:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^^^ i'd try just wearing them, that needle sounds like a terrible idea, defeat the purpose of the air unit if it has a hole in it.

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

How can remove the heavy yellowing on my 2000 fire red 5v side mesh?

You can either try sea glow or retro brite. I would use retro brite since it's easier to clean off the shoes.

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

Also to anybody that has done a midsole swap before. How can I remove the midsole from my donor 4s? I cant afford to buy a heat gun to only use once. I have a hair dryer but it took me 30 min to begin to see any seperation. Any other ways?

Which heat gun did you price check? I think the cheapest one cost $40. It provides enough heat for the sole separation. The hair dryer will take you forever because it doesn't kick out as much heat compared to the heat gun. Find a heat gun that goes up to 500 degrees because that's enough to help the process without burning the foam. My heat gun goes up to 1100 degrees which cost $60 but I wanted something more powerful. Also to glockwork, try goof off. It should help remove the stickiness from the soles.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Also to anybody that has done a midsole swap before. How can I remove the midsole from my donor 4s? I cant afford to buy a heat gun to only use once. I have a hair dryer but it took me 30 min to begin to see any seperation. Any other ways?

Which heat gun did you price check? I think the cheapest one cost $40. It provides enough heat for the sole separation. The hair dryer will take you forever because it doesn't kick out as much heat compared to the heat gun. Find a heat gun that goes up to 500 degrees because that's enough to help the process without burning the foam. My heat gun goes up to 1100 degrees which cost $60 but I wanted something more powerful. Also to glockwork, try goof off. It should help remove the stickiness from the soles.

Thanks for the suggestion, didn't think of that.  I'll give it a shot.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

How can remove the heavy yellowing on my 2000 fire red 5v side mesh?

You can either try sea glow or retro brite. I would use retro brite since it's easier to clean off the shoes.
I just put it right on it will it matter if it gets on the fabric?

have no idea if this has been answered or not but how do you clean a shoe that has contrasting stitching? say i want to clean the CDP 14s which are black nubuck with white contrasting stitching or the lakers 6s that have that yellow, white and purple stitching but i dont want the stitching to turn a different color from the dirt, color fastening or what not. Does anyone have a way they do it? maybe a well kept secret between sneaker heads.

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

Any body know how I can make my angelus matte acrylic finisher actually matte?? I dulled my black and it looked perfect, but when I added my matte acrylic finisher, it made it glossy...
Is there anything I can do to make it matte again?
Add duller to the finisher.

Buy the heat gun, use it, and return it.

What can I use on my OG black/red xi's to clean the black mesh upper? Also the white midsole is pretty white butI want make it really look great and was wondering if I should paint them and if so what kind of paint and if not paint what can I use? Also is there anything I can do to repair small cracks in the patent leather? Thanks for any help!

Originally Posted by Josh311

What can I use on my OG black/red xi's to clean the black mesh upper? Also the white midsole is pretty white butI want make it really look great and was wondering if I should paint them and if so what kind of paint and if not paint what can I use? Also is there anything I can do to repair small cracks in the patent leather? Thanks for any help!

cleaning the mesh upper you should be able to use any shoe cleaner or warm water and soap works well too (use a tooth brush and lightly work the mesh a few times with whatever product you use), dont paint the midsole its too much work and makes them not look so good. My advice would be to use retrobrite on the midsole to whiten it and while you're there you might as well put it on the sole (it will make it look like new) do this a few times and the sole and midsole will look great quickly. as far as cracks on PL there isnt much you can do but on the black PL you can just get a sharpie and fill in the parts that are not black anymore and nobody will notice but you. i hope this helps you out.

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

Originally Posted by Josh311

cleaning the mesh upper you should be able to use any shoe cleaner or warm water and soap works well too (use a tooth brush and lightly work the mesh a few times with whatever product you use), dont paint the midsole its too much work and makes them not look so good. My advice would be to use retrobrite on the midsole to whiten it and while you're there you might as well put it on the sole (it will make it look like new) do this a few times and the sole and midsole will look great quickly. as far as cracks on PL there isnt much you can do but on the black PL you can just get a sharpie and fill in the parts that are not black anymore and nobody will notice but you. i hope this helps you out.

Very helpful thanks!

Originally Posted by RickJamez

have no idea if this has been answered or not but how do you clean a shoe that has contrasting stitching? say i want to clean the CDP 14s which are black nubuck with white contrasting stitching or the lakers 6s that have that yellow, white and purple stitching but i dont want the stitching to turn a different color from the dirt, color fastening or what not. Does anyone have a way they do it? maybe a well kept secret between sneaker heads.

so no one has any kind of advice? besides not getting my kicks dirty lol

so no one has any kind of advice? besides not getting my kicks dirty lol

Start with least harshest chemicals. I would start by cleaning the nubuck with foaming suede cleaner from Footlocker. It should do the job by cleaning both the nubuck an stitching without bleeding, however; when cleaning the stitching try to clean it separately with a clean rag and check it. If the stitching is really dirty you may need to use the harsher shoe cleaner on the stitching only. Use a sponge. If it is still dirty try a little Tide and water mixture, but don't over saturate the nubuck it will look terrible and will bleed. You will need to dry with a hair dryer so it doesn't leave stains. Try to minimize the amount of chemicals altogether.

yeah thats pretty much what i do now, but when i clean my shoes with contrasting stitching i usually go around the stitching just cuz im afraid if the stitching turning off white or dirty from the cleaner.

Anyone know what type of paint can be used to match the 99' White Cement Midsole ? Thanks in advanced! 

Anybody got experience cleaning old durabuck? I got og black cement 4s and there is a little cracks in it. What can I use to condition it to keep it from cracking further?

This. Experiencing the same thing but with my og black and red 19

This post is EXTREMELY helpful, I refer back to this for all my shoe cleaning questions/needs. Thanks for putting this together!

So does Mr. Clean magic eraser really make the midsole on the 3's less glossy?  
Also, has anyone come up with a solution that will get rid of yellow heel tabs on the 3's?   My '03's still look DS, but when you see them from the back, the yellowing heel tab kills it 
laugh.gif

FRAG wrote:
Anyone know what type of paint can be used to match the 99' White Cement Midsole ? Thanks in advanced! 

I would probably go with a light grey. 

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/paint.html

Originally Posted by BoiBreezy

I have a couple of chips on the white paint on my AJ 3's bc and was wondering what I could use to fix them. Got any suggestions?

You're gonna have to start from scratch because I'm sure more chips will appear soon. 

You buy a bottle of acetone ($2.00) or deglazer ($4.00) from turtlesfeathers.net

Buy the white paint and duller for the matte finish effect, and a brush. 

where is the best place to buy barge cement? im tryin to fix the sole on my 04 playoff 12s. is barge cement the best adhesive to use for this?

Back
Top Bottom