:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

any other techniques to clean up suede?

i mostly use jason markk, but havent tried touching up any suede cause i dont have the premium brush but will look into just copping a brush with softer bristles at target. looking to clean up suede on shadow 1s and varsity red black 6s. oh yeah im also gonnatry and whitening up the midsoles on the shadow 1s with plus white. is  that the general recomendation. if so i might also whiten up the midsoles on cinco and tiff sbs

any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Here is a little preview of my 2000 white/metallic silver AJV's.

So far I've only done the white part on the sole for 1 shoe and I didn't use any white paint.

I basically scrubbed off as much dirt possible with a Magic Eraser and the Jason Markk cleaner w/warm water.

Then I took a Dremel powertool w/the cotton bit extension and basically sanded off a VERY minimal part of the white rubber. It took off 95% of the dirt without taking away too much of the rubber.

Before I did this, the white part on the soles had pretty much lost all of its grip, but after, it feels like its original grip again.

Anyways, this will be my first experience using retrobrite and also my first time doing a full restoration, i've only done minimal paint fixes and minimal glue repairs.

Overall they were in pretty good shape, the uppers on both shoes were almost perfect, very minimal creasing and really the only thing wrong w/them were the yellowed side netting, toe caps and soles. The visible air unit is actually clearer and less fogged up than my DS pair.

These have always been one of my favorite J's and I can't wait to get them back to their former glory!

Anybody know how to get rid of this?  I'm pretty sure this is from the plastic inserts in the boxes.  Shoe Cleaner and a toothbrush didn't work.

Simple fix. Use an eraser and lightly scrub it off. Did that to my Concords with the same stain but in the heel area. Good as new.

Thx. i will try a better eraser then. Used one of those erasers from a bic mechanical pencil and that didnt work.

Guys, any help would be appreciated. The nubuck on my Unsupreme SB Dunks is heavily damaged due to me getting the shoes wet and not drying them quickly enough. I had just gotten back into copping shoes a couple years ago, and wasn't thinking about the nubuck and how much I needed to be careful with keeping them dry. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson, but I'm wondering if they can still be salvaged, as the rest of the shoes are on point. Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: After cleaning the toebox with Jason Markk, I realized that the shoes look normal when moist, so I think the problem is that the nubuck is dried out. Are there products that will help restore the moisture to the nubuck? Thanks again.

THIS is what the material is supposed to look like (the black panel):

THIS is what it looks like... smfh...

I have a pair of Black Metallic Vs with yellowed netting. Can the netting be dyed black?

Last edited:
Any way to fix this scratch or make it less noticeable on the patent leather? And I'm assuming a little E-6000 for the separated sole? :nerd:

anyone know how to get goo gone (an oil based cleaner) out of grey suede?

long story short.

bought cg iii's after 8 years of looking.

was so excited to have em i just started cleaning em and when ham.

used goo gone like and idiot in 2 spots.

now there is two black stains on the left shoe and im crushed.

not sure how to get it out. theyve been sitting in baby powder for 2 days (trying to absorb the oil)

HELP PLEASE.

will post pics later if necessary.

Any way to fix this scratch or make it less noticeable on the patent leather? And I'm assuming a little E-6000 for the separated sole?
nerd.gif
If it's an actual scatch into the material I don't know what to do, but if it's a scuff on the surface nail polish remover might take it off.

^ Yeah I believe it's a scratch not a scuff. I'm probably just gonna wait it out to find a DS pair. Was gonna grab these if they were fixable because they're for a great price but I'm in no rush to cop.

^ Yeah I believe it's a scratch not a scuff. I'm probably just gonna wait it out to find a DS pair. Was gonna grab these if they were fixable because they're for a great price but I'm in no rush to cop.
The toe part is easy enough to fix, u were on point with the E-6000. The scratch I don't know about. Depending on price could be worth it as the scratch is on the inner part of the shoe and won't be as noticable to the casual observer...

I have no products to clean my shoes...

What are some products you guys use that I can buy at FTL, FNL, ect...Something to maintain my XI and that patent leather clean...Looking for a cleaner...I also heard about sneaker protectors you guys recommend those?

Cause I used water and it looked like I spit at the patent leather lol...

I have no products to clean my shoes...

What are some products you guys use that I can buy at FTL, FNL, ect...Something to maintain my XI and that patent leather clean...Looking for a cleaner...I also heard about sneaker protectors you guys recommend those?

Cause I used water and it looked like I spit at the patent leather lol...
water and soap for cleaning and shoe polish for shine (polish for PL) or you could use vaseline and buff it in there but unless you stripped the PL down it should shine with just water and soap.

ive tried using jason markk on my shadow 1s but havent seen the results i wanted. i only cleaned the back portion, upper middle heel spot. any recommendations, lincoln ez cleaner? the suede/nubuck material is very delicate, seems to stain upon a slight rub of the finger. im in the process of whitening the soles aswell with plus white. will post pics shortly from my phone

Also looking to whiten my cincos, only one shoe has yellowed . Hoping to get it nice and white for cinco de mayo

Last edited:
Trying to replace the insoles on all my 3's with spenco insoles but I'm having issues removing some of them . Any tips on removing insoles without just ripping them out ?

Any suggestions with this dirt mark on my flyknits? the pics make it seem the mark is light, but its pretty noticeable against the volt color. (its darker in person)

thanks in advance NT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom