:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Finally found this thread.

Is there a way to remove the ashy look from the rubber on these?

Camera ph pics.

Anybody seaglowed their jordan's and wore them? I seaglowed two Jordan V's and after I wear them on the street, they seem to collect more dirt and make them look dirtier than they are washed. Anybody have the same problem and has anybody found a solution?

My hypothesis is if you put water repellent on the bottom sole, it will not pick up as much but I have not tested this hypothesis yet.

@johnandrew07 - you have to wash them off over and over again, yeah i found out the hard way too.

@johngotty- i know, the organization is astonishing here. can you scratch it off? i would say acetone

@UPYOURSWAG Oh nice.. I was a little worried that it will stay like that forever haha. Damn I guess the seaglow solution is still on it huh, I have a heavy duty scrubber and dish soap. Hopefully that will do it
@johngotty- acetone is pretty strong. Try something more diluted like isopropyl 70% alcohol or nail polish remover. 

yeah i water proofed my jordan 5 black/mets that came out this year, chucked 2 coats on the soles just to see how it went... and theyve held up pretty well considering they get worn a couple times a week, if i get a chance ill take some flicks.

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

@johngotty- acetone is pretty strong. Try something more diluted like isopropyl 70% alcohol or nail polish remover. 
dude is telling him that acetone is strong yet tells him to use nail polish remover which is acetone

Whats up NT? 
I was just wondering if anybody has any experience replacing the suede/nubuck on the toe box of the 2000 Infrared VIs. I tried to search for it on here but I couldn't find it. Also, I figured that it's one of those restoration projects that not a lot of people do. I got a pair of Infrareds that could use some help, and I would really like to know what materials are used in the process and maybe the steps in which the process is done. Thanks in advance for any help. You can PM me with the info if you want. Thanks again! 

@johnandrew07- i dont see any pictures
@2bachobyul- post some pictures
@biglan4312- yeeah that takes some skill and resources.

nevermind they popped up johnandrew

that PL is trashed, since the patent leather is actually cracked and so destroyed theres no way to really bring it back

Originally Posted by UPYOURSWAG

@johnandrew07- i dont see any pictures
@2bachobyul- post some pictures
@biglan4312- yeeah that takes some skill and resources.
Do you know what skills and resources are needed? 

@biglan4312 Got it. A saw it on Craigslist for 30 and I thought it could be restored. Good thing I didn't jump on it. What a waste.

I just purchased a ds pair of french blue Viis off ebay, size 12. Are retro viis from 2002 wearable?

Depends on how they stored it. If you see any noticeable cracks on the midsole then it's more likely to crumble after wearing a couple of times.

If everything looks picture perfect, then you better rock it asap

I ended up unDeadstocking my french blues today and did not see any cracking however noticed creases along the white midsole...which is normal right?? I'll post some pics tomorrow

Here are better pics of the sole and overall shoe. 2001 Black/Red 1s. I've got an idea on restoring everything but the swoosh and the sole. No idea on how to clean the swoosh and I REALLY have no clue how I'm going to do a sole swap.

Sole swapping 1's or dunks in general look painfully hard.. You will have to un stitch the entire shoe and restitch the entire shoe again.... The toecap on my Metallic V's was difficult enough, think about the shoe as a whole! Good look to you bro,
Originally Posted by budgetballin

Does anyone have a Retrobrite formula. I want to make my own not buy someone else's "sauce".
I found a formula on youtube. I just bought the ingredients actually! I bought Corn Starch, OxiClean, and hydrogen peroxide 3%.. I can't find any more concentrated versions of the hydrogen peroxide in retail stores nor pharmacy's. I think you need it is only for online sale..

1/2 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide 

heaping Tablespoon of cornstarch

Then stir until it all incorporates

Microwave for 45 seconds

Stir

And finally, add 1 tablespoon and a half of oxiclean. 

I think this is just the general formula. I may need to tinker with it so I can get optimal results.

Sole swapping 1's or dunks in general look painfully hard.. You will have to un stitch the entire shoe and restitch the entire shoe again.... The toecap on my Metallic V's was difficult enough, think about the shoe as a whole! Good look to you bro,
Crap, really? Grr, if at all possible, I'd like to find someone to do the work for me. I really don't have the patience to learn how to break the shoe down. I'm sure there's people out there who restore sneakers for a living right?

@illadelALLDAY Yeah I'm sure. All you need to find is another pair with a red bottom sole and find someone who enjoys doing this kind of thing (i do). haha
Here's a sample of the powers of retr0brite. This isn't the exact formula for cleaning keyboards, but it does the job.

I just wanted to test out my first batch and the results look delicious P:

Originally Posted by budgetballin

Does anyone have a Retrobrite formula. I want to make my own not buy someone else's "sauce".
I found a formula on youtube. I just bought the ingredients actually! I bought Corn Starch, OxiClean, and hydrogen peroxide 3%.. I can't find any more concentrated versions of the hydrogen peroxide in retail stores nor pharmacy's. I think you need it is only for online sale..

1/2 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide 

heaping Tablespoon of cornstarch

Then stir until it all incorporates

Microwave for 45 seconds

Stir

And finally, add 1 tablespoon and a half of oxiclean. 

I think this is just the general formula. I may need to tinker with it so I can get optimal results.
-Dang, that is exactly what I used for the soles of my spi'zikes and v's and it hardly did anything. I too looked for a more concentrated formula of hydrogen peroxide, buy only found 3%. Restoremysneakers has 2 4 oz. bottles for $20 shipped, seems a bit steep though.
-Btw, do any of you all know how to turn the white plastic tab on the Jordan White Flip 3's back to White??? Just a bought a DS pair for $140, but the back plastic tab is pretty yellow
ohwell.gif
 Can get pictures if you all would like when they get here.
-I just unboxed my CDP 13's right now and to my horror all the white pods and front white toe is piss yellow.
eek.gif
mad.gif
 Anyone know how to fix this? Have Lincoln E-Z cleaner on the way for my suede and leather, but don't think it'll penetrate this. Anyone have any suggestions for this? The bubble is also foggy and I tried the blow drier and stopped after 5 mins because it smelled like something was burning.
nerd.gif
 Should I just try again?
div><div>%5BIMG%5D<a%20href=
/i43.tinypic.com/10z24y0.jpg">http://i43.tinypic.com/10z24y0.jpg" alt="image">

Thanks for the time

I need some help, guys.

I wore my Pewters the other night and came home with a scuff on them.
How do I go about getting this scuff outta here?

Back
Top Bottom