up inside the shoe. Just store them inside the box and put them in a dark place. (i.e closet) if you really areworried. just place a couple of silica packs in the box.

has any1 ever spread a light coat of clear drying super glue over the infrared part of the VIs to either stop chipping or prevent chipping?

Does anyone know what paint I should use to cover up the cracking and all the other marks on the shoe?

4263809043_bf61f4c6ed.jpg

4264559842_5d382d5a3b.jpg

4264560074_78e534bf25.jpg

^This is the part I just hate the most.
mad.gif
sick.gif

whats the best way to clean the jean stains off the heel tabs on the true blue 3s? i tried alcohol but its not working
frown.gif

i hear alcohol is just like pouring acid on your shoes... very bad for the materials. use any magic eraser (mr. clean, etc), i found another brand (which nameescapes me) in ace hardware BUT IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM.
wink.gif

ok i am a newbie to NT. long time reader. finally making a post as i have soome shoes i really want to resurrect. i recently got my hands on a pair of the allwhite Vs from 2001. i got the laces clean and restored and polished the leather all up. i have some creases in the toe to worry about. may just throw someforcefields in them. i am a HUGE believer in those things. i plan to get my hands on some seaglow to work over the soles with. (i have a trashed pair of CG Xisto train on). now will seaglow work on the yellowed mesh of the tongue and side? also, the rubber part on the toe of the shoe is yellowed. what is the best wayto get that back to original color?

i am also getting my hands on some retro VI lows and a pair of beat OG Vs. the leather is faded and even "worn out" i guess. the black nubuck/seudeon the vis has gray scuffs on it and the Vs may not even be savable. not sure until i see them in person later this week. is there any remedy for these? i maytake them to the local shoe repair and see what magic he can do.

thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom