:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Attn:  XI Restoration experts

I've got (2) major issues with a pair of Cool Grey that needs to be restored.  First, the soles need to whitened (Planning:  Sea Glow method).  Secondly, the midsoles are beginning to separate from the patent leather part of shoe (Planning:  Shoe Goo method).  I've taken the time to search through most of the 141 pages over a period of 3 days but I have not found a definitive answer, so here goes my question.

My question is, since Sea Glow has the potential to deteriorate the glues associated with the structure of the shoe (if i'm not careful enough), should I go ahead and whiten the bottoms BEFORE I look into repairing the separation - OR do you recommend that I worry about the mending the separation before I waste the time, the resources and the effort with the Sea Glow whitening process?

My gut reaction says to worry about the soles first, because even though i'll whiten them as carefully as I can, there's still a chance that they can become exposed to unwanted areas of the shoe.  Also, since they're already due for a little shoe goo, perhaps it'll give me the liberty to "scrub" a little harder...

Just looking for experienced opinions.

Thanks.

is there any type of clear glue that you can put a thin layer over to prevent the midsole paint from cracking?

I have a pair of OG '95 Concords. The mesh is still white but the lace holders aka lace loop portions are yellowed. I tried to use barkeepers friend but they're still yellow. Any advice on how long I should leave the solution sitting on the shoe? I don't want to leave it too long in fears of something bad happening.

A little help is needed from experienced personnel and would be much appreciated.

Originally Posted by KACIN

Attn:  XI Restoration experts

I've got (2) major issues with a pair of Cool Grey that needs to be restored.  First, the soles need to whitened (Planning:  Sea Glow method).  Secondly, the midsoles are beginning to separate from the patent leather part of shoe (Planning:  Shoe Goo method).  I've taken the time to search through most of the 141 pages over a period of 3 days but I have not found a definitive answer, so here goes my question.

My question is, since Sea Glow has the potential to deteriorate the glues associated with the structure of the shoe (if i'm not careful enough), should I go ahead and whiten the bottoms BEFORE I look into repairing the separation - OR do you recommend that I worry about the mending the separation before I waste the time, the resources and the effort with the Sea Glow whitening process?

My gut reaction says to worry about the soles first, because even though i'll whiten them as carefully as I can, there's still a chance that they can become exposed to unwanted areas of the shoe.  Also, since they're already due for a little shoe goo, perhaps it'll give me the liberty to "scrub" a little harder...

Just looking for experienced opinions.

Thanks.

I suggest that you seaglow them first before you glue them back. Seaglow is so potent that it sometimes tends to deteriorate the glue even without contact with it.
Do as much seaglow sessions as you can before sticking back the soles.

will the tire wet remove something from the patent leather of my concords....or is that product supposed to be used strictly to shine the patent leather?

and do i just spray the tire wet on the patent leather then wipe....or should i spray it on the rag then wipe the patent leather

eyes.gif
YO am i tripping if i say that silcia packs dont work at all reason being is that i own a pair of grapes and laser v and i havent wore these two pairs cuz the ones that i wear still have a lot of life left well i have never tooken precaution on preventing the soles/netting from yellow well they have been in the box without the paper since i bought them and they still were icy but about 5 months ago i put these silcia packs in the box,actually i taped them to the inside of the box and put them up,well today i look in the box and they are yellow not what i was expecting at all

What's the final verdict on storage for Jordans? Ziplock bags or not?

I only have my pairs with icy soles in ziplock bags, inside the box...but the bags are not fully zipped, to allow SOME moisture to get in so the shoe doesn't totally dry out/crack when worn.

Do ALL Jordans need to be Ziplockd, or just icy soles?

Ive got some CG Xis and the midsole is starting to seperate a little from the upper patent leather...what is the best glue to use for this?

Originally Posted by HOMERXXI

eyes.gif
YO am i tripping if i say that silcia packs dont work at all reason being is that i own a pair of grapes and laser v and i havent wore these two pairs cuz the ones that i wear still have a lot of life left well i have never tooken precaution on preventing the soles/netting from yellow well they have been in the box without the paper since i bought them and they still were icy but about 5 months ago i put these silcia packs in the box,actually i taped them to the inside of the box and put them up,well today i look in the box and they are yellow not what i was expecting at all
yooo if i were you be careful with how many silica packs you put in your box because it will dry out your shoes because it keeps moisture out.  try and keep the packs at a min and if you're going to wear them just clean the soles with a toothbrush and soap and water after every wear.  cleaning the soles will keep the yellowing to a minimum.  also, you should put them in a ziploc bag and leave it open just to allow some moisture in because leather needs to breathe.

^^^^^ yo i put just two one on eac h side of the box i actually taped them to the box but im convinced that the only way to keep them fresh for a long time is keep them away from heat and no silcia packs

Originally Posted by psypha

Ive got some CG Xis and the midsole is starting to seperate a little from the upper patent leather...what is the best glue to use for this?
Shoe goo. I used it on my concord (midsole and outsole separation). It works!

Originally Posted by glitch008

Originally Posted by psypha

Shoe goo. I used it on my concord (midsole and outsole separation). It works!

thanks man!

Whats the best way to get marks/smudges off on these Mist IV's? They aren't all that bad but it's been bugging me when I see them from up above when I finally decide to wear'em.

What's up guy's, new around here and read the first page.. First and foremost, AWESOME INFO, thanks a lot!

Just started going through my closet and busting out the collection, haven't touched my Jordan's in 8+ years! Came across one of my all time FAVORITES, OG White/RED 13's... Got the usual fogged hologram, little bleeding onto the edge of leather where it meets, and tiny bit of yellowing..

Used the magic eraser, must say it worked damn well freshening them up a little bit, but now the leather looks "dry" and brittle almost. What is the best way to revitalize the white leather that has this much age? Would pic's help? Thanks, Martin!

can you somebody PM me another way
to clean the soles of your space jams
and still have them looking icy
i dont really wanna order that island girl thing
please let me know thankssssssssss

iLLGT2 wrote:
What's up guy's, new around here and read the first page.. First and foremost, AWESOME INFO, thanks a lot!

Just started going through my closet and busting out the collection, haven't touched my Jordan's in 8+ years! Came across one of my all time FAVORITES, OG White/RED 13's... Got the usual fogged hologram, little bleeding onto the edge of leather where it meets, and tiny bit of yellowing..

Used the magic eraser, must say it worked damn well freshening them up a little bit, but now the leather looks "dry" and brittle almost. What is the best way to revitalize the white leather that has this much age? Would pic's help? Thanks, Martin!

Try Armor All for leather, the stuff for car seats it works good. Pics would help but try the armor all. And try a hair dryer for the fogged hologram. good luck.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

iLLGT2 wrote:

Try Armor All for leather, the stuff for car seats it works good. Pics would help but try the armor all. And try a hair dryer for the fogged hologram. good luck.

Okay here are some pic's, they were taken with my iphone, don't have my good camera with me it's at the office :/ On that note, they look very bright and white under light and on the feet, in very good condition! BUT, there is some off white color! In the grain of the leather there are little creases, just normal but that's where the little yellowing is, in the crevices. I was thinking a shoe whitener? If I remember correctly those use to make my shoes look BRIGHT white, and i'm thinking on the side leather panels that's exactly what this shoe needs. I magic erasered it and it looks great, just dry now, toe box is also a bright white and doesn't have that issue.. BTW the lighting and camera phone may make it look more "yellow" then it is, sorry :/

Thanks for the help, much appreciate!

photocp.jpg

martinxiii.jpg

martinxiii.jpg

EDIT:
Opposed to this pair, brand new DS for sale (not my shoe just for comparison) the leather on the side is that bubbly/bright white, would love that luster back and it's not far off...

PLEASE HELP I wore my premeirs went to take them off rite after i washed my hands and touched the shoe well i didnt think it was a big deal where i wet them but then it dryed and it turned white,so im starring at the spot where its white and wondering wat can i do so i use suede and nubuck foam cleaner and it made it worse more white ,wat do yall suggest

just wondering if a the midsole of a shoe has no cracks but the air bubble is fogged, would it still be wearable?

Any update?? Wondering if I can use sneaker whitener on the upper/side leather parts of my 13's pictured!!!

Back
Top Bottom